I remember when they suggested that they'll sell 5-man dungeons in the cash shop. People complained and let them know that they wouldn't like that. So they apparently backed down.

It's important to let them know what directions we wouldn't want them to take. They can do with it what they will, but it would be irresponsible not to voice your opinion as a future customer.

it's pointless to qq when the actual content of the cash shop is not revealed yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    I remember when they suggested that they'll sell 5-man dungeons in the cash shop. People complained and let them know that they wouldn't like that. So they apparently backed down.
    did they actually suggest it or people just fantasized that they did? cause it's usually the latter.
    Last edited by sacrypheyes; 2012-02-15 at 06:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when they suggested that they'll sell 5-man dungeons in the cash shop. People complained and let them know that they wouldn't like that.
    People complain about anything they want to sell instead of give away for free.
    They seem to have no concept or understanding of GW2's business model, or the fact that the game is not a charity.

10+ Year Old Account
    WRONG! ANet said themselves that they did not want to sell content in the game that segregates the community, which they learnt from how they rolled out GW1.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted

It's important to let them know what directions we wouldn't want them to take. They can do with it what they will, but it would be irresponsible not to voice your opinion as a future customer.
    That happened? Makes me sad. More content would have probably been the best product they could have had in the store, imho.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    WRONG! ANet said themselves that they did not want to sell content in the game that segregates the community, which they learnt from how they rolled out GW1.
    Jeff Grub used as an example in one of they panels they did once, but I've never heard anything like it since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    People complain about anything they want to sell instead of give away for free.
    They seem to have no concept or understanding of GW2's business model, or the fact that the game is not a charity.
    People don't want them to sell power. No one is advocating the ANet go out of business. People just have preferences as to what they are willing to find acceptable, and not acceptable, in a cash shop for an MMOPRG. There is nothing wrong with communicating that valuable consumer information back to ANet.

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    How did they learn that? Maybe it's cause people complained.... ?

I fail to see why giving feedback to ANet is a bad thing. I don't understand why so many people hate on the feedback. If I was a company starting out, I'd take people's feedback very seriously (though I'd have to examine it carefully, obviously).

Deleted
    I fail to see why giving feedback to ANet is a bad thing. I don't understand why so many people hate on the feedback. If I was a company starting out, I'd take people's feedback very seriously (though I'd have to examine it carefully, obviously).
    But Anet has made it clear that they have received the feedback, and while it's ok to discuss it even after that, there is no need to get ones panties in a twist. (Not saying that has happened here.)

giving feedback on something you don't have any serious infos isn't giving feedback imo, not to mention we don't have any idea of wether any anet dev is coming here, thus if they actually get any of the "feedback" people give here.

There is nothing to give feedback on.

Nothing changed.

You got your panties in a bunch over a rewording which was later stated that it was just a rewording of the original sentence and it still remains the same definition of said sentence.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    God, I think I'll have to clean all my jeans for Monday because I'll probably have to have plenty ready for all the information that'll roll on me.

Mmmmmm Mesmer info! And I'd like an update on ranger as well... how their pet is doing now.

Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    That happened? Makes me sad. More content would have probably been the best product they could have had in the store, imho.
    Really, you think so? Personally, I believe that content such as dungeons should be part of the original game, or included in an expansion. I would be pretty annoyed if I was playing the game and came across a dungeon, only to find out that I need to buy it before I can go inside. For me, that would cheapen the experience of playing a game that I have already paid for.

never payed for a DLC in any game until now, but a lot of people do, and they're the ones to blame if companies just take advantage of that.
    if anet release anything close to a dlc, i'll just boycott it and wait for some xpac where it may be included, end of story.

I'm still confused about combat. I keep looking at gameplay vids on youtube but it's all handheld cameras and you don't really see it properly...

So can you or can you not target people in this game? And you can't target allies or you can? By switching weapons you get a whole new set of skills, right? How many weapons can you have, and what are all these different "builds" people keep talking about?
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraiten View Post
    Really, you think so? Personally, I believe that content such as dungeons should be part of the original game, or included in an expansion. I would be pretty annoyed if I was playing the game and came across a dungeon, only to find out that I need to buy it before I can go inside. For me, that would cheapen the experience of playing a game that I have already paid for.
    What is the difference between an expansion and a single dungeon? I would much rather purchase a dungeon that I can complete and gain armor skins as a reward from it, than buy said armor skins and obtain them imminently.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm still confused about combat. I keep looking at gameplay vids on youtube but it's all handheld cameras and you don't really see it properly...

So can you or can you not target people in this game? And you can't target allies or you can? By switching weapons you get a whole new set of skills, right? How many weapons can you have, and what are all these different "builds" people keep talking about?
    You can target people, yes. No sure if it;s just baddies though.

Weapons depend on profession, some have two others have one due to profession mechanics instead.

Check out this for the weapons/skills on each profession.
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en

It's also explain more about builds once you read the skills.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2012-02-15 at 06:57 PM.

Watch TB's videos, even if you dislike him, he has better video quality than a lot of other vids atm

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=VB1pLPfcJI0&tracker=show0

Switching weapons switches your first 5 skills. You are able to switch between two different weapon setups in combat for most professions, elementalists and engineers being exceptions. Most people are referring to their weapon setups and the 3 utility skills you have on 7-9 when talking about builds. Builds will I assume also refer to traits when we are given more details on that system which, last we heard, was being reworked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep looking at gameplay vids on youtube but it's all handheld cameras and you don't really see it properly...
    This is direct feed, make sure you turn the quality up.

So can you or can you not target people in this game? And you can't target allies or you can?
    You can target enemies, but not friendly players.
    By switching weapons you get a whole new set of skills, right?
    On most classes yes.
    How many weapons can you have
    Classes that can swap have 2 sets. All classes have an additional underwater weapon set.
    what are all these different "builds" people keep talking about?
    You can choose your healing skill, 3 utility skills, and your elite skills. Or in simpler terms, everything right of the health orb.
    Different weapons also give different attack skills, and can be factored into a build.

I think there's a thread that answers most of these questions already. Try: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...The-One-Thread

Kidding aside (no seriously, the first post in the thread you've actually posted in actually answers all of your questions!), there's also a bunch of FAQ threads on the first page.

1) Check the videos sticky, there are quite a few non-handheld videos.

2) You can target enemies in game. You CANNOT target allies directly.

3) Switching weapons swaps your first 5 abilities.

4) You can have at least 4 weapons. You can also pick what skills those weapons do. An elementalist, for example, has 100+ skills to choose from.

5) Builds are sortakinda like talent points. Sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You can target people, yes. You just can't cast heals on a friendly target.

Weapons depend on profession, some have two others have one due to profession mechanics instead.

Check out this for the weapons/skills on each profession.
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en

It's also explain more about builds once you read the skills.
    Wait so for slots 67890 you choose from several skills? Can you switch which skill you want in that slot mid battle or no?

Edit: Thanks for the vid, watching
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.