glad they are removing the leakers, no more beta invites for them.

Haven't looked. Not gonna.
    Puts fingers in ears and closes eyes...lah lah lah.
    Way not cool to break the NDA. Those that did are probably feeling totally gutted right about now.

I mean, they could have just waited 2 days. So silly to break the NDA at this point.

Most pointless leaks I've ever seen. I hope it was worth it for the leakers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guilegamesh View Post
    Most pointless leaks I've ever seen. I hope it was worth it for the leakers.
    Really.

They didn't even bother to screen cap tool tips or anything worth while other than some windows that don't really explain anything.
    I heard that the original link had descriptions of the screenshots, explaining what did what and other things, but it didn't last long apparently. All for not.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Really.

They didn't even bother to screen cap tool tips or anything worth while other than some windows that don't really explain anything.
    I heard that the original link had descriptions of the screenshots, explaining what did what and other things, but it didn't last long apparently. All for not.
    Useless screen shots on things we already knew.
    If you had to break the NDA, why link that useless junk

>.>
    Last edited by zito; 2012-02-19 at 02:16 AM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    If you had to break the NDA, why link that useless junk
    It's probably because they're not trying to do any damage, but they can't contain themselves that they have beta and need to brag.

Deleted
    Tut tut all of you looking at the leaked pictures! It's like looking at your presents on Christmas eve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    Tut tut all of you looking at the leaked pictures! It's like looking at your presents on Christmas eve.
    Well it was Christmas day somewhere.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welp, found a TON of new screens on a site. Want to pass it by a moderator before I post it. Don't want to get in trouble ya know.

EDIT: Supposedly Gamespot UK posted the screens first, still don't know if they were supposed to yet or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just been working on a bit of my HoM, I've come to the conclusion that everyone who says that the GW1's community isn't nice, is full of shit.

I have not traded or dealt with a single person that's been an asshole, I haven't had one person try to invite me to a guild without asking very politely first (yes I know there is a fee, but it's one mob drop of gold), and I haven't seen one person trolling or acting like a douchebag.

Now I'm sure if I was to join someone's dungeon run, and do horribly bad I'd have a negative experience with another plater, but then I'd have no one to blame but myself. So far with interactions I've had with the community, I've yet to have a single negative one.

Now I'm sure if I was to join someone's dungeon run, and do horribly bad I'd have a negative experience with another plater, but then I'd have no one to blame but myself. So far with interactions I've had with the community, I've yet to have a single negative one.
    Actually, most groups who form up for ZQs are usually happy to carry someone new. And explain the encounters/bonuses if needed.

Just my own opinion here, but I always felt the GW players were older and more aware of the niche they occupy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Just been working on a bit of my HoM, I've come to the conclusion that everyone who says that the GW1's community isn't nice, is full of shit.

I have not traded or dealt with a single person that's been an asshole, I haven't had one person try to invite me to a guild without asking very politely first (yes I know there is a fee, but it's one mob drop of gold), and I haven't seen one person trolling or acting like a douchebag.

GW's "bad" community rep comes mostly from the pvp crowd.

Only the GvGers or HOH players are like that. And somewhat understandably when PVP is so decisively about skill and composition. I mean pro-MOBA teams are also 'prickish' to a certain degree. But not falsely so usually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Actually, most groups who form up for ZQs are usually happy to carry someone new. And explain the encounters/bonuses if needed.

Just my own opinion here, but I always felt the GW players were older and more aware of the niche they occupy.
    That's good to know

I still wouldn't risk it though, because I'm really bad at my GW1 Warrior. I think it's just because of the way I used to play my Rogue in Wow. I would never simply run away from a boss and then turn around when I got far enough away, I would jump and do a 180 in mid air and attack while flying backwards. To go from that playstyle to how melee behaves in GW1 just throws me for a loop.

---------- Post added 2012-02-19 at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only the GvGers or HOH players are like that. And somewhat understandably when PVP is so decisively about skill and composition.
    As much as I hate jerk players in MMO's, I really don't have a problem with that. When you're playing in a competitive environment and you have claimed you can perform at a certain level, and you're not delivering, then you can't really expect people to be happy when you're standing in the way of that which they are trying to accomplish.

I never was a warrior fan in GW. It's the only profession I don't have any elite armor for. One thing that takes me a while to get used to whenever I go back to playing GW when I haven't for a while is not being able to jump. After I play it a bit, I don't notice it. But going from other games, specifically other mmos, to GW it takes me an adjustment period.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    so when is open beta being released? definetly wanna try this game out!

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    IZE]As much as I hate jerk players in MMO's, I really don't have a problem with that. When you're playing in a competitive environment and you have claimed you can perform at a certain level, and you're not delivering, then you can't really expect people to be happy when you're standing in the way of that which they are trying to accomplish.
    Yea, I don't PVP much. But as competitive raiders, we (guild) often have to take a hard line when someone isn't up to snuff. Part of our interview process is simply seeing if you can take pointed criticism. That's really all it comes down to, IMO.

In the end one would be inconsiderate of group/team's time & effort and your own if you are under-performing. So yea, I cut those guys some slack because I understand the POV.

Anyone think a sword thief will be good at pvp? I know teamquitter says it wont be but the stun with swords/pistol looks like it might be good. I realise it is probably too early to really know but it was just something I have been looking into.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Anyone think a sword thief will be good at pvp? I know teamquitter says it wont be but the stun with swords/pistol looks like it might be good. I realise it is probably too early to really know but it was just something I have been looking into.
    too early to really say. You also have your second weapon set and all of your utility skills to setup in addition to traits (which I think will definitely be the difference maker in all of the builds) . You can probably make a good build with sword/pistol setup