Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    There wasn't so much new stuffs... "Only" Mesmer, WvW and the new PvP map
    Was hoping for some Asura and Sylvari startzones etc :S
    No Asura and Sylvari anything for this round (only really sad about Asura). However, I'm excited about the new PvP map. And the longer we wait, the more class videos there will be. I think people tended to start with Mesmer because they were the only class without much info out there at all. I'm glad to see not many of the story line quests. I want to keep those fresh. Made the mistake of watching lots of story line quest videos before the game came out, and so they weren't really that interesting when I finally got to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Yeah, for whatever reason Asura and Sylvari weren't available to the press. Anyone privy to the reason why?
    Probably still working on finalizing those areas.
    Why do I run? Why do I slay? Why do I play? ...Carrots? Nay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    No Asura and Sylvari anything for this round (only really sad about Asura). However, I'm excited about the new PvP map. And the longer we wait, the more class videos there will be. I think people tended to start with Mesmer because they were the only class without much info out there at all. I'm glad to see not many of the story line quests. I want to keep those fresh. Made the mistake of watching lots of story line quest videos before the game came out, and so they weren't really that interesting when I finally got to play them.

Probably still working on finalizing those areas.
    Or asura are already perfect =)

Well, I agree, if they spoil too much of the story it wont feel as exciting when you start playing the game yourself. And that's a good reason then that they didn't show us asura... we can look at the other boring people and get a hum about what storylines will look like and what we might expect, but still know nothing about the asura version of it =) win - win for asura lovers when it comes to that anyway :P

Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    The new 5s map. Looks interesting

that thief and mesmer 1v1 was just incredible.

Deleted
    One thing that sadden me by a lot of interviews is that the game was really laggy on higher graphic settings and that has to be fixed before release...
    So I feel like the release date just moved from May, I thought it was May myself - nothing said from A-net, to later...

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 04:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    that thief and mesmer 1v1 was just incredible.
    Have to agree, that part was the best of all I've seen yet. Such great combat

After seeing this first round of videos I'm totally clueless on what to choose.

Elementalist, Warrior, Thief, Ranger...

The guns in the game sound so amazing though. I was just in awe when I saw an Engineer video.

Deleted
    Love the in-game mail system, instant mail from the UI, no messing around having to find a mailbox <3

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    One thing that sadden me by a lot of interviews is that the game was really laggy on higher graphic settings and that has to be fixed before release...
    So I feel like the release date just moved from May, I thought it was May myself - nothing said from A-net, to later...

---------- Post added 2012-02-20 at 04:40 PM ----------

Have to agree, that part was the best of all I've seen yet. Such great combat
    I doubt it's the game's fault that it was laggy. There could have been countless factors that caused it. The recording software, the tester's computers/connections, lag from ANet's end. I seriously doubt ANet would allow choppy gameplay after 5 years of perfectionism.

Staff mesmer seems to lack.... survivability. However probably stronger then any skill set for group gameplay. Conditions..consditons oh and more fucken conditions did I mention boons to your allys?

I think I found my PvE weapon!
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Ever thought that the vids you saw aren't at highest settings? Here's one that looks pretty good (maybe not highest): Gamestar (it's in German)
    That's probably the best i have seen but still isn't anywhere near as impressive as people have been making out - also not sure why ,out of all the different people making videos, you seem to think none of them have run the game on the max possible settings when they are trying to showcase a new game.

Dont get me wrong, graphics aren't everything, I just wasn't as impressed as i thought i would be from the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss
    Same here. TERA looks great for what it is, but it's almost too cliche for my tastes.
    Offtopic: Just curious as to which bit of Tera you found to be cliche ? I am not particularly a fan but it has some of the craziest mob design/architecture i have seen.

Deleted
    Here is some WvW (with combat) for people who haven't seen it yet:

2nd part of Yogcast Mesmer video is up.

I think Mesmer survivability will seem lacking until people learn how to take full advantage of the 'confusing people' element of the profession. It takes learning to act a bit like the NPCs and how best to cause chaos. Also, in most of the Mesmer videos I've noticed that people RARELY do a weapon swap.
    Last edited by fishious; 2012-02-20 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    That's probably the best i have seen but still isn't anywhere near as impressive as people have been making out - also not sure why ,out of all the different people making videos, you seem to think none of them have run the game on the max possible settings when they are trying to showcase a new game.

Dont get me wrong, graphics aren't everything, I just wasn't as impressed as i thought i would be from the hype.
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/epi...vs.-aesthetics

All mesmer skills demonstrated and explained.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    Ever thought that the vids you saw aren't at highest settings? Here's one that looks pretty good (maybe not highest): Gamestar (it's in German)
    I dunno why, but this video looks the best from what I've seen so far.

You can buff and debuff while you... buff and debuff!..... I'm confused.
    Priceless :P

Stood in the Fire Stealthedbear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    so many videos!!!!

Apparently you can't change your eye color. It's a small thing, but I want it in!

I really enjoy that about many of the Mesmer moves. Just use them, something will happen! Especially if there are enemies and allies all around.

EDIT: I'm looking forward to seeing videos where people are better at taking advantage of the dodge mechanic, as well as grasping the whole idea of avoiding damage instead of sitting there and just taking it (See Yagcast #2 video)
    Last edited by fishious; 2012-02-20 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannaya View Post
    Offtopic: Just curious as to which bit of Tera you found to be cliche ? I am not particularly a fan but it has some of the craziest mob design/architecture i have seen.
    It's entirely the art design for me, but I also loathe anime, so take that for what it is.