graphically Tera is better but from an artistic and aesthetic point of view, I prefer GW2

Deleted
    *throws money at Arena.net!* Give it to me naow! <3

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Anyone else notice the bear lodge is like a den on the inside? I thought that was really cool.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Anyone else notice the bear lodge is like a den on the inside? I thought that was really cool.
    1 thing i notcied was that you have a freaking reflection in the ice block you run by!

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    1 thing i notcied was that you have a freaking reflection in the ice block you run by!
    Yeah that was sick! I thought the ice sculpture looked terrible till I saw it from a lower elevation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Kotaku.com says that most people had to run it on low, anything higher resulted in low fps, even while not recording. He didn't go into detail what kinda of rig he was using other than it was a stationary. That was their only gripe, that the current build was in need of optimization.
    About performance, the spanish site reports that his computer, with these specs:

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T with OC 3.5
    4gb de RAM DDR3 at 1600
    AMD Radeon 6950
    Drivers AMD 12.1
    Resolución 1920×1080

managed from 10 to 28 fps in Ultra and from 21 to 60 in low, averaging around 36. Also says that when participating in very large battles (mentions around 100 total participants) it was a slideshow with nomore than 10 fps, even in low settings.

Durability loss also seems to happen in WvW, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Kotaku.com says that most people had to run it on low, anything higher resulted in low fps, even while not recording. He didn't go into detail what kinda of rig he was using other than it was a stationary. That was their only gripe, that the current build was in need of optimization.
    Keep in mind Kotaku has always been a PoS site. I'm not fanboying GW2, I just always laugh whenever I go to that website.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    About performance, the spanish site reports that his computer, with these specs:

4gb de RAM DDR3 at 1600
    AMD Radeon 6950
    Drivers AMD 12.1
    Resolución 1920×1080

managed from 10 to 28 fps in Ultra and from 21 to 60 in low, averaging around 36. Also says that when participating in very large battles (mentions around 100 total participants) it was a slideshow with nomore than 10 fps, even in low settings.

Durability loss also seems to happen in WvW, by the way.
    Most likely a driver issue. Another post from MMORPG claims he got minimum of 40 fps off some model of i5 and a 460. The above specs should blow GW2 out of water. Durability should definitely (and probably will be) be changed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mesmer damage output seems to be meh at best compared to everyone else, and the slow response time of clones and the slow spawning time of clones when you use a skill is god awful, you can clearly tell who the real one is because of it.
    I've got to agree. Got sadden by this... :S But, they said someone (whom I can't remember anymore) did good in PvP as a mesmer, or more correctly. Really good. It was in the PvP interview I think?

Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I've got to agree. Got sadden by this... :S But, they said someone (whom I can't remember anymore) did good in PvP as a mesmer, or more correctly. Really good. It was in the PvP interview I think?
    Yeah mesmers are supposed to be the hardest to play so I figured they would do low damage. You are going to have to know when to use your abilities to do well I am guessing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post

4gb de RAM DDR3 at 1600
    AMD Radeon 6950
    Drivers AMD 12.1
    Resolución 1920×1080

/shrug, I have a case that supports quad SLI, and I only need one of my kidneys.

Take it all with a grain of salt though. Most of these press beta vids don't seem like there are highly skilled gamers at the controls. Most look to play horribly and the game is new and different. When players are in there with the nuts & bolts after a few weeks, we'll see what's what in terms of performance.

With all due respect to Mike B and TB's wife, I am not going to take gameplay footage of either as an indicator on robust meta-craft at this stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I've watched a bunch of videos from impressions to just a showcase of the game and I have a couple of comments to make.

First of all, the videos lowered any kind of hype I had to manageable levels. I know now, for a fact, that I will be buying and playing this game. I think that sounded backhanded, but here me out.

A lot of the questions I've had I have been filling in with positives, and avoided negatives. Now that the negatives are clear to me I know what to expect. Of course these negatives could only be because of "beta is beta" or "fraps is crap", but that only means it'll be better by release, and be ironed out as the game continues after release.

Yes, I saw things that I didn't like. Yes I saw things that I did. The positives outweighed the short-comings and the "no-sub" model will get me to buy the game in spite of the negatives.

Still waiting on Total Biscuit to release videos, since he has stated he was going to cover the game like he did Cataclysm. If that's true his videos will end up being more informative than opinionated.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    So, I've watched a bunch of videos from impressions to just a showcase of the game and I have a couple of comments to make.

First of all, the videos lowered any kind of hype I had to manageable levels. I know now, for a fact, that I will be buying and playing this game. I think that sounded backhanded, but here me out.

A lot of the questions I've had I have been filling in with positives, and avoided negatives. Now that the negatives are clear to me I know what to expect. Of course these negatives could only be because of "beta is beta" or "fraps is crap", but that only means it'll be better by release, and be ironed out as the game continues after release.

Yes, I saw things that I didn't like. Yes I saw things that I did. The positives outweighed the short-comings and the "no-sub" model will get me to buy the game in spite of the negatives.

Still waiting on Total Biscuit to release videos, since he has stated he was going to cover the game like he did Cataclysm. If that's true his videos will end up being more informative than opinionated.
    List the negatives?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    List the negatives?
    Frame rates and lag (possible cause: fraps, beta)
    Awkward voice acting (opinionated, possible work in progress)
    Low res textures (beta, fraps, press cpu)

There are other really small things I found. There's really nothing glaring, just small things. I really need to play it myself.

Really; that small, small list of 3 things probably won't make it to launch, and they are small in of themselves.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

What really disappointed me was the duration of the portals.

They last like 20 seconds or something. That's barley enough time to set up 2 portals where you want them to.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

It's so very nice with some Mesmer gameplay, my long awaited proffession (not class) and why do so many still say quests? yes 1 can argue personal story has "quests" but that's about it >.<

I have seen, and fallen in love with Engineer too now. + the rest also, i can not decide what to play yet.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

There are other really small things I found. There's really nothing glaring, just small things. I really need to play it myself.

Really; that small, small list of 3 things probably won't make it to launch, and they are small in of themselves.
    Yea i noticed on the yoggscast videos that it tended to be lagging a bit. But I also saw in mmorpg.com's video where he said he believe they are running on a heavily modified alpha server. if so that would explain it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    List the negatives?
    I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I'll list just a few from my perspective

Two aren't really issues, it's more of a preference. It's the running and jumping, it just seems kinda weird on all races except for Asuras, and I don't want to play an Asura = /. The other is a matter of taste also, which is the VO, not really a fan of some that I heard

The other is the possibility of framing in massive battles in WvWvW. I have a pretty decent computer, I can run games like BF3 on Ultra with 80+ FPS, but I'm not sure how it will match up in huge battles, I know in TOR their engine is complete and utter shit and I get crappy frames in big battles, but it isn't as huge as how WvWvW will be, so I'm being cautiously optimistic and hoping for the best in this game. The map is pretty huge, so I'm hoping people would spread out to get objectives and not zerging in massive groups to make it frame.

Other than those handful of stuff, the positives more than outweigh whatever qualms i may have with the game
    Last edited by Bane123; 2012-02-20 at 07:09 PM.

Almost all of this seems like it's the problem of the Press and their shitty presentation, tbh.