Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    To add onto his list: You can sell them in great temple, I did for 5.8k each.
    Another tip: Go Americas server, much more active than Europe's = Easier to find good guilds/alliances and sell items like Iron Ingots/Bones etc.
    You can ofc yeah...but there's more people selling them at great temple...so greater supply normally means lower prices. Best place to buy, worst place to sell.
    I sold mine in LA america dist 1 for 6.5k each Would have gotten 5.5 in great temple.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn it, I hope beta access comes soon. Just got down with TERA and it was actually a hell of a lot more enjoyable than I thought it would be. If they fix the terrible RNG in the crafting and enchanting I will probably buy it. I have actually been following TERA longer than GW2, but it never seemed like it would actually come out. After playing it I do have to say it could be very strong competition. But if the RNG remains from the Korean version, I won't bother. Nothing like hearing from a korean player saving up gold and mats for 2 weeks, trying to upgrade his gloves, having them actually get worse and then go back to the same number it was when he started. So he literally wasted 2 weeks of mats gambling to get it upgraded and it actually got worse before it returned to where he started.

Fortunately GW2 crafting and gear won't be like that. +12 gear in TERA is a BIG BIG deal. The stats on them are crazy high compared to their base stats, or even +9. I will say this, if GW2 combat is as engaging as TERA but has all the features Arenanet has promoted, I will do all I can to give them money.

I bet they won't change the RNG much. That is a very common system in KR MMOs. Usually they sell, no pun intended, Gasha Eggs in the cash shop that eliminate the RNG.

The MMO I played before Rift was the worse for such a system. You could buy crystals to upgrade from 1-12. Each time you got to a higher tier your chance of downgrading increased exponentially.

I blew $75 buck to go from 6-8, $20 to get from 8-10 and then paid like 12million in game gold for +11. Didn't risk 12 till 2 weeks later when they were selling the perfect gasha egg for like $7 a pop.

This is the way they roll in Korea. And to be quite honest, every SINGLE system in Tera was designed to be monetized. I can point out every element that will available in the cash shop right now.

P.S. I love Tera. ROFL
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-27 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I bet they won't change the RNG much. That is a very common system in KR MMOs. Usually they sell, no pun intended, Gasha Eggs in the cash shop that eliminate the RNG.

The the MMO I played before Rift was the worse for such a system. You could buy crystals to upgrade from 1-12. Each time you got to a higher tier your chance of downgrading increased exponentially.

I blew $75 buck to go from 6-8, $20 to get from 8-10 and then paid like 12million in game gold for +11. Didn't risk 12 till 2 weeks later when they were selling the perfect gasha egg for like $7 a pop.

This is the way they in Korea. And to be quite honest, ever SINGLE system in Tera was designed to monetized. I can point out every element that will available in the cash shop right now.
    wat

Wow.....

If you didn't have +12 you weren't gonna be raiding the top content. Each dungeon and raid had like 8 difficulty modes. I like to be at the top.

Heard they raised the cap a few months ago to +16. A whole set of gear in that game is about $800 USD per tier now. It was around $250-300 when I left to Rift.

This is why it amuses me when people are skeptical about GW2 selling a top hat in the cash shop for $2. Anet will make so much money off that stuff. I bet Blizzard swim in dollar bills every time a new mount is in their cash shop.

Subscription fees are fucking chump change, guys.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-27 at 09:31 AM.

If you didn't have +12 you weren't gonna be raiding the top content. Each dungeon and raid had like 8 difficulty modes. I like to be at the top.

Heard they raised the cap a few months ago to +16. A whole set of gear in that game is about $800 USD per tier now. It was around $250-300 when I left to Rift.

This is why it amuses me when people are skeptical about GW2 selling a top hat in the cash shop for $2. Anet will make so much money off that stuff. I bet Blizzard swim in dollar bills every time a new mount is in their cash shop.

Subscription fees are fucking chump change, guys.
    $800?!?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    $800?!?!?!?
    Aion tiers sell into the thousand.

Weapons are several hundred, and they don't make them much cheaper if it's for 1 handers. Godstones (major enchant for weapons basically) cost a crap load too. And they cost even more for +10, and even more for socketing the items with manastones.

Google it, I swear xD
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-02-27 at 09:59 AM.

$800?!?!?!?
    Yeah, now you know why they're poor over there. Not because of communism, but due to this game.

$800?!?!?!?
    Sure?

Each character has: 2 rings, 2 earrings, 1 necklace, helm, shoulderpads, chest, belt, leggings, boots, gloves, cape, main weapon, off hand weapon and a pair of wings.

Each piece above needs to be +12 (or 16 I guess), have stats added (up to 6), 4 rune sockets, 4 runes for those sockets and then have it's item level raised from 4 to 9 for armor, 4 to 12 for weapons/OH.

Each of those modifications cost IRL dollars. Each equipment piece can have an individual replacement skin of your choosing as well. Which is also IRL $$. And NOBODY wears default skins- gross.

I am not up to date on the game anymore. 800 could be high... or not. Depends on what new stuff they added. For example, before I left they added a mini pet system (IRL $$) that gave you stats as long as you fed the pet. Which cost IRL $$. But you could also breed the pets to level, and thus increase the stats they gave you. There was no limit to the pet's level- just your bank account. Mounts were $20 a pop.

I take it you are not someone who plays many Asian MMOs, yes?

Be grateful Anet are selling character slots for a measly $10. I suppose.

Edit: Did I mention how they punish you for death? Gear loses durability. To regain durability you must pay IRL $ at a certain point. On top of that, you are penalized XP with "Death Debt" that you have to pay back by grinding off 2x your current level worth of XP. Or natch, you can erase your debt with a $12 ticket in the cash shop.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-02-27 at 10:06 AM.

Along with what Fencers said, and I know I mention it on these forums a lot, but I used to play a game called Ragnarok Online, and it had a very similar system to what Fencers described.

Each piece of gear (helm, chest, shoes, weapon, shield, etc) could be upgraded with a blacksmith. The max upgrade was +10, and with each upgrade you would have a lower success chance.

From +4 to +5, you have a 60% success rate, +5 to +6 is 40%, 6-7 is 40%, 7-8 is 20% success rate, 8-9 is about 15% (iirc), and +9 to +10 would be 5% success rate. And these pieces of gear cost A LOT of gold, too, so you would have to buy dozens if not hundreds of gear (which again weren't cheap), and then you'd have to pray to god that you'd get at least several +9s, so that you could have an inkling of a chance to get to +10. If you got a +10, you could sell it for literally hundreds of millions of gold, and as for reference, a normal +0 piece of gear would be less than a million gold.

Anyway, eventually the game started selling items in their cash shop that would give you a +30% success rate. A lot of people bought these...

And when I used to play the game, it was a requirement for our 5man guild (we would storm entire guild castles filled with people with just us 5 coordinating properly) to buy the +stat potions, which cost a lot. I think I probably spent 10 dollars worth of cash shop items per night because of those potions. Lucky for me, I still had an allowance back then, being a kid

Sure?

Each character has: 2 rings, 2 earrings, 1 necklace, helm, shoulderpads, chest, belt, leggings, boots, gloves, cape, main weapon, off hand weapon and a pair of wings.

Each piece above needs to be +12 (or 16 I guess), have stats added (up to 6), 4 rune sockets, 4 runes for those sockets and then have it's item level raised from 4 to 9 for armor, 4 to 12 for weapons/OH.

Each of those modifications cost IRL dollars.

Each equipment pieces can have an individual replacement skin of your choosing as well. Which is also IRL $$. And NOBODY wears default skins- gross.

I am not up to date on the game anymore. 800 could be high... or not. Depends on what new stuff they added. For example, buy I left they added a mini pet system (IRL $$) that gave you stats as long as you fed the pet. Which cost IRL $$. But you could also breed the pets to level, and thus increase the stats they gave you. There was no limit to the pet's level- just your bank account.

I take it you are not someone who plays many Asian MMOs, yes?

Be grateful Anet are selling character slots for a measly $10. I suppose.
    What game? O.o sounds much like aion (which it probably is)

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon the Mystic View Post
    What game? O.o sounds much like aion (which it probably is)
    Radiant Aracana/Runes of Magic.

Radiant Aracana/Runes of Magic.
    Hm, didn't play either.

OT: Does anyone have the link(s) to go to the build your GW2 character web page? I want to see if it was updated and didn't add it to my favorites.

EDIT: nvm, google is my lover.

Can someone explain to me how the traits system works? I know you spend points in it like a Class Talent Tree, but once you get all the traits, do the lower ones become like a passive? Or are traits the extra skill buttons on the left? I actually think those are utilities, but I'm not exactly sure and just want to clarify.

On the GW2 Page, it says that traits are gained through out the world, doing tasks that are different for each profession, but also according to the mass info page on the forums it says we get 70 for leveling 11-80. So is 70 the minimum at max level and are there an extra unknown # from doing tasks?
    Last edited by Allanon the Mystic; 2012-02-27 at 10:28 AM.

Traits are like Glyphs in a certain fashion- passive boons to your existing abilities. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trait

The skills represented as 6-9 are utility skills gained in various ways. 0 is your elite skills- also gained in various ways. Neither of which are traits.

Traits are like Glyphs in a certain fashion- passive boons to your existing abilities. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trait

The skills represented as 6-9 are utility skills gained in various ways. 0 is your elite skills- also gained in various ways. Neither of which are traits.
    Okay, wanted to make suree if traits were a passive thing or not. Was slightly confused if we had to pick certain ones or not after we put the points in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The trait system on http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/ is from before the redesign.

This is the current one:

Mod note: Previously leaked info is public post press beta

10+ Year Old Account
    I watched the thief video and it showed off the class fairly well imo, and this is coming from someone who has never liked their videos before. Made me a bit more interested in the proff a bit more than i was.

Deleted
    from twitter..

Guild Wars 2 ‏ @GuildWars2 Close
    No #GuildWars2 beta invites have been sent out as yet, more news to follow this week ~AT
    so beta invites this upcomming weekend?! x3