a quick questin to a guild wars veteran:

what should I do with all the common crafting materials? I have played gw for a month now, haven't finished a campaign yet but began with Nightfall, halfway through I switched to EotN and halfway through that I currently started in Lions Arch. I have tons of common crafting material (a small amount of rare) and no idea what to do with it. All bags are full constantly, even the crafting material bankslot is full with wood and iron. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    That's was pretty good. Reminds me of when I went through the High Warlord grind back in vanilla...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post

what should I do with all the common crafting materials? I have played gw for a month now, haven't finished a campaign yet but began with Nightfall, halfway through I switched to EotN and halfway through that I currently started in Lions Arch. I have tons of common crafting material (a small amount of rare) and no idea what to do with it. All bags are full constantly, even the crafting material bankslot is full with wood and iron. >.<
    You'll need a lot for HoM armors. What material type depends on which class you are.

10+ Year Old Account

We really need a GW1 Q&A thread.

Sell the mats, especially wood and iron. Sell it to the material vendor, you can get a nice sum of gold for it. If my material bankslot has about 250 of one material, I sell 100-200 of it.

Oh, and I hope this is a good idea, I'm not a veteran, just started a month ago and I'm switching between the campains, too.

Edit: Just saw Mifs Post. Yes, maybe if you are going for HoM stuff then you shouldn't sell so much.
    Personally, I'm not sure if I should go for ANY HoM-reward, since it's really much work for someone who os new to the game.
    I don't even know if I should buy EotN at all.
    Last edited by Rhywolver; 2012-04-11 at 09:29 PM.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sell them, create consets. A full set can sell for 8-10k

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cons

I didn't like when they added that to GWEN. Felt like cheating. Many areas previous were also quite easy w/ some smarts behind it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Speaking of the DD/CE items, what the website calls the "golem banker" is called the "golem butler" in game (as seen in the Gamebreaker video).
    No, I don't think they're the same. The one he uses in the video is a one-use item with 5 min duration, whereas the DD edition clearly states that the Golem banker you get from it has a 5 day duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkman View Post
    No, I don't think they're the same. The one he uses in the video is a one-use item with 5 min duration, whereas the DD edition clearly states that the Golem banker you get from it has a 5 day duration.
    I suspect you may be correct

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You'll need a lot for HoM armors. What material type depends on which class you are.
    I'm a warrior. The last hour I was looking for a decent armor guide which lists all elite armor pieces + material. Haven't found one yet Wiki seems only have pictures without the needed materials.

And now I have to store all those hundrets of iron & steel ingots until I can finally spend it in the far future... holy cow Oo
    I'm really overwhelmed with all the stuff in my store, not knowing what I should keep and what I can sell. Working on the HoM long term.

thanks for the help so far guys!

I'm a warrior. The last hour I was looking for a decent armor guide which lists all elite armor pieces + material. Haven't found one yet Wiki seems only have pictures without the needed materials.

And now I have to store all those hundrets of iron & steel ingots until I can finally spend it in the far future... holy cow Oo
    I'm really overwhelmed with all the stuff in my store, not knowing what I should keep and what I can sell. Working on the HoM long term.

thanks for the help so far guys!
    I have the exact same problem as you with GW1, I'm pretty new too it too and I think I've got the max inventory space--but there's just no room for anything! I'm kind of clepto because I'm afraid to get rid of anything should I need it later for HoM. All those random mob drops you can trade to collectors? Trying to hang onto those too...

I'm also a warrior though and I found this page on the wiki helpful: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_armor

If you click the actual names of the armor sets it brings you to the mats needed and who crafts them, etc.

So...after I got my key last night, I got a phone call from Game Stop saying I can come pick up my key...should I go get a second key for a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    I have the exact same problem as you with GW1, I'm pretty new too it too and I think I've got the max inventory space--but there's just no room for anything! I'm kind of clepto because I'm afraid to get rid of anything should I need it later for HoM. All those random mob drops you can trade to collectors? Trying to hang onto those too...

I'm also a warrior though and I found this page on the wiki helpful: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Warrior_armor

If you click the actual names of the armor sets it brings you to the mats needed and who crafts them, etc.
    thanks a lot I haven't clicked on the names the first time >.< lol. And the list on the bottom of the page is exactly what I was looking for. Now that I see this and the amount of money I need... I think it's not worth all the effort. It's probably better to play the game for fun only anyway :P

thanks a lot I haven't clicked on the names the first time >.< lol. And the list on the bottom of the page is exactly what I was looking for. Now that I see this and the amount of money I need... I think it's not worth all the effort. It's probably better to play the game for fun only anyway :P
    Yeah definitely. It's such a long game anyways, I'm still on Nightfall and it's all I've been playing. xD It's a good time. Good luck!

@Maarius - I ended up making all the alts I can and storing as much as I can on those. I have two who literally just has stacks of crafting mats. You can get 50 bag slots per alt if you buy all the easily available bags.
    With the other alts, I try to keep them organised with drops from each campaign that I don't want to give sell in case I need somewhere.

And thanks for who posted that consumables link. I might start making some gold that way

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I wonder if they have started giving out links to the client? Maybe there sending out in batches.
    I doubt it, we're at least 8 days away from a beta weekend, so there's no hurry really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why'd this get unstickied...sad day.

Anyways yeah I'm with Rivehn. It'd be nice to just stare at it for a while on my laptop haha...but I doubt they'll hand it out until the week of a beta event.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Well i'm sure some of us have some slow download speeds so i'd rather get it downloaded now lol.
    If people are right and next beta weekend is 20-22, I'd expect the client to be given out no earlier than Friday.

So something leaked, showing the next beta event, and apparently this is something that was still being edited so the information at the beginning is old information from previous beta events.

Pssst click me

4/20 wat?
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-12 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    So something leaked, showing the next beta event, and apparently this is something that was still being edited so the information at the beginning is old information from previous beta events.

Pssst click me
    Vewwwwwyyyy intewwwstink.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Is it sad I tried clicking on the links in the picture? /sigh
    No, but it's sad you admit to doing so in your post :P