Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Never seen Guild Wars : Eye of the North abbreviated as GWEN before, always as EotN. Guess that's just my ignorance. Yeah, I was talking about the cash shop quest, and I don't know anything about it.
    We were calling it GW:EN prior to release due to the rumor that Gwen, last seen in Pre-Searing Ascalon, was finally making a return and going to become a pivotal character. Turned out to be more true than we could have hoped at the time.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It was possible in GW1 and also possible to MARVELOUS effect in Aion. Though the two games have differing developers, the cash shop and pub were NCsoft. So I would hope makeovers are possible in GW2 as well.
    Oh great thanks The fact it was possible in GW1 makes me a lot more optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by boredisboring13 View Post
    Sorry to derail the thread, but how likely is it that Anet will allow character re-customisation through the cash shop? I can't recall it being available from the leaked images (though ofc the shop is still a work in progress). Just wondering if it was possible in GW1 or whether it seems to be something Anet doesn't want to make possible (maybe to keep a sense of permanence with the characters).

I'm willing to race through the customisation (and pay to redo it later) just so I have a larger chance to secure the name I want (I know sad lol).
    If you are willing to pay ... buy one of the GW1 games, You will have character name(s) from GW1 reserved in GW2. But I am not sure it's necessary since ANET does the number behind name thing. And GW1 had recustomization, GW2 will have as well just maybe not at release.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    If you are willing to pay ... buy one of the GW1 games, You will have character name(s) from GW1 reserved in GW2. But I am not sure it's necessary since ANET does the number behind name thing. And GW1 had recustomization, GW2 will have as well just maybe not at release.
    You have to get EotN in addition to a campaign to reserve a name I believe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Thanks, but the name I want is just a single word (and GW1 doesn't allow just one word names). Also, the number after name thing is only for forums and friend's list though right? Basically it acts like Blizzard's RealID. Normal character names don't have the random 4 digits and are just completely unique for the entire game, regardless of world/server?

Thanks, but the name I want is just a single word (and GW1 doesn't allow just one word names). Also, the number after name thing is only for forums and friend's list though right? Basically it acts like Blizzard's RealID. Normal character names don't have the random 4 digits and are just completely unique for the entire game, regardless of world/server?
    The 4 digit codes appears in game if another player has the same name as you
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

That's stupid... Who would think that's a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    That's stupid... Who would think that's a good idea?
    I think its for cross server jumping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wondering if it was possible in GW1
    https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...80&item_id=115
    https://secure.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/St...18&item_id=117

Deleted
    Yeah but that's only for account names I thought? Not character names.

As in if my character name was Bolly No one else would have that name in the entire game.

However if my account/forum name was Bolly Other people could have the same account name (though with a different random 4 digit ending) - which would only matter if looking in the Friend's/Guild list

Thanks Mif

Yeah but that's only for account names I thought? Not character names.
    Its not, straight from the email:

The four-digit code does not appear in the game itself unless another player chooses the same name, in which case both your name and the four-digit code will appear.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-04-16 at 08:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The four-digit code does not appear in the game itself unless another player chooses the same name, in which case both your name and the four-digit code will appear.
    I believe that's worded wrong, and is a mistake. Because I know for a fact that you name your character in the game, not when you make an account. Surely all my characters aren't going to be named Malthurius.4759.

Unless by "in game" they mean like a Battle Net system. When you group with players you DO group with the account, not the character.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted

Yes but the entire email seems to imply it's just the User ID name (not the character name):

This is a unique account identifier, consisting of a name and a randomly generated four-digit code. You'll use it during the Guild Wars 2 Beta Event, on the Beta Forums, and in Guild Wars 2 after launch. The name and four-digit code will be your handle on the Beta Forums. The four-digit code does not appear in the game itself unless another player chooses the same name, in which case both your name and the four-digit code will appear.

In my interpretation they are talking about the User ID name (as in the one we picked for the forums, after registration) not the character name.

I think it will work like this:
    Sam has a Mesmer called Derek (no one else can have a character called Derek)

Jill has a warrior called Fazer (no one else can have a character called Fazer)

Jill and Sam both have the name Sundae for their User ID. Therefore in Friend's lists and Guild lists they are listed as Sundae + their unique 4 digit code

Michael has the User ID: Aladdin. As no one else currently has the name Aladdin as a User ID. He appears just as Aladdin in Friend and Guild Lists

(In the actual forums, all three of them will always have their unique 4 digit code after their names).
    Last edited by mmoce5fee02e00; 2012-04-16 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I believe that's worded wrong, and is a mistake. Because I know for a fact that you name your character in the game, not when you make an account. Surely all my characters aren't going to be named Malthurius.4759
    Yes but it says the 4 digit code will appear, not your account name. So if you meet 2 malthurius in the game one will be malthurius 4759 and another one will be malthurius XXXX
    Yes but the entire email seems to imply it's just the User ID name (not the character name):
    It specifically states the 4 digit will not appear in the game unless...

Deleted
    I'm sorry but are we really discussing that the account name will be replacing character names?! After Anet goes on about how it's all our story? And why would that be anywhere replacing our character names? How does that even make sense in people's heads?! (It's not the first time I've heard it).
    I am convinced that what they mean by in game is in people's friends lists, as in Real ID, as in ACCOUNT name. That is at least the meaning I got from the whole email thing, and the only logical meaning you could get from it.

I'm sorry if I sound cranky, but it was a long Monday.

I'd imagine that refers to a battle.net style friends list, as guilds and friend list add you by account rather than by character
    It's easily possible to have multiple people in your guild with different character names but the same account name

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a character name, it's an account ID.
    There will not be characters running around called whatever.1234

Be right back, time to link my HOM to character Whatever.1234 Rarwington.

Deleted
    Hey guys i have a question. I pre-purchased and made an account. When I try to log in to beta forums it gives me this:" There was a horrible error! Try going back home?" is this normal? i'm really sorry if this has been answered before.

Deleted
    Yes, that's normal. The forums aren't working properly yet and there's no point in trying to access them unless you were to get into a stress test or something.