15+ Year Old Account
    Nevertheless, being a bonus or not, it was included in the purchase - as part of the merchandise.

An example: So you are telling me that it's somehow acceptable if you rent a hotel room and the key you get doesn't fit the hotel room lock and you never get inside the room for the duration you paid for it?

Another good example of what happened would be like this:

Say a new gym opened in your town. They advertise a weekend entry for the gym if you buy year card for the gym. So you buy it and when you are trying to get into the gym that weekend, your keycard doesn't work and you can't enter. The gym managers don't answer to your calls or anything, you don't get a refund or anything.
    The situation you described would be that you enter the gym that weekend and its crowded of people and you would have to wait for a long time to use any equipment there; that would be disappointing, but acceptable... as they couldn't accommodate all the customers there at the same time. That would be the case what should be expected in a beta, not the fact that you can't even enter it at all.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2012-04-29 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by suffeli View Post
    Nevertheless, being a bonus or not, it was included in the purchase - as part of the merchandise.

An example: So you are telling me that it's somehow acceptable if you rent a hotel room and the key you get doesn't fit the hotel room lock and you never get inside the room for the duration you paid for it?
    that's not a good example

In that case they would've paid for the beta alone, but they did not.

I am deeply annoyed by the fact that you can't just change character, you have to log out and in, especially when you can never be safe during it.

Perhaps if the hotel in question had told me that I may be allowed to check in early to the hotel depending on circumstances, but when I got there, I found out that the cleaning services hadn't yet cleaned the room, so it wasn't ready yet, and I'd just have to check in at the normal time, I'd understand not being able to go into the room yet.

That time to get into the room early? That's the beta event.

10+ Year Old Account

Did you even get in? Are you just complaining and trolling?

I ask this because of course, everyone wants to see this game. However, I say this because people will be spoiling themselves repeatedly. No one wants to see fucking complaining and flamestorm threads about how GW2 sucks and how it "failed" to meet their expectations. Same crap happens to every freaking MMO and I am tired of seeing it again and again. Especially for GW2 that is trying to actually be different in the MMO-RPG genre.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Did you even get in? Are you just complaining and trolling?

I ask this because of course, everyone wants to see this game. However, I say this because people will be spoiling themselves repeatedly. No one wants to see fucking complaining and flamestorm threads about how GW2 sucks and how it "failed" to meet their expectations. Same crap happens to every freaking MMO and I am tired of seeing it again and again. Especially for GW2 that is trying to actually be different in the MMO-RPG genre.
    No, I never got in. Pre-purchased and got an invite to the beta even before I pre-purchased.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Deleted

If would be acceptable if I had known when I paid for the room that there was a good chance the key might not fit. Seriously I don't know what people expect from a beta. And those people who didn't get in at all, even if they don't get any beta access whatsoever, will still get what they paid for and that's the release client. i would totally agree with all that's been said about these issues had this been the release weekend, but we don't even know how far away release is yet. The problems are frustating but not to expect them is just crazy thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I never got in. Pre-purchased and got an invite to the beta even before I pre-purchased.
    Then suck it up, try again every few minutes (10 min pref.) and hope you get in like I have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Then suck it up, try again every few minutes (10 min pref.) and hope you get in like I have.
    Suck it up? As a paying customer you think I should just suck it up? I have been trying to get in for the past 30 hours.
    The biggest problem here is that ANet didn't give an announcement like "We have issues getting people in. The most people will not probably get in during this beta. We are sorry for this and try to compensate for this unfortunate event"

Deleted
    Suck it up? As a paying customer you think I should just suck it up? I have been trying to get in for the past 30 hours.
    The biggest problem here is that ANet didn't give an announcement like "We have issues getting people in. The most people will not probably get in during this beta. We are sorry for this and try to compensate for this unfortunate event"
    At this time, I can log in and out as I please. If You haven't been able to log in, in over 30 hours I suspect something is wrong on your end rather than theirs. Also you pre - purchased the game, as a little reward for doing so Anet have invited you to the beta events, its not a right that you get to participate.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're not a paying customer yet. You pre-ordered, but the game isn't out, so you don't own ANYTHING.

Beta = Beta

There will be issues...
    "Yeah man, I'll help you with whate- Oh, you have a spider problem? Yeah.... Fuck that."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatsamurai View Post
    You're not a paying customer yet. You pre-ordered, but the game isn't out, so you don't own ANYTHING.

Beta = Beta

There will be issues...
    If you pre paid, you're a paying customer. You don't pay for the beta though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatsamurai View Post

Beta = Beta

There will be issues...
    Yes I am. I pre-PURCHASED. I have paid for the full game already, just like the hundreds of thousands of others aswell. And being able to play in the beta is part of the pre-purchase-packet. 3 day early access, beta access and full game access is included in the pre-purchase. So yes, I paid for the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am. I pre-PURCHASED. I have paid for the full game already, just like the hundreds of thousands of others aswell. And being able to play in the beta is part of the pre-purchase-packet. 3 day early access, beta access and full game access is included in the pre-purchase. So yes, I paid for the beta.
    No, you paid for the game. They gave beta access as an incentive.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Purchase Your Copy Today for Exclusive Bonuses and Beta Access

All Pre-Purchase editions include these exclusive bonuses:

Access to all Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekend Events
    Three days of Headstart Access
    Hero’s Band

Yeah right?

And this is from their Pre-Purchase FAQ:
    What is Pre-Purchase?

Customers who pre-purchase the game pay for the game in full and will enjoy guaranteed access to our Beta Weekend Events, three-day Headstart Access to the final game, and the Hero's Band digital item designed to enhance your gameplay experience.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2012-04-29 at 01:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    No, you paid for the game. They gave beta access as an incentive.
    ^this

The beta is still beta. You paid for the full game, but it's not out yet, so to keep customers happy, they also allow you to help them beta test the game in it's final stages and help them make it as good as you hope it will be. If it's not perfect yet?
    Keep beta testing, and help make it perfect.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    if someone only pre-purchased to be in the beta than that means he paid for the beta

but I don't think someone seriously spent 60 bucks only for the beta and leave the rest aside

Hero’s Band

Yeah right?
    You have access. What kind of problem do you have right now? It's splendid for me right now (but it is 3AM here.)

Hero’s Band

Yeah right?
    Beta is a beta and we should understand that these things are, by definition, potentially buggy. You may not be able to have a playable experience in a beta, because that's how things go.

Now, if we were at the three-day headstart, THAT might be something worth all of this whining over, but we aren't. If the three-day headstart arrived and half the people were screwed out of their head start, that could honestly worth being upset over, but this most certainly is not.

That said, I've been able to log on fine for the entire event with few to no issues, aside from the servers exploding for everybody earlier today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You have access. What kind of problem do you have right now? It's splendid for me right now (but it is 3AM here.)
    What kind of problem? The problem thousands of people are having: we can't even login. Not even a single time. Error code (9:4:5:1093:101)