10+ Year Old Account
    This may be a stupid question but I can't find any info anywhere. Which zones exactly are available in this beta? Are the lvl 15-25 zones (i.e Snowden hills, Kessex hills, Diessa plateu) the max level zones? Also, are any dungeons available and if so, where are they located?

Quote Originally Posted by Shakadam View Post
    This may be a stupid question but I can't find any info anywhere. Which zones exactly are available in this beta? Are the lvl 15-25 zones (i.e Snowden hills, Kessex hills, Diessa plateu) the max level zones? Also, are any dungeons available and if so, where are they located?
    There is one dungeon you can do, but you have to be level 30. Ascalon Catacombs.

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 04:08 PM ----------

I get a network error when I try to transfer server, called 1047. Is that normal?
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-04-29 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duncano View Post
    How do I enter WvW, guys?

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 11:12 AM ----------

Oh and I also have a question... any ideas how to get to that point of interest?

That looks like the Queen's throne room. You go in through a door that's near the Seraph's HQ, I believe.

Actually, if you go to that waypoint and just head directly north, you should see it.

The fact there is no instant-cast abilities baffles me (yes everything is on cast). Add to that the loss of control of your character while it performs certain abilities. It is sluggish.
    And the weapon switching cant really be used to perform skilled actions and fast combos, you cant really use any complementarity of two weapon sets; I fell it is more here to justify that you can go both melee and range so there is no need for the devs to balance in that regard. In short: gameplay is wrong.
    So...devs were not able to get it by themselves, I have no faith it will change, too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    The fact there is no instant-cast abilities baffles me (yes everything is on cast). Add to that the loss of control of your character while it performs certain abilities. It is sluggish.
    And the weapon switching cant really be used to perform skilled actions and fast combos, you cant really use any complementarity of two weapon sets; I fell it is more here to justify that you can go both melee and range so there is no need for the devs to balance in that regard. In short: gameplay is wrong.
    So...devs were not able to get it by themselves, I have no faith it will change, too bad.

.....What?

---------- Post added 2012-04-29 at 05:15 PM ----------

Can a group team up to 5v5 PvP?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still annoyed that I can't cancel my attack by pushing ESC. :<
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    And the weapon switching cant really be used to perform skilled actions and fast combos, you cant really use any complementarity of two weapon sets; I fell it is more here to justify that you can go both melee and range
    Maybe you can't figure out how to combine two weaponsets but it's rather apparent. Same with previous example.
    My hammer war, ran around with his rifle to get vulnerability up before I use bull's charge and unleash. If I'm now in a position where I need to retreat, I'll switch to my rifle again and use rifle butt to get some distance.

I can keep giving examples for thief and ranger aswell.
    The problem is probably on your side, it looks like you haven't figured out what weapons actually work together.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Maybe you can't figure out how to combine two weaponsets but it's rather apparent. Same with previous example.
    My hammer war, ran around with his rifle to get vulnerability up before I use bull's charge and unleash. If I'm now in a position where I need to retreat, I'll switch to my rifle again and use rifle butt to get some distance.

I can keep giving examples for thief and ranger aswell.
    The problem is probably on your side, it looks like you haven't figured out what weapons actually work together.
    i did not explain myself properly. The combos are apparent and are not very difficult to get either, but the cooldown does not allow to play around this 99% of the time, there is no "instant skill 2, swap, instant skill 4, swap, skill 3, etc. Everything is on cast, you lose control of your character with a lot abilities (stuck while casting, stuck before some charge load etc), which is killing the pacing and is totally inacceptable. This is very much a reminicence of korean mmos like aion etc (abilities makes you face your target, stuck while doing some attacks etc). This is very wrong imo.
    Last edited by braxx; 2012-04-29 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Dodging seems to cancel attacks on my warrior. Not sure if you know that already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Agreed, I've pressed esc during combat so many times only to be distracted by the menu.

After playing the elementalist, and thinking about necromancer and mesmer, then I believe the light armor classes are no-goes for me. Not really a fan of stealthy thieves or guardians either, so ranger, warrior, and probably engineer, is what I'm currently about.

For people that want tutorials, go to the mists and do the heart quests. Towards the back of the second map theres this area that has dummies for each class. You can learn how to dodge, use your skills and much more.

Hope someone records the beta ending event.

I won't be able to experience it myself, since the beta ends at like 7 am in the morning for EU, and at that time, I'm gonna be asleep D:

Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Hope someone records the beta ending event.

I won't be able to experience it myself, since the beta ends at like 7 am in the morning for EU, and at that time, I'm gonna be asleep D:
    "Beta Ending Event"..?

Also, it ends 9 AM. When I'm in school. Q Q

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    "Beta Ending Event"..?
    "Beta Weekend Event finale event tonight!
    Join us in the Wayfarer Foothills in the norn lands for a special Beta Weekend Event finale, tonight at 11:00 p.m. PDT."

From the forums, posted about an hour ago.

Join us in the Wayfarer Foothills in the norn lands for a special Beta Weekend Event finale, tonight at 11:00 p.m. PDT."

For US time? Grumble.

2 am est....

cmon anet....
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

If they ended it any earlier, people would be up in arms. :P See a few pages ago about error 9

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    If they ended it any earlier, people would be up in arms. :P See a few pages ago about error 9
    They could start the event earlier?
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Im almost lv.26 and having so much trouble scrapping exp from here lol