Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Read the underlined and bolded quote.
    That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    I consider WvWvW World PVP, cause thats what its called, And the zones are going to be VERY large.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 12:14 PM ----------

OT(I think): How does this build look?

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=36c88c5

Didn't do traits or anything i know, just looking for a good skill setup right now.
    Isn't it about your own playstyle? If you like it, its awesome. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Can someone who's had a chance to play the demo comment on the controls?
    I was not a fan of GW1, mostly due to the controls like left mouse click to move to position and the general feel of movement and even combat to an extent.

Did they overhaul this for GW2, or is it similar in that regard?
    In GW you can turn off click to move in the options. I understand your feeling about the movement though, a lot of that had to do with the invisible walls that were prevalent in the world as well.

From all first hand accounts of people who have played the demo, the controls have felt very responsive. And since movement is such a big deal in the combat I imagine it was made as a focus point for the developers to get it right.

i got to play alot of guild wars 2 at pax east and west the movement controls are very fluid but it takes some time to get used to moving out of the way of spells and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Isn't it about your own playstyle? If you like it, its awesome. End of story.
    Yes! that is true, my norn female warrior is gonna be a BEAST.(literally)

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to hear. I know you can change controls around, but I always judge a game by it's default settings before I begin tinkering. And yeah, invisible walls blew. Lol

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...switch=35d4685

I like to think of this as the anti-caster. Mending and Tactical Strike to keep yourself in range while you build adrenaline. Once you're maxed out, Throw Bolas to snare them, use For Great Justice!, smack em with a 5 second stun with Skull Crack, use Signet of Might, and fire off a fully charged Obliterate with Signet of Might's double damage buff.

I don't doubt Anet's strong balancing powers, but I'll always find a way....

Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post

I like to think of this as the anti-caster. Mending and Tactical Strike to keep yourself in range while you build adrenaline. Once you're maxed out, Throw Bolas to snare them, use For Great Justice!, smack em with a 5 second stun with Skull Crack, use Signet of Might, and fire off a fully charged Obliterate with Signet of Might's double damage buff.

I don't doubt Anet's strong balancing powers, but I'll always find a way....
    There's a guardian combination i got earlier i dont remember what the setup was, but it was very anti caster.

There's a guardian combination i got earlier i dont remember what the setup was, but it was very anti caster.
    Nice, I've also been working on a pistol/pistol theif build to specialize in kiting, got most of the selectable skills down, but still deciding whether to have Assassin Signet, or Needle trap.

Here's what it looks like so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Good to hear. I know you can change controls around, but I always judge a game by it's default settings before I begin tinkering. And yeah, invisible walls blew. Lol
    Yeah, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Nice, I've also been working on a pistol/pistol theif build to specialize in kiting, got most of the selectable skills down, but still deciding whether to have Assassin Signet, or Needle trap.

Here's what it looks like so far.

could be good for kiting too.

Looks like something happened with your link, looks the exact same as mine.

Looks like something happened with your link, looks the exact same as mine.
    Weird it did, i just took off your stealth and other ability and put all the immobilizing stuff

Weird it did, i just took off your stealth and other ability and put all the immobilizing stuff
    Ah, that could work as well. I chose stealth because it's like having a vanish, if the enemy gets too close, and you're short on gap openers, stealth, run far away, continue shooting. As for Roll for Initiative, it seemed pretty useful, since it's a gap opener, and grants some initiative, which can be used for even more kiting!

The immobilizing would definitely be better for kiting multiple enemies though, sucks no beta to test this out

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats because you have to copy the link below Selectable Skills.

why you have ambassador on your sig?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because he's a unique snowflake.

Honestly anyone of you guys having already picked races/professions seem a bit silly to me.
    I can't decide on my profession Charr warrior vs Human Theif

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i will play every class but definitely not gonna play Norn/asura

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    why you have ambassador on your sig?
    He thinks he's some kind of GW2 guru?

I don't think it's silly to pick races or proffesions in advance. There's more than enough info on each (barring the last proffesion) for people to start thinking about what suits them best.

Picking skills and traits on the other hand may be a bit premature since we've only seen what was implemented in demos and I'd imagine they are subject to change as the development process continues. Still, It's kinda cool to theorise and get a bit excited about everything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Because he's a unique snowflake.

Honestly anyone of you guys having already picked races/professions seem a bit silly to me.
    I already have everything set up. Though I like to plan my stuff waaaaayyy before anything happens.
    I just can't help it.