Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I really hope they remove the pause from the start of jump shot

Edit: Oh, you mean rocket boots
    I could also jump shot, though that was a bit more clunky; I'd have to strafe first so whatever I was kiting was in my FoV, start the shot, get running, then jump and turn. It wasn't too awkward, because I'm used to doing the same thing to jump-shot Cobra Shots in WoW, but it was much tougher in GW2 with the camera zoomed so much farther in, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You probably do 80-90% of the DEs in the zone just by leveling through it with hearts, but once you out level the zone I feel like there's a pretty good chance that you'll never see the ones you missed.
    In my experience I would say that number is a little high. I did the human starting zone twice and there were many DEs that my second character did that my first never saw, and a couple a friend of mine did that I didn't see on either.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I also hope they up mob xp too....from what ppl said it makes it harder to level...
    But hey....beta. All this will be balanced I'm sure to exactly what they know works best.
    Just for an example I did nothing but grind and get all my weapons maxed out on my Elementalist. It took me maybe 2 hours at level 4 (that's when air was unlocked, I don't know when earth gets unlocked as I quit right after) and I probably only got about 1/5 of a level. I don't know how it is at end game but for the low levels grinding is pretty useless for XP.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Yea. It's kind of grind game, Banes.
    It's actually the complete opposite. If you were to grind mobs it would take ages to get to max level. ANet wants you to explore and do DEs, not sit in one area and kill mobs over and over.

Quick wiki on the term http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grindin...ideo_gaming%29

Nah, it's mostly grinding the same types of things over & over. Kill the dredge in the cave, kill the ice wurms in the cave, kill the Sons of Sasdfghhj in the cave, oh no centaurs are in that cave...

Is what it is.

Deleted
    I think it's kinda hard to design an mmo where you don't kill stuff. It's how it works. At least ArenaNet makes it fresh and exciting enough, so it doesn't get tedious.

Deleted
    dont see the grind

you have to play complete game not only events and its more exp than you need^^
    you get exp for exploring the cities - a lot
    you get exp from crafting - a lot (not working in beta)
    you get exp from WvWvW + glory and karma to buy items

just do everything and there is no need to grind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    dont see the grind

you have to play complete game not only events and its more exp than you need^^
    you get exp for exploring the cities - a lot
    you get exp from crafting - a lot (not working in beta)
    you get exp from WvWvW + glory and karma to buy items

just do everything and there is no need to grind
    You don't get experience for crafting; your trade skill gets experience which levels up the trade. Your personal character does not get that xp.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    You don't get experience for crafting; your trade skill gets experience which levels up the trade. Your personal character does not get that xp.
    But you do get XP from the achievements you get from crafting, at least, however!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    You do get XP for crafting. However, some people on the official forums said they weren't, so it may be bugged in some circumstances.

Personally I gained over half a level by crafting a stack of 50 cookies. This was likely due to two reasons:
    1) You gain a higher chance to crit XP skills gains if you craft multiple items, so this may apply to leveling XP gains too.
    2) The cookies level 150, which was the same as my skill level, so they were worth a decent amount of XP.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-05-01 at 08:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You do get XP for crafting. However, some people on the official forums said they weren't, so it may be bugged in some circumstances.

Personally I gained over half a level by crafting a stack of 50 cookies. This was likely due to two reasons:
    1) You gain a higher chance to crit XP skills gains if you craft multiple items, so this may apply to leveling XP gains too.
    2) The were cookies level 150, which was the same as my skill level, so they were worth a decent amount of XP.
    You inherently get a bonus in experience for crafting cookies though, seeing as you practically are one.

With the xp from mobs being so low I found myself running big circles around them because there was no reason to kill them. Sure they might drop so uber piece of loot but it felt like a waste of time I could be doing DEs. I usually don't have that problem in MMOs until max level, so I hope they either increase the xp from mobs or decrease the xp from DEs to put them more in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So Peters basically said what I said in a few threads; keep moving, use terrain, build smart, keep the camera in constant motion. Sick of these Anet guys stealing my tips. Pfft.
    In my opinion the issue isn't that you need to do those things as melee, it's that you don't need to do them as ranged.

Deleted
    Crafting experience

Each item crafted gives a certain amount of crafting experience; this experience applies to any of the character's currently active disciplines that could use that item. For example, a basal mace haft only gives experience to the weaponsmith track, while making cured leather hide will level both huntsman and weaponsmith. 500 experience is equal to one skill point.

In addition to the experience received, there are some special cases that award bonus experience; this bonus experience is a percentage of the base experience.

Discovering a recipe — 100-150% bonus
    Crafting multiple items in a stack — 15-50% bonus
    gw2 wiki - so ye you get exp from crafting

GW2 wiki seems pretty outdated. I read that same thing, but I tested whether refining leather with one profession would level another that can refine the same leather, and it did not. And yes, I had the right professions at the time.

Just got reminded when I looked through YouTube, did Alexrediculous die or something?

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    That's actually pretty awesome for people like me who sell valuable shit by accident.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted

A pretty awesome PVP Guild Wars video!

10+ Year Old Account
    So, What about the technical side? I've heard that GW2 isn't optimized yet (I really hope it isn't). I ran the game horribly in most out door situations, if there was more than 10 people on my screen I would drop down to 4-5 fps. Out by myself I was pulling 50-60 no problem, so it kind of ruined WvW for me.
    What are the minimum system requirements for Guild Wars 2?

Our goal with Guild Wars 2 is to have it run on a wide range of Windows gaming PCs.

Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or better • Intel® Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon 64 X2, or better • 2 GB RAM • NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI X1800, Intel HD 3000, or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) • 25 GB available HDD space • Broadband Internet connection • Keyboard and mouse

Note: Due to potential changes, system requirements may change over time and you may be required to upgrade your current system (or obtain a new system) to continue to play the game.
    My rig:
    AMD FX-Series FX-4100(3.6GHz)
    8GB DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

So how well did you guys run beta?
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.

Deleted
    Yeah same everything was fine for me apart from WvWvW when you had all 3 times fighting at once on my screen now that was some serious FPS going down to like 3-4-5. Were as normal pvp and just running around on my own I was at around 60. Hope things are sorted out otherwise ill be a very sad panda.

I just posted a video of epic group events in gw2 on my guild forums.

Im also going to post HD gameplay of WvWvW soon, but damn the video is 1.5 hours long have to upload it in 3 parts.
    I didnt have any big fps issues in these fights, even tho they included over 20 players. But almost 1.5 hours of constant battle in there is pretty damn long.