Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    For every close-minded person trashing this topic, I plan to buy another copy of the CE.

No lie, I plan to buy a few copies of the collector's edition. I think this is going to be one of those games where the CE will be worth something down the line. If not, worse-comes-to-worse, I break even. :P

Note: Yes, people buy collectors editions on eBay for more than they originally retailed for. Don't even start.
    never bought a CE for any game, even WoW but i will get it for GW2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanyKong View Post
    Note: Yes, people buy collectors editions on eBay for more than they originally retailed for. Don't even start.
    I actually got my Wrath CE for less than retail on ebay about 6 months after launch.

Anyway, I'm undecided on if I'll get a CE of GW2, it really depends on what's included. Art books and game soundtracks don't really do it for me since I'm usually treated to all that in the game or through press. Now if it came with the related novel or a statuette....
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2011-05-02 at 09:08 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know what GW2 will be doing with servers? Right now for some reason I'm thinking you can switch between servers any time you want for free is that correct?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziga View Post
    Does anyone know what GW2 will be doing with servers? Right now for some reason I'm thinking you can switch between servers any time you want for free is that correct?
    You can change server for free when you please, since they are using the golbal server system again, although there will be a cooldown on the service because of the WvWvW. Since they want server communitys, so they don't want you changing every week also.

Speaking of servers, are there likely to be any sited in Australasia? With the combat system featuring physical dodging and no auto-attack, I'm concerned that my usual ~300ms latency is going to be a major disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I actually got my Wrath CE for less than retail on ebay about 6 months after launch.
    Yep, and there are plenty of people buying Cata CE's right now for $50-60. The sellers are being impatient. There's a WotLK CE on eBay up right now with 10 bids at $125 and it still has 6 days left on the auction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    You can change server for free when you please, since they are using the golbal server system again, although there will be a cooldown on the service because of the WvWvW. Since they want server communitys, so they don't want you changing every week also.
    This mainly, there's a similar thing in Guild Wars right now where you can only change your region like twice every six month (So that you don't abuse the HoH things), but I'm sure it will be like a once a month thing or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Actually in the current GW you can change as you please, the restriction was lifted a long time ago.
    No shit? Well I'll be...

I don't really play too much right now because for some reason it takes me ten minutes to get passed the login screen...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Speaking of servers, are there likely to be any sited in Australasia? With the combat system featuring physical dodging and no auto-attack, I'm concerned that my usual ~300ms latency is going to be a major disadvantage.

same qquestion?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Has this video been posted on here yet? I couldn't spot it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhFylw4LYjQ

It's just fan made, taking Anet's footage and setting it to really awesome music, but it's very well done and sent shivers down my spine. Release already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Yes, i tried to post this link earlier, but I cant really post links yet, so it's nice that it comes up again. I'm totally in love with that video! Loved the music so much that I actually bought all the music from that composer. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Khan View Post
    Yes, i tried to post this link earlier, but I cant really post links yet, so it's nice that it comes up again. I'm totally in love with that video! Loved the music so much that I actually bought all the music from that composer. :P
    It's been my raid music for some time now

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that video is great. Too bad it is too long for the contest or it would win for sure, if they added some voice or text why the game is worth playing.

Damn, just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs and this game is going to be AMAZING, it has everything I'm looking for in an mmo and more!

that new vid just makes it harder for me to choose races for my class, probably will be all Char except the human guardian.

For some reason I really love the Asura! Considering my tank roots I will most likely roll an Asura Guardian if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    For some reason I really love the Asura! Considering my tank roots I will most likely roll an Asura Guardian if I can.
    also, just to be clear, although the guardian as a lot of utility skills and defensive abilities for the group, there is no trinity in this game so yeah, just thought i would make sure that fact is known

Ah yep that is one of the reasons why I love Guild Wars 2!

I always preferred the more defensive and more utility based classes and with the classes revealed so far the Guardian seems to be the obvious choice, just waiting on the last two classes

Quote Originally Posted by Anthoren View Post
    also, just to be clear, although the guardian as a lot of utility skills and defensive abilities for the group, there is no trinity in this game so yeah, just thought i would make sure that fact is known
    Still, the Guardian does have a lot of control and support skills. A tank really is just someone who directs and controls the battlefield, albeit in most games its by use of threat mechanics such as taunt. The Guardian will have skills to help control the battlefield but perhaps in a different style. I think anyone who enjoys the tanking aspect of an mmo will probably gravitate to the Guardian (in addition to old GW Monks, in which the Guardian has a lot of old monk skills).

Quote Originally Posted by Zoeii View Post
    The amount of actual gameplay is laughable comparing to prerendered CGI scenes. Makes one think why company is so reluctant to actually present their product. Possibly it's related to lack of monthly fee?

P.S. Also, the frame which shew characters wearing $$-store outfits (without comment) was great.