New Dev Blog just posted!! Extensive info on how the new Lion's Arch was designed, including new concept art and a map of the city.

http://www.arena.net/blog/lions-arch...rt-of-the-city

If you have a group of players participating in an event and they are a bit higher in level than the event calls for, they will find it easier than a similarly sized group of lower level players.
    See? They still can kill things more effective then honest players.

Also what will prevent large number of players present but not participating in event, scaling it do non-soloable proportions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post

Also what will prevent large number of players present but not participating in event, scaling it do non-soloable proportions?
    They will be a bit stronger than the low level players, but they won't be able to zerg the events like you suggest.

Events only scale with the players actively participating, if you shoot 1 arrow then go afk, the event won't include you and won't scale up.

This is all well known info.

Dungeons from level 30 is terrible idea. How the people will learn to play in team?
    You don't have to play in a team, there will be plenty of people around you in the open world.

Deleted

Go watch the PAX pannel video, it answers all your questions.

The DE's constantly check who is actively participating in an event, if people come hit a mob 1 once then dissappear, it will of scaled p to include them but once they leave it will scale back down.

The system that lowers or rasies your level, puts you down to within 2 or 3 levels of the content, therefor not amking it easy for you, you will get a challenege from it. It would be like a level 30 in WoW killing level 27 mobs, they're easy but still enough to cause some challenege(Talking vanilla WoW.)

Please stop responding to him, just report him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Lions Arch blog and video just posted today.

http://www.arena.net/blog/video-city-of-lions-arch
    the humans walk like they shat their pants wtf lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    It's only alpha footage, they are aware of it, and will fix it for release no doubt.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm in love <3! I can't wait! between this and SWTOR I quit
    "ll lll lllll ll lll lllll llll" Thats Bar code for "Moo."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digitali View Post
    Maybe they did? Due to the epicness of Lion's Arch. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    And, at the risk of repeating myself, remember the personal story This is your own, individual story, and does appear to have quests. So if you don't fancy helping fight off a load of centaurs, you can go develop your character in some way.

In the end, if you hate dynamic events, GW2 is probably not for you. Just like if you hate quests, WoW is gonna be pretty miserable. I would say the strength of GW2 is that it really does offer a big range of stuff to do, that can be done in a group or solo, at any level. But in the end, of course there will be people for whom GW2 is not the right game :-)
    Don't get me wrong, the sound of a personal story is a great addition to the game. Having a single-player story line with the game itself actually being an MMO will really help with the enjoyment of leveling.

I apologize if I sound a little pessimistic in my posts here, I do wish the best for GW2, especially since I will be buying it. Dynamic events do sound great, but the way they work has me a little concerned.

Say for example, a group of monsters attacks a town, and there starts a new Dynamic event. Half the players want to push back the monsters and save the town, the other half wants the monsters to take over the town, what happens then?

We'll have to wait and see Underskilled. However, since there is no ffa pvp then how will the half of the people that want the monsters to take over the town prevent the others from saving it? Remember, the event scales on participation and just sitting there doesn't count as participation.

I would assume that you can't aid the monsters, so anybody wanting the town to be destroyed would lose out. But I can't quite see why you would? Given that you will get rewards for fighting off the monsters, not to mention the benefit of still being able to use the town.

And I don't think you need to apologise Questions and doubts are always going to be there until we can play the game . . . you're asking reasonable questions (unlike some in this thread )
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    Say for example, a group of monsters attacks a town, and there starts a new Dynamic event. Half the players want to push back the monsters and save the town, the other half wants the monsters to take over the town, what happens then?
    Then the monsters don't take over the town. The event scales with participation, both in active players and number. There may be 20 people in the group, but only 10 of them are fighting, so the event is tuned for 10 people. There is no "help the enemy" sort of system, there's no "Allies" and "Axis" dual faction setup. Enemies are agents of general destruction, and so you should never have any desire for them to be victorious. If you're looking for the ability to simply hamper other player's efforts, I don't think GW2 is the game for you.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    There are several servers, right?

I'm just wondering, with these dynamic events kicking off, could there be several different servers?

That would be awesome. Just transfer to other server and see what could've happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapho View Post
    I would assume that you can't aid the monsters, so anybody wanting the town to be destroyed would lose out. But I can't quite see why you would? Given that you will get rewards for fighting off the monsters, not to mention the benefit of still being able to use the town.
    The experience, my good man. After saving so many towns, I personally wouldn't mind seeing what happens if the monsters actually DID take over the town, just to experience the fight to reclaim it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    The experience, my good man. After saving so many towns, I personally wouldn't mind seeing what happens if the monsters actually DID take over the town, just to experience the fight to reclaim it.
    DW, the DE's also happen when noone's there so you'll see enough towns in the enemy's hands

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    There are several servers, right?

I'm just wondering, with these dynamic events kicking off, could there be several different servers?

That would be awesome. Just transfer to other server and see what could've happened.
    There will be enough servers to house everyone hopefully at launch, I think they will use open beta to get a number on how many servers they will need. Although they said server transfer is free, but it will have a cooldown on it, to stop WvWvW griefing kind of I guess, so you can't just transfer in the of a campain each time another server starts winning.

They are still working on server transfers. It could be that you have a home server and you can visit any other server to play with your friends or whatever with no cooldown. But you would only be able to participate in your home server side for the WvW battles. Then perhaps a month cooldown for a home server transfer. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    There will be enough servers to house everyone hopefully at launch, I think they will use open beta to get a number on how many servers they will need. Although they said server transfer is free, but it will have a cooldown on it, to stop WvWvW griefing kind of I guess, so you can't just transfer in the of a campain each time another server starts winning.
    they're really learning from wow , aint they?