10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    It will work exactly like Oblivion, aside from the calculating how much ingame time has passed because in a MMO, that would just be silly.
    I suppose, though it would be kind of cool to have an MMO actually have time in it.

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, I'd be satisfied with an early game quest to obtain said "Magic Map." Or a ring of teleportation, or any of those. I'm just not a fan of blithe in game assumptions about gameplay. I feel the same way about introducing skills. I felt that WoW was terrible at introducing skills, while GW1 (Pre-Searing) was great. You "bought" skills, and couldn't have everything at once, forced to make legitimate choices, and very early on, you sometimes had to go to specific people to teach you to do things, and do quests related to earning that skill.

For me, the hearthstone, the portal, or a stated magic map is enough immersion to accept teleportation, but that's just me.
    I can agree with that, though quests for skills and trainers for them should be within your logical leveling progression. Of course this really only applies if you're starting in a "town" that has fewer resources and trainers than a larger settlement otherwise would. If you're starting out in the equivalent of Stormwind, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to find the best trainer right away.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Khan View Post
    Edit: Only ingame $$$ though. But they've mentioned that it's a nice way to drain the economy a bit.
    It's not really though ya know? It's like a hearthstone. Is anyone going to argue that a hearthstone drains the economy? What if it was 100g? Would that do better? Not really, it's still a one-time expenditure that is either going to be cost-ineffective for most players to have, in which case it's implementation is questionable, or it's going to be so cheap as to have no effect.

If they want to drain the economy then they need to see an item or service that players will demand on a regular basis, such as armor dyeing or customization.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not when only prophecies was around, back then most people did them - obviously people didn't bother if they already just got them from other campaigns.
    Yeah, when I started out I was just a dumb kid that didn't like going outside of towns if I didn't have to. Or if it didn't involve Fast Faction Farming.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    How is this "map-porting" explained lorewise btw? Never played Guild Wars 1 honestly.
    They don't explain. Just like they don't have any lore for login/logout or lore why your character can change gear in one click from mouse. It's just for your convenience.

You still need to explore and travel to these outposts yourself first time before you can go back there with map travel and you don't just start new char that have all outposts discovered, but instead you explore these while you level. In my opinion its lot better than flying mounts as flying mounts allows you to fly over dangerous areas in zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KiLLi4N View Post
    That was a nice piece. His misspelling of shared broke the immersion for me though

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much really new information, but still a good affirmation of what people are looking forward to.

Just, be kind.

Anyone have what race they'll be playing picked out? Norn for me.

thanks for the link, nothing new in that interview but always nice to get the word out

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Norn or Human, once they reaval the racial abilitys and finalize everything, I'll pick one.

Unless the Sylvari redesign is really awesome ofcourse.
    Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2011-05-18 at 07:09 PM.

All of them. But I will start out as Charr.

Sylvari for me.

Human or Sylvari, depending on the redesigned version.

Oh and an Asura alt for sure!

my main will probably be a charr, but i seriously hate those little gremlin-freaks (forgot the name)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post

I always thought you'd say Charr due to the avatar, but it was all just a master plan of misconception.

No Charr? Shocks me considering the avatar. :P

No Charr? Shocks me considering the avatar. :P
    Already played a Charr at GamesCom.

But I'll probably end up with a Charr alt as well, there'll probably be enough character slots anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Human Ranger....

Charr, Norn, Asura, Sylvarri everything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Already played a Charr at GamesCom.

But I'll probably end up with a Charr alt as well, there'll probably be enough character slots anyway.
    Lucky! I'm horribly jealous. D:

Deleted
    Lucky! I'm horribly jealous. D:
    You aren't the only one.