10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suttie View Post
    Yeah shipping would probably cost me an arm and a leg. I'll just get them from steam. Would you recommend spending the extra $10 and getting the trilogy pack or just get the original game on its own?
    Get the trilogy pack, and then buy EotN off the Guild Wars store cause its on sale this week.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    in GW2 everyone works together and there's cross class combo's.
    Not in the sense of GW1 though, its more like, a number of profession skills and abilities interact with each other. As mentioned before, Dual Proffing isn't being reimplemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Get the trilogy pack, and then buy EotN off the Guild Wars store cause its on sale this week.
    Awesome, $20 cheaper than the steam version, thanks.

Not in the sense of GW1 though, its more like, a number of profession skills and abilities interact with each other. As mentioned before, Dual Proffing isn't being reimplemented.
    I never played GW1 til now for HoN, but i think its good that they arent doing that again, like i watched a video and its gonna be way easier for them to balance, before they had to balance over 100 different possibilities.

Deleted
    I never played GW1 til now for HoN, but i think its good that they arent doing that again, like i watched a video and its gonna be way easier for them to balance, before they had to balance over 100 different possibilities.
    It's going to be alot harder to balance actually. Theres many more options for GW2 compared to GW1.

Team synergy has absolutely nothing to do with secondary professions, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It's going to be alot harder to balance actually. Theres many more options for GW2 compared to GW1.
    We will see. i have faith they will do a fine job balancing, should be easy since they are keeping PVP and PVE seperate.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Armond View Post
    Team synergy has absolutely nothing to do with secondary professions, though.
    Yes you are correct.

Deleted
    We will see. i have faith they will do a fine job balancing, should be easy since they are keeping PVP and PVE seperate.
    They did that in GW1, and it still proved difficult. Your jumping the gun alittle bit too much.

They did that in GW1, and it still proved difficult. Your jumping the gun alittle bit too much.
    And you have too much doubt.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-29 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    And you have too much doubt.
    Well no, I'm just been realistic. Although if you want to insist I'm been doubtful. It's better to doubt then be amazed than to over excited and disappointed.

You did say you hadn't played GW1, so you can't really compare balance between the two. GW2 may not be out yet, but we know the amount of possiblities compared to GW1 dual professions is an immese amount. With over 87000 possible ability combonations per a profession, it's going to be difficult.

Well no, I'm just been realistic. Although if you want to insist I'm been doubtful. It's better to doubt then be amazed than to over excited and disappointed.

You did say you hadn't played GW1, so you can't really compare balance between the two. GW2 may not be out yet, but we know the amount of possiblities compared to GW1 dual professions is an immese amount. With over 87000 possible ability combonations per a profession, it's going to be difficult.

Meh ill be fine with whatever.

Less, but there will be more viable options.

I guess it could be a little challenging to balance because every different weapon combination you equip gives you a set of abilities, so every class has way more than 3 specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for this game to come out..... SOMEONE HELP ME im gonna go insane if this game doesn't come out within a week Q_Q.

Deleted
    Are there factions in the game? As in, Horde vs Alliance type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardblack View Post
    Well, lore-wise yes. The humans are defending themselves from the charr, the charr want to take over more land, the asura want to control everyone, but there's a truce, so no there's no seperate factions. But that doesn't stop PVP.

Forgive me if this was discussed earlier but 100 pages is too many for me to read. What are the thoughts on the last unannounced class? I heard on some GW2 forums people were mentioning mesmer, but I have no experience with the GW franchise so can anyone explain what that is?

I played EQ1 for years and we had a class called an Enchanter that would 'mesmerize' -- is it something like that?

No

/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Goronpower View Post
    I can't wait for this game to come out..... SOMEONE HELP ME im gonna go insane if this game doesn't come out within a week Q_Q.
    Play guild wars 1 and work on HoN D:

Deleted
    No, every race has banded together now to defeat the evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Klog View Post
    Forgive me if this was discussed earlier but 100 pages is too many for me to read. What are the thoughts on the last unannounced class? I heard on some GW2 forums people were mentioning mesmer, but I have no experience with the GW franchise so can anyone explain what that is?

I played EQ1 for years and we had a class called an Enchanter that would 'mesmerize' -- is it something like that?
    Definitely a Mesmer. I'll copy/past the GW wiki description for you.

Mesmers are masters of illusion and control, subverting the enemy’s Energy for their own use, and that of their allies. Combined with any other profession, their skills provide excellent support, turning enemies’ powers against them and changing the very fabric of reality to hinder foes and help allies. Mesmers have the ability to cast spells quickly, which can make all the difference in the heat of battle. Their powers of domination allow them to take control of enemy skills and Energy. Their unique illusionary talents can slow or even halt enemy movement and skill casting, or cause imaginary illnesses that drain Health and Energy from foes while healing and energizing allies. While Mesmers are not known for brute strength, their ability to confuse, distract, and drain the enemy’s resources more than compensates.