10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    Hi all! Just finnished reading all 112 pages and decided to register after lurking on the forums for like 2 years :P
    I wonder how many ppl just read what we write and dont even have an account o.O

Hey you! yes you! go make an account now!

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    They said the racials will be lesser than profession based abilities, so they wont be game breaking or anything, mostly just cool stuff you can do like the Asura Battlesuit.

And picking your race doesnt only affect your starting zone, it decides your whole personal storyline.
    What about race "x" starting in the zone of the race "y" ? What will happen to the personal story?
    As i said before i will probably never play a Norn, but i love their ice/mountains/forest/viking theme, and i wonder what happens if i start there as a human.
    Last edited by Snakez; 2011-05-31 at 03:51 AM.

1053 members and 11250 guests online atm so I would guess quite a few! And I only registred because I felt I had something to add to the discussion. So if you dont have anything useful to either yourself or others to add, you shouldnt really make the effort:P

10+ Year Old Account
    I worry about racials too, but i worry more about aesthetics, and just like in WoW, the female human looks the best so far in GW 2

Why worry about aesthetics when all the races look good? :P Im probably not going to play Norn though for any of my scholar characters unless I really love their racials. Even though they look cool, I just dont feel they fit the scholar theme as well as the other races :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to feel slim/swift, Norns are too big. Maybe i will like the sylvari redesign, dont like plants tho

Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    Doozer: Would you mind elaborate on that? You could say racial skills in wow was there for flavor and to make the differences between all races bigger. Even though racials are kind of like small gimmicks they can be pretty gamechanging in both pve and pvp situations.

Trolls: Thanks allot! I just couldn't stay quiet anymore. Even though Anet are releasing very little info I feel I should help in preventing this thread from ever getting lost even if its still on the top of page 1 atm :P

Edit:
    Blizzcon: Even if racials only give the tiniest age in combat it will heaviky impact my decision :P Im just like that

And I wouldnt know much about storyline before playing the game anyway so I cant really choose the most awesome storyline before actually playing the game first :P
    The Racials havent really been officially released yet.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Racial

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 09:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I like to feel slim/swift, Norns are too big. Maybe i will like the sylvari redesign, dont like plants tho
    I think female norns are sexy, because they didnt make them really muscular or anything, just big.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone found a video showing the warrior's ability Throw Ballz?... i mean Bolas

I hope Asura can create a giant Golem as one of their racials.

SNIP
    Well, you can participate in all the dynamic events there, but as a human your storyline will bring you somewhere different, just all you will be doing if you go another path is dynamic events.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 09:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    I hope Asura can create a giant Golem as one of their racials.
    This has been confirmed by the devs and seen in the gamescon footage, the asura actually get inside the suit, i dont know how good it would be for your necromancer though, it looked like it only did melee attacks.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Golem_Battlesuit

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 09:58 PM ----------

Has anyone found a video showing the warrior's ability Throw Ballz?... i mean Bolas
    Nah there's no videos, but its like what you see in movies n such, where theres 2 balls attached by a chain and when the chain hits someone's legs it wraps around them and immobilizes them.
    Last edited by Blizzcon2011; 2011-05-31 at 02:00 AM.

I do know the racials haven't been released yet, thats why Im going to wait until more info is released about both races and classes before I choose what kind of character I want to be. If racials can be used during combat and if they are not purely cosmetical they will have some kind of effect on gameplay, and Im willing to bet that racials will infact be usable in combat and not purely cosmetic.

Hopefully they dont wait another 1 and a half month before releasing more info about GW2, I know theres gonna be alot when they attent the comic-con in july(?) but hopefully they will release something before that

Anyway Im off to bed now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    Nah there's no videos, but its like what you see in movies n such, where theres 2 balls attached by a chain and when the chain hits someone's legs it wraps around them and immobilizes them.
    I wonder if it will make the target knock down

I wonder if it will make the target knock down
    Hopefully, otherwise it would be kinda weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait to beat up big bookahs in my even bigger golem

I'm definitely rolling a Charr Guardian, looks like a really fun class to play. The graphics are amazing in Guild Wars 2, I'm impressed!

[QUOTE=Snakez;11679952]I wonder how many ppl just read what we write and dont even have an account o.O

Have you! yes you! go make an account now!

I created an account but don't post a lot considering most of my questions are answered usually from reading through the pages. I posted quite a few pages back once but have been content atm with reading through each post as they come in. And yes, I check this on a daily basis. Has become a normal routine for me now daily.

As you can tell by quoting you that I'm kinda new to this forum and it's controls. It didn't exactly put the quote in the way I normally see the quotes put up. Not sure how to change that yet.
    Last edited by Lathrall; 2011-05-31 at 03:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol i wrote "Have" it was supposed to be "Hey" xD

And you failed to quote xD

It has become a normal routine for me too. The last pages are flooded with my replys lol

I did fail on the quote but thankfully I can read the thread like a champ

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Yeah just pigeonhole yourself into a role, that's really in the spirit of the game /sigh
    I doubt it's really going to be like that. For instance, right now I have no intention of rolling a guardian or ranger, but I'm sure I'll eventually roll one out of curiosity. When I first got WoW, I planned to only make 2-3 classes, now I've played all 10.

I've already picked out being a thief as my profession but still waiting on the changes being made to the sylvari to see what they look like before I decide on race.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Well my point was he not only already picked his profession, he also picked a specific role for it... which is kinda against the spirit of the game.

And a lot of people devote their time to once char, like you I don't do "mains" I find it boring.
    You can choose how you want to play your character now, but there's no telling how it will end up. I'm planning to go Mace/Mace Warrior, and mainly be controlling, but when GW2 does release, I might not go Mace/Mace, I may change my mind.

He may be planning to play primarily support, but ya never know which play-style you'll enjoy the most