Quote Originally Posted by zombiemike168 View Post
    I look forward to the scaling content. One of my problems with wow is that you feel rushed to get to max lvl and with the current lvling curve you speed through content without seeing eveything. Once you get to 85 the only way to progress is to grind the same 6 or so dungeons for loot. Theres no incentive to go see what you missed.

With the scaling I can go see what I missed and still feel danger and with the karma points, still progress my character doing so.
    Yes, that's what I dislike a lot in WoW. For some reason, I always feel "rushed" to get to max lvl as fast as possible. Even though they put at least some effort into non highend content, that effort is almost wasted, because I just can't get myself to experience it, because the "real" part of the game takes place at the max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    I meant leveling not questing xD And Dynamic events can be viewed as dynamic quests instead :P

And do you have a source btw? Im not doubting you, but I seem to remember the oposite :P
    Players are scaled to the level of the dungeon, but the dungeons do not scale according to how many people enter so they are always tuned around 5 players.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

Also, some clarification on scaling:

Going up levels

Level scaling upwards is not automatically performed. A character wanting to play higher level content must be sidekicked by a higher level character. The effect of upwards level scaling on available skills and experience gained isn't known.

Going down levels

Being scaled down in level is not voluntary like being sidekicked up in level; any high level character in a low level zone or dungeon will automatically have their power reduced to match the area they are in. Scaling works to the scaled characters favor to ensure they're still more powerful than an unscaled character. For example, a high level character doing level five content might be scaled to level eight.

The scaling down will affect attributes and weapon strength.
    Last edited by Mothhive; 2011-05-31 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Maybe you should re-read that. Different weapons alone will not provide power diversity and power improvement/alteration over 80 levels.
    Whatever weapons you have in your hands will completely change your actionbar abilities

---------- Post added 2011-05-31 at 05:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    SNIP
    The only skills that will change with level are the skills on the right of your health orb.

The first 5 will always correspond to your main hand and offhand weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Players are scaled to the level of the dungeon, but the dungeons do not scale according to how many people enter so they are always tuned around 5 players.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dungeon

Also, some clarification on scaling:
    Oh so thats what they meant by dungeons not scaling. Wonder what the rewards will be for level 80 ppl completing like a level 50 dungeon then if theyre scaled down anyways. Proably level 50 items, but they could introduce some currency that you get from going through dungeons, like karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Insaint View Post
    Oh so thats what they meant by dungeons not scaling. Wonder what the rewards will be for level 80 ppl completing like a level 50 dungeon then if theyre scaled down anyways. Proably level 50 items, but they could introduce some currency that you get from going through dungeons, like karma.
    I might be wrong here but i believe all dungeons drop just currency and a token you trade in for gear so your never grinding for that specific piece from a certain boss

The beauty of those level 50 items is the transmutation stones. Finally I will be able to go through a dungeon and if something low level drops and I like the looks enough, I will be able to transfer the stats over to it for the exact look I want out of my character. Instead of being forced into only wearing the look of the current top tier gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charr Engineer. Pwned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not sure bout this linear Leveling Curve.
    I dont think it will be cool to take the same time or almost the same time to get from levels 3-4 and 79-80, it would feel less rewarding.

Dont you guys think that at least the last levels should be more difficult? maybe 70-80

Quote Originally Posted by Snakez View Post
    I dont think it will be cool to take the same time or almost the same time to get from levels 3-4 and 79-80, it would feel less rewarding.

Dont you guys think that at least the last levels should be more difficult? maybe 70-80
    The difficulty depends on what your killing. You could either get your last level by protecting farmer johns farm or by killing the dragon that destroys a whole city by stepping on it
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-05-31 at 09:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

The leveling curve isn't linear. It's a plateau. Levels 1-10ish will be increasingly hard, but the difference between 20-30 and 70-80 will be minimal.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    I might be wrong here but i believe all dungeons drop just currency and a token you trade in for gear so your never grinding for that specific piece from a certain boss
    You are correct, when you kill bosses you gain tokens that you can spend at a vendor for gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Charr Engineer. Pwned.
    Norn Elementalist, Air attuned, Raven Form. Feed, me bruddahs!

If a game has a lot of boring content, or has way too little content, then yes, going from 70 to 80 needs to take more time than going from 10 to 20. Because then you need that artificial 'challenge' to make you feel like you're rewarded something at all. If the content is boring, you really need to make a big deal out of that DING once in a while, because it's really all you got.

If on the other hand, the content is so fun and engaging that you almost forget what level you actually are, then it dosen't matter at all how much time it takes from one level to the next, because you're way too busy having fun to even worry about it. And I think that's how Arenanet wants their game to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzcon2011 View Post
    You are correct, when you kill bosses you gain tokens that you can spend at a vendor for gear.
    I also remember them saying theres a chest at the end of each dungeon lootable by everyone that will contaim somethimg they can use.

Edit:
    In the case of distributing general monster loot or opening dungeon end-chests, this principle means that each player gets their own roll, so it’s alright if you are soloing and someone begins fighting alongside you. This won’t cause the loot you would receive to degrade in any way, as long as you actively participate in that combat. Likewise, when you get to the end of that big dungeon with your group, you each get to individually open the chest and receive your own personal reward.
    In the case of gathering materials from things like ore nodes, plants, and the like, this means that when you gather from that resource you use it up for yourself, but not for others. In Guild Wars 2 there is no need to race to beat other people to the same resource node. Take your time ripping that bear’s head off, because no one can walk up and steal that copper node in the back of its cave from you. You may be helping others in your world reach that copper safely, but rest assured that you’re not just clearing a path for a node ganker.

ww.arena.net/blog/a-rewarding-experience-john-hargrove-talks-about-loot#more-3320
    Last edited by zombiemike168; 2011-05-31 at 10:45 PM.

Tokens AND personalised loot. Sounds awesome!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristan Khan View Post
    If a game has a lot of boring content, or has way too little content, then yes, going from 70 to 80 needs to take more time than going from 10 to 20. Because then you need that artificial 'challenge' to make you feel like you're rewarded something at all. If the content is boring, you really need to make a big deal out of that DING once in a while, because it's really all you got.

If on the other hand, the content is so fun and engaging that you almost forget what level you actually are, then it dosen't matter at all how much time it takes from one level to the next, because you're way too busy having fun to even worry about it. And I think that's how Arenanet wants their game to be.
    enough idealism...Do you actually believe that that is ever going to happen? Or is that something you wish for like world peace?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea i agree that all lvls should be rewarding, but you know, i just wanted a final challenge before reaching the level cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Psilo View Post
    If you guys jump me I'll escape to my Golem battlesuit. NERF ASURA RACIAL IT TOO OP!!!
    Asura also have Radiation Field and Arcane Blast as racial according to GWWiki
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Radiation_Field
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arcane_Blast

Alexridiculous livestream http://www.own3d.tv/live/52574/SxS_Gaming
    Not sure what its about but hes the guy who made "top 10 reasons to be interested in GW2"
    i love his videos
    Last edited by Snakez; 2011-06-01 at 12:03 AM.

The idea is that they want you to go around and do everything in the game because its fun and engaging not because doing so will make you level faster. The game is designed for you to play it and enjoy playing it not logging in and contemplating whats the fastest course of action to blow through an area and get them levels. Now we just have to wait and see whether or not they succeed.

SNIP
    He's just playing Guild Wars 1

I just can't get over how impressive the graphics are in this game, there is so much detail put into the characters and world. I'm sold on this game from what I have seen thus far, it sounds too good to be true. I'm hoping Guilds Wars 2 will attract a lot of mmo gamers that will stay for the long haul, Cata is trash and I can't wait for a quality WoW alternative. No monthly fee is a huge plus as well, $15 a month isn't breaking the bank, but I'd much rather play for free. The leveling system sounds very intriguing where the developers are aiming to make it fun and not a grind, I really like the sound of what they're trying to do there with the personal story lines.