Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    I won't ignore users because that can stall discussion. Can't believe no one pointed him out before on being a complete dickwad. Oh well, let him live in his bubble where he is always right.

EDIT: Having a 360-controller would actually be pretty awesome I think... That's a really good suggestion that someone should bring to ArenaNet's attention!
    Agreed, and I actually think several people (including me) have. I've never been too keen on using controllers for PC games, give me my trusty mouse n' keyboard. But I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible to use one for the game. As long as there's no full port to consoles...

Yes we know Maklor is a scholar in Douche baggery and always has to be right
    Example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    All they have said is that their plan is for a closed beta before the end of the year, not the second half.
    Then a dev quote gets linked where they say second half, making this statement false
    And he continues to argue

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    Yes we know Maklor is a scholar in Douche baggery and always has to be right
    Example:
    Then a dev quote gets linked where they say second half, making this statement false
    And he continues to argue
    Well to be fair, there was another statement about "before the end of the year," (may have been the investor conference call? CBA to check) so he's not completely wrong. But yeah the subsequent argument was just completely unnecessary and uncalled for, particularly when they're essentially the same.

I played DCU:O with a 360 controller, and I tell you that made playing the game 100% better. It still got boring after a while, but it was fun while it lasted.
    If GW2 did this I'm sure it would certainly improve playing the game.

Gentlemen, the petty banter between each other needs to stop. No sense arguing with fellow GW2 enthusiasts, especially if we ever want to make an mmo-champ GW2 guild

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorkleft View Post
    I played DCU:O with a 360 controller, and I tell you that made playing the game 100% better. It still got boring after a while, but it was fun while it lasted.
    If GW2 did this I'm sure it would certainly improve playing the game.
    I've never played an mmo with a controller before, but the idea is sound. For example, a PS3 controller, there's exactly 10 buttons, for 10 possible skills. Left Analog stick for movement, right analog stick for camera control, select button to change weapons, start button to bring up menu screens, I see no faults here.

Quote Originally Posted by Azjenco View Post
    Just check out the wiki at this link here: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Professions_reveal They'll have all the info you'd need.
    Thanks a ton! That is exactly what I was after. I'm glad to see it is the mesmer. I played a ME/NE for a while in GW1. I might not have liked the game a whole lot, but it was a pretty serious threat in guild battles. However, this was when a monk ball could win battles.

Deleted
    Be nice Georgie^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut up and watch this :P

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sd...-wars-2/717923
    (10mins of HD tripod gameplay narrated by Colin Johanson)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

holy crap flamethrower, nuff said arenanet can i give u my money now??
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

1) Very cool that the devs help us get good demo footage.
    2) Suddenly feel a lot more tempted by the engineer, I like the range-changing skills. You really get an idea of class flexibility in this video.
    3) Underwater will never get old (though would be nice to see more than one area)

Edit to add: I know release date stuff is getting boring, but "we'll be having beta in the ne-". "near future", or "new year"? Or just a mistake not meaning anything?
    Last edited by Sapho; 2011-07-23 at 04:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I love these changes. Maybe it's because I've always valued utility and teamwork over my personal meter whoring, but the ability to pop Heart and step in for a dead healer/tank for 45s to save the day is Druidism at its finest IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDragon
    Technically dragon eating human is not cannibalism. It is misfortunate inconvinience.

Quote Originally Posted by durza View Post
    holy crap flamethrower, nuff said arenanet can i give u my money now??

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

Awesome!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conqq View Post
    that pretty much sumed up my mindset,speech and face perfectly
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Deleted
    That Norn at the end is what I wanna see, damn it, enough with the cat people, wanna see some big ass humans busting shit up.

The demo was good, apart from the player which was absolutely BAD :P
    Gimme someone that's really GOOD at playing thief for example and we have a recipe for epic WIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Daerken View Post
    The demo was good, apart from the player which was absolutely BAD :P
    Gimme someone that's really GOOD at playing thief for example and we have a recipe for epic WIN!
    The GOOD players are preoccupying themselves with making money :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a MMO-Champion Guild Wars II guild sounds awesome.
    When we know more about the release date and stuff, someone should really make a recruitment thread with information about which server and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    I think a MMO-Champion Guild Wars II guild sounds awesome.
    When we know more about the release date and stuff, someone should really make a recruitment thread with information about which server and stuff
    Yeah... no.

Too many conflicting personalities, as seen in this thread alone is enough reason not to

Looks like the fire got updated in GW2. I didn't notice it at all until I looked back at the old fire. Glad to see that they're still working on improving little things. =) Makes me really excited to see the finished product.

Old fire:

New fire:

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am glad they changed the fire, that was one of very few things I didn't like 100% in the game