Deleted
    They may have "sold-out" of these plushies, but that doesn't mean they've sold alot. For all we know, they could have sold all 100 that were for sale.

They're neat, but not something I'd personally buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    i was bored so i went dumpster diving on other game forums to see how they are reacting to GW2 and i found this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3243254?page=1 and man do i wish i still had access to my WoW account just so i could reply /sigh. this was my favorite quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziara
    I hate that when you hit max level gear all you do is play dress up with any new gear after that. Crafting in the game I would think is pointless, unless you wanna play dress up. There are other things to do in the game, but they revolve so much of the game around dressing up. Structured PvP you get new dress up clothes, new dungeon is released and you beat it to get new dress up clothes. The only feeling of progression is becoming more skilled, unless you are a fan of the lore then you get story progression. I think it is very obvious they made the game to extreme casuals that don't have time to put into the game, which is one reason their B2P model works. I can't imagine someone putting 30+ hours a week into the game like I could with mmo that have progression of all types. I will be buying and playing GW2, but it will be about as much as I will play a FPS.
    it's as though this guys is like struggling with the fact that GW2 will not be trying to artificially give you a "sense of progression" at cap by having a gear treadmill. gotta give WoW props though......it really knows how to instill Stockholm Syndrome into it's playerbase.

@Sapho, so you don't get the digital CEs with in-game items (pet's, mounts, gear) and perks (early access/beta access) either?
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i was bored so i went dumpster diving on other game forums to see how they are reacting to GW2 and i found this http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3243254?page=1 and man do i wish i still had access to my WoW account just so i could reply /sigh. this was my favorite quote:
    it's as though this guys is like struggling with the fact that GW2 will not be trying to artificially give you a "sense of progression" at cap by having a gear treadmill. gotta give WoW props though......it really knows how to instill Stockholm Syndrome into it's playerbase.

@Sapho, so you don't get the digital CEs with in-game items (pet's, mounts, gear) and perks (early access/beta access) either?
    well, its his legitime opinion and he is even right. there is no gear progression at the end of gw2 so if he wants new gear its not a game for him. thats no reason to blame this guy...well but since wow people are lacking the feeling of progression. for them progression is new gear, nothing more. they cant imagine to progress in a "story" or in "skill" cause they dont need it in wow, why should they need it in gw2?^^

all things you get after lvl 80 in gw2 is cloths to dress up. some people have fun doing this, other people dont have fun doing this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Sure it's his opinion but he's kinda stating it as a fact and that the gear treadmill is the only real way for a MMO.
    well if he thinks its the only thing to progress, let him think it. and i dont see where he is stating thats a fact for all people, he never said that in this quote...just cause he didnt wrote thats his opinion doesnt mean its not his opinion xD anyway im happier that these guys dont play gw2 then trying to argue with them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    well, its his legitime opinion and he is even right. there is no gear progression at the end of gw2 so if he wants new gear its not a game for him. thats no reason to blame this guy
    ummmm...what?!!! where did i blame him? i just found it amusing that he was struggling with it, it is not like the gear treadmill is the only and best way to progress in an MMO.

Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG

Deleted
    ummmm...what?!!! where did i blame him? i just found it amusing that he was struggling with it, it is not like the gear treadmill is the only and best way to progress in an MMO.
    sry, i meant it in a more generally way, not specific to you i shortly looked at the wow thread and found some blaming

anyway, why cant s2 reveal every week something from gw2? this no information thing is kinda killing me..wanna have new infos T.T

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrus View Post
    sry, i meant it in a more generally way, not specific to you i shortly looked at the wow thread and found some blaming

anyway, why cant s2 reveal every week something from gw2? this no information thing is kinda killing me..wanna have new infos T.T
    Asura week starts on monday

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is the only rpg I know of that add damage modifier to armor pieces,was definately new to me.

im actually quiet sad for the fact that many of the "gear grinders" from wow say they dont like GW2 "no gear grind" system, I was hoping to slaughter many of them :P
    Im not saying its a fact, but, usually, I think its correct to assume pvp gear grinders are less skilled and more "afraid" then those who are not "gear grinders". But then again, that might also mean a bit more mature community, even tho, from what I red in comments GW1 community is very... well... bad? :P
    Waiting for SWTOR (Star wars: the old republic)

www.swtor.com

or... GW2... undecided

Deleted

I actually had to quit reading cause the responses where truly getting on my nerves. Oh well, their loss.

Quote Originally Posted by xourico View Post
    im actually quiet sad for the fact that many of the "gear grinders" from wow say they dont like GW2 "no gear grind" system, I was hoping to slaughter many of them :P
    Im not saying its a fact, but, usually, I think its correct to assume pvp gear grinders are less skilled and more "afraid" then those who are not "gear grinders". But then again, that might also mean a bit more mature community, even tho, from what I red in comments GW1 community is very... well... bad? :P
    I think that if you feel like you have to have a gear advantage in PvP OR PvE, then it means that you either like being better than everybody else and you know it, or you unconsciously need it as a crutch because you'll have trouble succeeding without it. Sooo... you might be on to something there. (; At least in my opinion.

I was actually surprised when I read that thread though. It seemed like only a small handful of the people actually flat-out disliked the game, although they posted a lot more than the people who do like it so it made it seem like there was more hate for it. It surprised me because most of the people I know who still play WoW (rather than those who have played and quit it) are diehard fans of the game, and anything that does anything different is bound to fail to them. I was surprised by the responses. People wanted something different. I'd say that's pretty good news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    I actually had to quit reading cause the responses where truly getting on my nerves. Oh well, their loss.
    haha, i just find perusing other game forums a form of net adventuring because i am always surprised at how threatened people are with GW2 and how they try to rationalize that fear in their minds; alot of Strawman Arguments are flung around. i have no beef with people who genuinely don't like a mechanic/design philosophy like say no true tanks or healers available in GW2 because that's an experience they won't get if they look at it in the strictest traditional MMO sense, but then you get others saying stuff like GW2 will be nothing but F2P trash, then the real fun begins . but to be fair to the WoW forums, they are actually alot more cordial than say the SWTOR boards, because on the SWTOR boards if people get a whiff that you are not 100% SW/BW you will get zerged.

i found this on ArenaNets flickr account and thought those who could not get the plushie can at least get to experience the adventures of Rytlock the plushie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/page2/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xourico View Post
    I wouldn't call the community very bad, the pvp scene is a bit elitist, but I have happy memories of the gw1 community :-)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

For those interested in the E-sports scene of GW2, there's an interview about it with djWHEAT of Teamliquid:

http://teamlegacy.net/page/index.htm...d-e-sports-r50

Deleted
    Rytlock wants a pizza - Rytlock gets a pizza.

Haha oh wow.

i found this on ArenaNets flickr account and thought those who could not get the plushie can at least get to experience the adventures of Rytlock the plushie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/page2/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet
    That just makes me want it more. =(
    IT WON'T BE CHRISTMAS WITHOUT RYTLOCK PLUSHIE.

Deleted
    What i didnt like about GW1 was that you could get energy starved so easily, and spend a good portion of a heated fight just auto attacking until you can get one attack off.
    But there come the what i would call 'most promising developers yet', and they remove energy costs on skills and remove auto attacking. Amazing. You cant help but get hyped for this game. I hope they dont under- or overestimate the players at launch as that could be disastrous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    For those interested in the E-sports scene of GW2, there's an interview about it with djWHEAT of Teamliquid:

http://teamlegacy.net/page/index.htm...d-e-sports-r50
    The video at the end is adorable .

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a bit unfair to think poorly of gear grinders or anyone who likes a gear progression. To be honest, it's been a staple of RPGs since the beginning. To fault someone for their sense of accomplishment is going a bit overboard imo. It's a way of life in and out of video games.

I like upgrading my gear. I like that if I excell at something, I get a reward. The carrot on a stick works for me. I don't need better pvp gear to kill someone. But I still enjoy the incentive and reward. I'm not afraid or less skilled because I like upgrades.

By following some of the logic here, it's being said that people that only play single player RPGs should not play GW2 because they play games that support and promote a gear progression system. You can't blame WoW for this. This is a genre thing.

If you are talking about an end game progression system exclusive to MMOs, you still can't just blame WoW. It's still a genre thing. And if people like that way of play, who are you to fault them for their concerns about the lack of that in GW2. It's what they enjoy.

I'll still have fun in GW2 without the gear progression. I still like gear progression. I still believe it provides more incentive to keep playing. It's almost subconscious. That doesn't mean I am wrong or that I shouldn't play the game because I have hangups about the lack of traditional endgame. It just means I like something that this game is not doing. And so what? It doesn't mean I can't or won't enjoy the game.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    WoW - get better gear

GW2 - get prettier gear

Anything else?