Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    :S Makes it seem like you asked something.

You're right, my opinion was in the same vein of Xuvial's. Doesn't mean I couldn't and shouldn't have posted it. And truthfully your posts in reply to others' about addons comes of as snippy or snooty. If that's not your intent, maybe you should reword things.
    That had nothing to do with this argument. I was asking about an old UI that I tried once and enjoyed but decided not to use because I wasn't interested in setting it up perfectly when the default UI worked fine.

That's true but don't expect me to care or at least respond to you if you're just going to repeat what's being said after it's been rebuked. I'm sorry but that's just how I am and I have no intention of changing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    It seems to be the only language you understand, so I had no choice. Now get off you high horse, and stop pretneding you're something amazing on the internet.

If you don't like my tone, I suggest you not come by this topic again then, since I reply to everyone exactly the same way, I will tell you how it is no matter who you think you are. You seem to think you're above people here.
    If you're going to respond in an insulting manner, the least you can do is take the time to not make any grammatical or spelling errors.

That's fine. I respond the same way too and I'm certainly not afraid of your inconsequential machismo act or your blatant hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    This stops now, from all parties, or nice mod grows horns. Change the topic back to GW2 and knock it off.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    take the time to not make any grammatical or spelling errors.
    Here you prove my point of you been on your high horse, thinking you're above people.

Can't win argument, comment on spelling and grammar.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That had nothing to do with this argument. I was asking about an old UI that I tried once and enjoyed but decided not to use because I wasn't interested in setting it up perfectly when the default UI worked fine.

That's true but don't expect me to care or at least respond to you if you're just going to repeat what's being said after it's been rebuked. I'm sorry but that's just how I am and I have no intention of changing that.
    Ok then. I just thought I'd tried to deflect this by being polite and answering the question that I thought you had asked. My bad.

And I don't care or expect you to respond to what I said. I never had, and probably never will. Nor did I state anywhere in my post that I did. I was simply posting my opinion on addons. Am I not allowed to do that?

*Ahem* I am really interested to see how animal companions for the ranger are gonna be like. I hope they're not like gw1. I never really liked them.
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2011-09-26 at 10:04 AM.

Deleted
    *Ahem* I am really interested to see how animal companions for the ranger are gonna be like. I hope they're not like gw1. I never really liked them.
    Animal companions are currently under going a complete overhaul, as in the demos they are extremely weak, and died a hell of alot.

They want animal companions to be different to other MMO's, and don't want you to have to micro-manage them, but at the same time keep them useful.

-
    Here you prove my point of you been on your high horse, thinking you're above people.

Can't win argument, comment on spelling and grammar.
    Commenting on your inability to proofread basic mistakes and fix them before throwing your post out into the internet does not mean I'm on my "high horse". It simply means I expect a certain level of quality from people who insist on insulting me.

There was no argument between us so what else do you propose I do?

Ok then. I just thought I'd tried to deflect this by being polite and answering the question that I thought you had asked. My bad.

And I don't care or expect you to respond to what I said. I never had, and probably never will. Nor did I state anywhere in my post that I did. I was simply posting my opinion on addons. Am I not allowed to do that?
    That's all fine and dandy... had you made your intentions coherent & clear. Instead I had to assume you were referring to something Xuvali mentioned.

Your post(s) directly contradict that as it does take a level of "caring" to work up the effort needed to respond to someone. You're also awfully defensive which would imply otherwise. I'm going to go ahead and say no simply because you don't appear to be the type who can take criticism well.

You were warned twice.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-09-26 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Wow has exactly the same thing, but no one seems to care.
    Indeed, the lighting changes multiple times in zones, from forest (Felwood) To snowy mountains (Winterspring) Hillsbrad Foothills, goes from green fields to snow out of nowhere, wow is the worst game for it, but wow fanboys dont care.

15+ Year Old Account
    Animal companions are currently under going a complete overhaul, as in the demos they are extremely weak, and died a hell of alot.

They want animal companions to be different to other MMO's, and don't want you to have to micro-manage them, but at the same time keep them useful.
    Really? Awesome. I hope they pull it off cuz I always felt that GW ranger pets were WAY worse than Wow's.

Deleted
    Really? Awesome. I hope they pull it off cuz I always felt that GW ranger pets were WAY worse than Wow's.
    I hope, they really pull something out of the awesome bag with them.

I know before they started to overhaul them, that you could customize how/when they do abilities etc, people said it was like Dragon Age companions. (I've not played DA, so can't comment on it)

I don't know if you have seen this video, but it is the best Ranger video out there, even though it is old, they talk about how pets worked before there, so you get an idea of what they want from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAh1OHBI4uM

Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Indeed, the lighting changes multiple times in zones, from forest (Felwood) To snowy mountains (Winterspring) Hillsbrad Foothills, goes from green fields to snow out of nowhere, wow is the worst game for it, but wow fanboys dont care.
    I have no issues with this kind of thing. I mean it's a fantasy world afterall, in a world where dragons, goblins, orcs etc all live, why can the enviroment not be totally wild aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope, they really pull something out of the awesome bag with them.

I know before they started to overhaul them, that you could customize how/when they do abilities etc, people said it was like Dragon Age companions. (I've not played DA, so can't comment on it)

I don't know if you have seen this video, but it is the best Ranger video out there, even though it is old, they talk about how pets worked before there, so you get an idea of what they want from them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAh1OHBI4uM
    Haha, I am actually watching that exact video right now! I noticed that yeah, that poor bear dies like pretty quickly.

~After finishing the video I have to say I think I will make ranger my first profession. I never really got into it in the first one, but that demo makes it seem fun. I think the fact that GW2 is more move orientated helps. And gear/clockwork/steam punk bowwwwww<3
    Last edited by Kaelwryn; 2011-09-26 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    In WoW I could raid with just a boss mod and some raid bars. Other than that the background, the boss and the actual visual effects were completely unnecessary.
    You can raid with NO mods atall, and i do/did. Addons just make the game easier than it already is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's move away from addons discussion. It doesn't turn out pretty. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

15+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they decide to add mounts to the game. Not flying mounts, even though I do love them. I think too many people will use them to simply by pass everything, instead of exploring all the awesome nooks and crannies that are available. That said I think mounts would be a really good/nice thing to have. Way points are nice and all, but I like to explore and having a mount just makes it less tedious than running.

Deleted
    I really hope they decide to add mounts to the game. Not flying mounts, even though I do love them. I think too many people will use them to simply by pass everything, instead of exploring all the awesome nooks and crannies that are available. That said I think mounts would be a really good/nice thing to have. Way points are nice and all, but I like to explore and having a mount just makes it less tedious than running.
    Well you are rewarded for running everywhere etc, there's enough way points to negate needing mounts to travel around, and the areas are big enough to have a huge scale feeling to them, but small enough to not make you feel like it's too long of a run, and you need a speed increase.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well you are rewarded for running everywhere etc, there's enough way points to negate needing mounts to travel around, and the areas are big enough to have a huge scale feeling to them, but small enough to not make you feel like it's too long of a run, and you need a speed increase.
    \

That is true. I suppose that's just my feeling from GW. I mean, most of the zones were small but it just felt so tedious, in some zones. That and I am a mount collector in wow....soooo yeah, mounts I luff them. :P

Deleted
    \

That is true. I suppose that's just my feeling from GW. I mean, most of the zones were small but it just felt so tedious, in some zones. That and I am a mount collector in wow....soooo yeah, mounts I luff them. :P
    In GW1, you could only port to the towns/outposts etc, so I know what you mean. In GW2 there's so many waypoints, I mean in TB's Charr starting area video, I think he finds like 3 or 4 in just the start area, which he didn't even complete.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    You can raid with NO mods atall, and i do/did. Addons just make the game easier than it already is.
    Yeah that was argued to death over the two and a half hours I decided to sleep...

GIEF PETS NAO!!!!!

Seriously, I want some more god damn pet info.

Ranger for teh doulbe-yas.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    GIEF PETS NAO!!!!!
    When it's ready.

Trollface.

10+ Year Old Account
    When it's ready.

Trollface.
    If it weren't for Colin's cancer curing smile I'd slap the shit out of him if he said that to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    If it weren't for Colin's cancer curing smile I'd slap the shit out of him if he said that to me.
    I think at the next expo/games convention, the Anet staff should all wear trollface masks, and only answer questions with "When it's ready", oh the lulz.