Deleted
    I just have to ask, you guys that have played the demo of GW2:

How Good was it compared to WoW? When wow was fresh and new (vanilla/TBC I'm talking about), is it about the same? better?
    And also, how much better is it than todays WoW? Was it really that awesome?

Atm I think I'll enjoy GW2 about 100x more than I do enjoy WoW atm, if not more.
    Would've been nice if anyone here could answer my questions.

yeah TB ALWAYS has something negative to say about a game

but he's never said anything negative about GW2.. that just shocks me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmrider View Post
    You're absolutely right about features being used across games, and you're also right that it matters how it's implemented. WoW succeeded because it was "like Everquest but better." Various WoW clones have failed because they were "like WoW but worse."

We don't know exactly how the new features will play out in WoW, but in some cases we know enough. For example, we know that a dungeon's "challenge mode" is simply a speed run. We know that "PvE scenarios" are instanced. There's no way these features will compare to GW2's dynamic events and explorable-mode dungeons (or SW:TOR's story-driven dungeons for that matter).

It's not just that they've borrowed some features that players like from other games... it's that they seem to be doing a half-assed job of it, just so they can say "we have that too!"
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner here folks! That's exactly how I'm feeling with the next WoW expansion. The changes that MOP is giving to WoW sound like good ideas on paper and I'm actually going to try the next expansion just to get a hands on impression of all of them. But there are definitely some red flags going off right now, especially after Cata and how that has gone thus far.

Deleted
    I've watched the TB-videos, but I wanted a "normal-persons"-perspective also TB is the one who got me this hyped!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    I've watched the TB-videos, but I wanted a "normal-persons"-perspective also TB is the one who got me this hyped!
    TB seems pretty hyped too!

Even today on twitter:
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalBiscuit
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Fan
    lol you're so funny oh well i guess you'll miss the epicness that is pandaria i am just hoping none of the foolish subs follow
    Yeah we'll be playing better games likes Guild Wars 2 by then, sorry
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-10-22 at 10:43 PM.

I just hope they let WoW die with dignity, so it can be remembered as that one extremely successful MMO that influenced a lot of its genre of that time.

Unfortunately, I realize, that that time has passed. Cataclysm should have ended it. Heck, they could have ended it with WotLK, the only issue there being the complaints coming from the guys that care about lore (and, really, anybody that wants closure in a story). "What about Azshara and the Titans and the other Old Gods!", they'd say.

WoW has run its course. It needs to die, but its just too late.

should've scrapped this panda shit and had this expansion the sargeras (sp?) and be done with it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    I just hope they let WoW die with dignity, so it can be remembered as that one extremely successful MMO that influenced a lot of its genre of that time.

Unfortunately, I realize, that that time has passed. Cataclysm should have ended it. Heck, they could have ended it with WotLK, the only issue there being the complaints coming from the guys that care about lore (and, really, anybody that wants closure in a story). "What about Azshara and the Titans and the other Old Gods!", they'd say.

WoW has run its course. It needs to die, but its just too late.
    Perhaps Warcraft 4? lol

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsson View Post
    Perhaps Warcraft 4? lol
    Frankly, they need to let Warcraft as a whole die.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Snip> Don't be like that.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-23 at 02:34 AM.

Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-23 at 02:34 AM.

Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-23 at 02:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-23 at 02:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    And for the record, I've nothing against Edgecrusher , who for all intents are purposes is our main mod here, but generally speaking MMOchamp has terribly biased mods with no clue on how to moderate a forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    And for the record, I've nothing against Edgecrusher , who for all intents are purposes is our main mod here, but generally speaking MMOchamp has terribly biased mods with no clue on how to moderate a forum.
    What else could you expect with the way they recruit new mods?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    That's not very nice.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    That's not very nice.
    He does have a point. There's always a little bit of bias coming through from all mods. I mean even look at your own signature lol. Even though you mod both GW2 and SWTOR forums, you specifically link to the SWTOR thread, your SWTOR guild and have a SWTOR sig. Not saying you hate GW2 but mods should try and stay neutral on these forums. Otherwise any infraction or judgement can be seen as being 'against members of that community'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I edited a few posts. I believe I did you a favor. If you feel I censored you, or you really need to say that kind of thing, go ahead and say it again. There's not a second dose of the nice mod on that though. Proceed with caution.

---------- Post added 2011-10-22 at 07:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post
    He does have a point. There's always a little bit of bias coming through from all mods. I mean even look at your own signature lol. Even though you mod both GW2 and SWTOR forums, you specifically link to the SWTOR thread, your SWTOR guild and have a SWTOR sig. Not saying you hate GW2 but mods should try and stay neutral on these forums. Otherwise any infraction or judgement can be seen as being 'against members of that community'.
    /shrug

I think I'm more than fair. I link to the post I maintain, and yes, TOR will be my number 1 game. GW2 will be my on the side game. I also defend GW2 in the TOR forums, but that need not concern you.

Also, If you have problems with moderators, feel free to PM Sunshine or Bibi. But don't bring it into the forums.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-23 at 02:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    /shrug

I think I'm more than fair.
    I don't have a problem with you or Edge, but that thread should have been closed almost immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I don't have a problem with you or Edge, but that thread should have been closed almost immediately.
    We try to be as fast as we can on things, but we do have lives. Most of my forum usage is on my phone while I'm doing other things. Things may not get done right away, but we always aim to get them done.