Quote Originally Posted by fishious View Post
    I hope we don't see frogs as a playable race right away. Played as Froglok in EQ1 and 2, and we already have the Charr as a hunched over non-human race with animal traits. Give me something that will stand up straight. I'm with Blzn, Kodan would be a pretty fun race to play with Tengu coming in a close second.
    zomg but Kodan are just a copy of Pandaren!!

Kodan are cool and all, but they haven't been a source of envy as long as Tengu have. Speaking of which...

ANET! Y U NO GIEF TENGU BLOG?
    Last edited by Aammadan; 2011-11-03 at 06:43 PM.

There won't be Tengu in the game yet. We'll have to wait for the Cantha expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    zomg but Kodan are just a copy of Pandaren!!
    The totally cool thing about this is, Kodan Lore as added to Guild Wars 2 and public before Mists of Panda'mon was.

For me it's a toss up though. I love Talon Silverwing, but I was also a big fan of the His Dark Materials trilogy so war-like polar bears with armor is pretty beastly to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    There won't be Tengu in the game yet. We'll have to wait for the Cantha expansion.
    But, but... Dominion of Winds!
    Last edited by Aammadan; 2011-11-03 at 06:53 PM. Reason: spelling fail

Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    But, but... Domain of Winds!
    Ah, didn't see that. But in the notes there it says

It will not be accessible in the initial release of Guild Wars 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, didn't see that. But in the notes there it says
    If anything it will be a staging point for our forays into Cantha.

Daniel Dociu’s Art Featured in Latest National Geographic

http://www.arena.net/blog/daniel-doc...nal-geographic

Pretty cool stuff.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

There were several tribes of Tengu native to Kryta and the Shiverpeak Mountains prior to the existence of Factions, and they were also present in the southern areas of the Maguuma Jungle (i.e., Asuran lands) in EotN.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    There were several tribes of Tengu native to Kryta and the Shiverpeak Mountains prior to the existence of Factions, and they were also present in the southern areas of the Maguuma Jungle (i.e., Asuran lands) in EotN.
    He means as a playable race I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Daniel Dociu’s Art Featured in Latest National Geographic

http://www.arena.net/blog/daniel-doc...nal-geographic

Pretty cool stuff.
    Now that's awesome.

Heads up, new blog is out:

http://www.arena.net/blog/guild-wars...-by-jon-peters

"For example, polar bears have an icy roar that freezes enemies, while brown bears have a roar that removes conditions." Now that's cool.

EDIT: I love how the simple concept of 'setup and finisher' has such huge possibilities. This will definitely make for insanely dynamic gameplay. The real question is whether or not they can balance it all out if they wish to pursue GW2 as an active esport.
    Last edited by Ronyx; 2011-11-04 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronyx View Post

"For example, polar bears have an icy roar that freezes enemies, while brown bears have a roar that removes conditions." Now that's cool.

EDIT: I love how the simple concept of 'setup and finisher' has such huge possibilities. This will definitely make for insanely dynamic gameplay. The real question is whether or not they can balance it all out if they wish to pursue GW2 as an active esport.
    Called the cross profession stuff

Very cool post!

wonder why people keep questioning their ability to balance the game while they did a pretty good job with GW1 (not perfect, but still way better than most games). if their numbers are off and something needs to be tweaked, there's no doubt they'll adjust it as soon as they can instead of letting it run and ruin the game balance for months like some others do (like some company which name starts with a "b" and ends with "lizzard" for instance)

Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    wonder why people keep questioning their ability to balance the game while they did a pretty good job with GW1 (not perfect, but still way better than most games). if their numbers are off and something needs to be tweaked, there's no doubt they'll adjust it as soon as they can instead of letting it run and ruin the game balance for months like some others do (like some company which name starts with a "b" and ends with "lizzard" for instance)
    Not to mention Guild Wars 1 was an exceptionally difficult game to balance due to the dual class system. Without that additional burden to work around I have no doubt GW2 will have exceptionally fun and "powerful" classes across the board.

A lot of good and interesting information, it really was a good read. I like the info about the engineer skills, and my razer naga is going to be getting a good amount of use with how many keys an engineer has access to at one given time.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Engineers have access to the same amount as Rangers and Elementalits as it looks now.

Deleted

All the stuff in the blog post was very good.

I'm even more interested in Ranger now, probably going to be my main. I love how the pets allow you to basically bring a fourth utility skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    All the stuff in the blog post was very good.

I'm even more interested in Ranger now, probably going to be my main. I love how the pets allow you to basically bring a fourth utility skill.
    yeah, the blog post was short but really packed. now to wait and see if we get any more updates next week.

Off-Topic: given your avatar i just assumed you were always going to roll a Ranger. O.o
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Gamebreaker TV launches their Guild Wars 2 show December 15th.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Gamebreaker TV launches their Guild Wars 2 show December 15th.
    Funny how they've gone from slagging it off, to making a show about it.