Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Funny how they've gone from slagging it off, to making a show about it.
    Anything for the views and or potential donations. Either that or they actually had a change of heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Funny how they've gone from slagging it off, to making a show about it.
    I don't remember them slagging it off. When was that?
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alatian View Post
    Neither do I. I remember pretty well they said good things about it a couple times at least. And I don't watch them very often at all.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Neither do I. I remember pretty well they said good things about it a couple times at least. And I don't watch them very often at all.
    They do question and doubt it a fair bit, but they do that with pretty much every game. Especially after GW2's strong showing during convention season, the hosts that have their doubts ended up loving it. They get Rubi Bayer (big Massively writer/GW fan) on there fairly often as well.

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 09:38 PM ----------

Wowcrendor talks about WoW vs GW2 on his Q&A show. He's got a lot of good points, and hits the nail on the end with the problems that Cataclysm has.

Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

Deleted
    They did after some past conventions when a couple of those that host it got hands on demos of GW2.

Admittedly it was the Rift fan girl that started all the hate, but the others were swift to join in. Though that Rift girl hates anything that isn't Rift when I've watched it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowcrendor talks about WoW vs GW2 on his Q&A show. He's got a lot of good points, and hits the nail on the end with the problems that Cataclysm has.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72NzQ...&feature=feedu
    he didn't answer the question succinctly enough for my tastes. it was more of a here's why Mop was made and not an actual comparison between the games. tbh, i see it as half-stepping, but that's just me.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    he didn't answer the question succinctly enough for my tastes.
    He just resorted to the old cop out of "it's free so you can play both games"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    He just resorted to the old cop out of "it's free so you can play both games"
    It is true after all. I picked up DCUO again since it's now free. I'm sure I'll continue my WoW sub while I play GW2. Having a bunch of games to play is so much more fun than having one.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lACWjzKy8_o Watch it, love it, yell at me later

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    It is true after all. I picked up DCUO again since it's now free. I'm sure I'll continue my WoW sub while I play GW2. Having a bunch of games to play is so much more fun than having one.
    the question was not whether or not you could play WoW and GW2 concurrently, but if WoW will continue to retain its #1 MMO spot after GW2 releases.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lACWjzKy8_o Watch it, love it, yell at me later
    At around 12:40 he says there will be a team adding new content weekly. Has this been addressed before because I didn't think they would add anything new to each game except bug fixes just like the original GW.

Obviously it won't be anything huge like new dungeons or DE's every week but just something small added on a weekly basis sounds bad ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whill4 View Post
    At around 12:40 he says there will be a team adding new content weekly. Has this been addressed before because I didn't think they would add anything new to each game except bug fixes just like the original GW.

Obviously it won't be anything huge like new dungeons or DE's every week but just something small added on a weekly basis sounds bad ass.
    Maybe not new dungeons, but DE's are a good possibility, or at least smaller ones.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

They said in one interview/blog (don't remember exactly the source) that they're planning on releasing additional DE's almost immediately, some as additional stages of existing DE's and some as random DE's throughout the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Here's a quote of Eric Flannum from GW2 guru dev tracker about this:
    Colin actually misspoke a little on this point. We will have a live team that will produce new content every week but we may not be doing a new build every week. So while we are technically adding new stuff on a weekly basis you guys may not see it right away. We aren't sure yet how often we'll be doing builds once the game goes live. Hope that clears up any possible misunderstanding.

Deleted
    Eric is always there to make us sad again!

Silly devs making mistakes all the time!

Interesting screenshot from G-Star in Korea!

Kinda liking the elaborate Korean style outfits. Wonder if we'll be able to get access to them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Gamescon equivalent:

I wonder if this means they're going to make a localised version for Korea?
    And if they do, will they add in grinding?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Gamescon equivalent:

I wonder if this means they're going to make a localised version for Korea?
    And if they do, will they add in grinding?
    lol

Korean Patch 1.1

- Dramatically reduced the XP gain from DE's and Mobs
    - Removed many grind free DE's and replaced them with fields full of stationary mobs to slaughter
    - Loot from dungeons is now acquired via extremely rare random drops
    - Using dyes on armor has a chance to fail, destroying the dye and the armor
    - Keg Brawl mini game replaced with a Synchronised Dancing mini game hosted by Girls Generation!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Interesting screenshot from G-Star in Korea!

Kinda liking the elaborate Korean style outfits. Wonder if we'll be able to get access to them?
    Good to see, although I can already here the "OMG another asian style MMO!" flamers.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Good to see, although I can already here the "OMG another asian style MMO!" flamers.
    Actually, I haven't heard any "asian mmo" insults since Pandaland got announced. Glass houses it seems...
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-11-08 at 02:30 PM.