10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna have to make some playlists before it comes out
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    I'm gonna have to make some playlists before it comes out
    Already on it. I'm very thankful ANet is doing this for us (the players). I'm glad that it's a in-game feature, rather than something I'll have to DL from Curse. Which is why I never bothered with addons like that for WoW, usually they're very confusing and just end up lagging the game out. In WoW I was better off just running my WMP in the background.

Finally! I'll be able to hear "War is the Answer" from Five Finger Death Punch every time I enter a boss battle!

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta start collecting every lufia 2 soundtrack there is

must kill zhaitan with this track on
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would people want to use their own soundtrack for a game with such an amazing musical score?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebum06 View Post
    Why would people want to use their own soundtrack for a game with such an amazing musical score?
    This. I think it is very disappointing and insulting to the composers and orchestras (if applicable) that A-net is including a custom player.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    This. I think it is very disappointing and insulting to the composers and orchestras (if applicable) that A-net is including a custom player.
    While I will be listening to every musical piece that they supply in GW2, from time to time the music can get a little repetitive. After entering combat for the 6,000th time (especially when combat is only lasting 20-30 seconds) that one little clip starts to wear me down. There's only so many times before the clip reaches a saturation point in your brain where you're not going to find anything new within the piece. And, though it makes little difference, I am a composer by profession. I would not be offended by this.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kind of off-topic, but what happened to all the threads? There are only 2 pages but there should be 245 threads

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kind of off-topic, but what happened to all the threads? There are only 2 pages but there should be 245 threads
    Bottom of page: Thread Display Options > Show threads from the... > Beginning

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Bottom of page: Thread Display Options > Show threads from the... > Beginning
    Thanks, didn't even know about that feature.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    After you've been in the game for a while, the musical score will/might get old and stale. I know for a fact I haven't had music on for 90% of the time I've played WoW, or 95% of the time I played Ragnarok Online, I just pulled my own stuff behind it.

As for a playlist. Not doing anything like that now, I want to know what songs will fit where before I do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    After you've been in the game for a while, the musical score will/might get old and stale.
    you might take a look at this, it shows gameplay with ingame sound, listen to the background noises. It's very immersing and you really got the feeling to be in this environment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKnfzL9PUN0#t=3m00s

15+ Year Old Account
    While I agree with you, I think ANet is being very smart including an in-game custom player. Gives the player the freedom to choose whether or not they want to listen to their own music or in-game. I think most players will not use the feature for some time because of how good the music is.

i love the built-in music player.

eventually you'll be tired of hearing the same music even if it's good (it damn well will be)

Will we soon see a beta? ffs this game has been in production for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    Will we soon see a beta? ffs this game has been in production for a long time
    one of the most asked questions ^^ they start CLOSED beta in this month (+ release last profession). After that they decide when to start the open beta based on the experience in the closed beta.

It's been in production for about as much time as most mmos. They just announced the game way early so it seems like it has been forever in production.

I feel sorry for the poor fuckers who have been following since '07

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Like me?

Although I'm not nearly as obsessive as a lot of people I know about it. Actually, I've found that people who have just started following the game (like less than 6 months) are the ones mostly complaining. Us old farts are pretty accepting of the wait, I mean whats 6 more months anyway in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Magzilla View Post
    Calling us "Poor *****" is a bit uncalled for, we may have been waiting 4 years for it, but it will be worth it in the end.