10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    i do not know how big the GW2 community is here, it seems rather small to be honest
    And therein lies the problem. Do you honestly believe Guru with all the BS that goes on there thanks to management would be the number one fansite if it wasn't for ArenaNet's involvment?. ArenaNet only participating (a big difference from the occasional 5 minute interview) on Guru hurts every other fan site.

And for the record, this isn't me QQ'ing about them not posting here. In the interview they were asked about how they manage the community, and I'm questioning their answer.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-01-01 at 02:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    And therein lies the problem. Do you honestly believe Guru with all the BS that goes on there thanks to management would be the number one fansite if it wasn't for ArenaNet's involvment?. ArenaNet only participating (a big difference from the occasional 5 minute interview) on Guru hurts every other fan site.

And for the record, this isn't me QQ'ing about them not posting here. In the interview they were asked about how they manage the community, and I'm questioning their answer.
    dude, Guru has been around for a minute and it has a very big following from it's GW1 days. who is to say what would have happened if this or that had happened, i told you i am not a fan of conjecture. and ANet may not post on other fansites but they do participate through interviews, why are you downplaying this like the devs posting on Guru is somehow magical? the Reddit AMA was MUCH more informative that ALL dev posts on Guru over the past year that i have read. most of the dev post i read on Guru are corrections of misinformation/misconceptions of the fans, there are few of substance. but even though Guru had their little IRC Live Chat with the devs it was crushed by the Reddit AMA, so does that mean that Reddit is now the go to place for the devs since they have more posts there than anywhere else? of course not. Guru has been around since GW1 and because of that the devs know the mods and the community better.

personally i am glad that they post in an easy to find place rather than all over the multitude of GW2 fansites, it makes it easier to find info, you even get most of your links that you post here from there. i do not like the Guru mod culture at all as the mods are deluded into thinking they are special because the devs post there, but i'll take that over scouring the net for GW2 info any day. it is not an ideal situation but i can understand the need for it at least for the moment. i want an official forum, but not at the expense of resources that could be used more effectively in releasing the title and because of that for the moment i can deal with the shit over at Guru i will just post less. i would have supported you had you said Regina completely dodged the question of having an official forum because that is what she did in the question from the interview you quoted, but instead you made it seem like they do not support other fansites other than the pseudo-official site Guru, which i think is not giving props where props are due and nit-picking as to the type of participation the devs need to engage in in order to please you.

anyway, i would love to know if the bulk of the "new" testers for CB are just players, game reviewers, or professional testers. i hope that they are professional testers then at least i won't feel bad about not getting in even though i do actually give detailed feedback when i beta test a game (i even did it with SWTOR though very little was actually changed :/)
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    I rather see them utilize official wiki more than have official forums. Information is lot better organized on wiki and discussion doesn't die off so fast because thread didn't stay on front page long enough due to massive spam. Izzy used to be quite active on GW1 wiki discussing about skill balance, hope he continue that in GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Arenanet release some new information about the game or something? There has been a massive influx of terrible trolls in the GW2 sub forums lately.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they are already bored with swtor? I cancelled the sub myself. One of what was supposed to be one of the major drawing points actually turned out to be the biggest detriment to me. I couldn't find a companion I wanted to have on a character that I wanted to play that approved of my actions. I didn't want every companion to be a yes man, but the ones that generally did agree with what I thought of for the class I generally didn't like them personality wise. So it got to the point that I didn't want to have a companion, but soloing in swtor without a companion isn't really an option, which I think is a huge mistake.

/endrant

People like to troll? I dunno. I can't wait for GW2 myself. At this point it is mainly because of no companions....

10+ Year Old Account
    There's been a general traffic increase in the GW2 subforum in the past week, both good and bad.
    It's either 1) people on holidays, or 2) Jedi hanging up their lightsabers (which cause bleeding...)

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Did Arenanet release some new information about the game or something? There has been a massive influx of terrible trolls in the GW2 sub forums lately.
    Yeah so since SWTOR released the trolls have started to migrate over to GW2.

Deleted
    Yup, the entire hype of SWTOR is slowing down since it's released so on to the next target...

I'm def quite new to posting, but have lurked for longer than the average B5 lurker has, well, lurkered...(if any get the sci-fi ref )
    There's been a massive upsurge in the number of misinformed posts recently.

We should try to develop another sticky of major GW2 info imo. Ofc, that assumes that solid info can in fact feed trolls...

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I'm def quite new to posting, but have lurked for longer than the average B5 lurker has, well, lurkered...(if any get the sci-fi ref )
    There's been a massive upsurge in the number of misinformed posts recently.

We should try to develop another sticky of major GW2 info imo. Ofc, that assumes that solid info can in fact feed trolls...
    I wanted to make a thread with a list of all the misinformed things going around about loot,skills, etc but the 5 assumption thread beat me to it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

That one def has the potential
    Unfortunately it's gotten bogged down in infuriating lacks of ability/willingness to listen and alcholosim inducing headbanging against granite walls. Mostly induced by some guy called Thaeksis or some such......

I hope the OP can update it.

That post is also just damn annoying because I revealed a misconception about DEs in one of my posts....and so far it's the only thing the OP has posted back on the first post :-S Damn lol. Oh well, better than fading into obscurity I guess

Deleted
    There's been a general traffic increase in the GW2 subforum in the past week, both good and bad.
    It's either 1) people on holidays, or 2) Jedi hanging up their lightsabers (which cause bleeding...)
    I noticed we got more people when GW2 got its own sub-forum after some of us were just posting in the one thread, then we recently got a new wave of people but fter we got our own thread I noticed more hostility we used to be so friendly (apart from all the Asura hate but those little rats can go burn in hell)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Yup, the entire hype of SWTOR is slowing down since it's released so on to the next target...
    Exactly. Incoming overhype and ridiculous comparison the next months!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I wanted to make a thread with a list of all the misinformed things going around about loot,skills, etc but the 5 assumption thread beat me to it
    Such a post won't stop trolls. Trolls will troll no matter what, especially since this game is just different, without the entire "carrot on a stick" thing. That's the bad part of GW2, it gives trolls a lot of subjects to troll about.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-01-02 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    Such a post won't stop trolls. Trolls will troll no matter what, especially since this game is just different, without the entire "carrot on a stick" thing. That's the bad part of GW2, it gives trolls a lot of subjects to troll about.
    Add this to the huge wall of texts of 'facts' when the beta is not even released yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler for Edge of Destiny, so if you're planning on reading the book don't read this.

Deleted
    Haha, brilliant

15+ Year Old Account
    @Mif

And that is one of the many reasons I love Charr.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spoiler for Edge of Destiny, so if you're planning on reading the book don't read this.

I love Caithe's response.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelwryn View Post
    I love Caithe's response.
    Instructional tutorial, go!