Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Mmmm, in GW1 do I just do secondary quests till I can fulfill my primary ones? And after all the primary ones are done I have officially beat the campaign?
    Not really. You can run missions almost nonstop and that follows the story/campaign. The secondary/side quest are just for money and trinkets- for the players that like an "adventure". The meat of the game is just missions, some mission will end and allow you to start the next mission immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Not really. You can run missions almost nonstop and that follows the story/campaign. The secondary/side quest are just for money and trinkets- for the players that like an "adventure". The meat of the game is just missions, some mission will end and allow you to start the next mission immediately.
    Where do you get missions :x, all I am finding are quests.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your quest log, just keep doing primary quests and they will funnel you into missions.
    If you're only after HoM, you can ignore secondary quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    In your quest log, just keep doing primary quests and they will funnel you into missions.
    If you're only after HoM, you can ignore secondary quests.
    oh ok, slowly learning

/sigh give me 3 days and ill know everything :x
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

are you on tutorial island still?

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Funny how synchronized this happens, guess MoP will launch as direct competitor to GW2... just saying
    MoP wont compete with GW2 because it cant. GW2 is like any other B2P game out there. Deus Ex didnt interfere with my Raiding in WoW, Skyrim didnt, Fable 3 didnt, Witcher 2 didnt. Im going to be purchasing both games and going to enjoy every inch of both.

I have a quick question: I have seen a lot of videos where classes have a resource that is drained when casting spells/ dodging. I thought they removed all resources and replaced it with only a dodge bar? Are these videos just old?

Quote Originally Posted by masterpiece View Post
    I have a quick question: I have seen a lot of videos where classes have a resource that is drained when casting spells/ dodging. I thought they removed all resources and replaced it with only a dodge bar? Are these videos just old?
    Judging by two elementalist videos from about 10 and 5 months ago, the old one has what looks like a mana bar that is drained when spells are used. But the newer video shows the bar with a dodge icon beside and is not drained when spells are cast. Not sure how much other classes may have changed between videos.

I think there's a number professions that still have an energy bar now, like the thief's Initiative. Not sure on any others...too many changes lol. My GW2 encyclopedia is getting rusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I think there's a number professions that still have an energy bar now, like the thief's Initiative. Not sure on any others...too many changes lol. My GW2 encyclopedia is getting rusty.
    Initiative is a different thing altogether, what I'm referring to is the blue mana bar I've seen in a few videos. In some videos it is a dodge bar and others its a blue mana bar. I was wondering if this mana bar was removed for all classes or if some still have it.

All skills have internal cooldowns now to use and some skills are affected by class resources like initiative for the thief and adrenaline for the warrior.

The Dodge bar has replaced the Energy bar which used to be a bar that kept players from performing too many activities without taking a break. It was a way to keep players from experiencing content too fast and rushing the game. You could buy potions to recover the blue energy bar. The devs relised that this wouldnt sit well with the players and scrapped it in favor of the Dodge bar which only goes down when u dodge and refills slowly. The dodge brings a useful combat tool that can be used in tactical situations like avoiding big incoming attacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Initiative is a different thing altogether, what I'm referring to is the blue mana bar I've seen in a few videos. In some videos it is a dodge bar and others its a blue mana bar. I was wondering if this mana bar was removed for all classes or if some still have it.
    My understanding is that yes, it was removed. I'll see if I can find a source for that though.

Oh, sorry I misread.
    Yes, it's gone I believe it's managed by cooldowns now

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Getting abit off topic but i'm actually surprised i havn't seen many people starting up guilds. I know i'll be rolling on an Roleplaying server.
    I know I'll be making guild asura only though I'm afraid
    I'm sure you know already, but there won't be separate servers for roleplay or pvp. I'll just join a RP guild as well...and a pvp one. Love the multiple guilds feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    I suppose thats not that bad seeing as you can freely change servers.
    Yh...makes it very user friendly. Unless they're on a competing WvWvW server ofc...

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I want them to release more lore on classes. I want to know if guardians have some kind code of conduct. I want to be a guardian who smashes heads then gets arrested at the tavern for getting drunk and mooning the waitress... as long as I'm protecting someone in the process!
    Yeah I would like some lore too. I wan't to know if a thief is always a thief (sounds dumb lol) or if I made a thief could I just be a military scout or something? I just don't think it makes sense for a sylvari or a norn to be actual thieves that steal to survive. I am pretty sure races other than humans don't have social classes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    Yeah I would like some lore too. I wan't to know if a thief is always a thief (sounds dumb lol) or if I made a thief could I just be a military scout or something? I just don't think it makes sense for a sylvari or a norn to be actual thieves that steal to survive. I am pretty sure races other than humans don't have social classes as well.
    Join the order of whispers That should fulfill all your spying needs. The charr ash legion would work well too.
    I feel like thieves are spies as well...what with the shadowmelding n all.

I was thinking of joining the order of whispers, they seem way cool. I think the durmand priory fits my characters story more though, they seem cool too but there isn't really much we know about them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by worprz View Post
    I was thinking of joining the order of whispers, they seem way cool. I think the durmand priory fits my characters story more though, they seem cool too but there isn't really much we know about them right now.
    I personally can't wait to run around Tyria on my elementalist discovering ancient tomes for durmand priory I like to think maybe I'll read the wrong one and wake up another elder dragon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Funny how synchronized this happens, guess MoP will launch as direct competitor to GW2... just saying
    What a massive coincidence! :-)

One thing I wondered...even if MoP doesn't release at the same time as GW2...the beta is for press etc - and, obviously, it's the press that write the reviews and spread the word. Not necessarily a direct play for immediate subscribers...but a play for "the buzz" from the media that will eventually lead to subscribers.

Of course, it works the other way...there's the risk of WoW looking veeeeeery old and rigid - especially when the members of the press can't find a tank to do the new instance ;-)

Obviously, not that I'm implying that WoW is acting like the spoilt attention seeking child who can't stand it when anyone looks at their younger, friendlier sibling.