Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The funny part about the Deathwing == Shatterer thing is that both designs were probably implemented around the same time (and both not revealed until much later), and likely had 0 influence on each other.

There's no doubt ANet has been influenced by Blizzard... considering their founders used to work there. But this specific comparison is not relevant.
    This, plus even that both dragons looks similar in shape for me, it might be just variations of western version of dragons and how we see dangerous dragons. Big chin is quite common when you trying show powerfull/dangerous enemy. Plus it looks kinda bad ass on dragon too imo :P

Anyone know if we will be able to create 5v5 teams with people from different servers? Seeing as we can travel to any server we desire at any time it would make sense...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Btw. the original models for GW1 actually looked a lot like WoW humans, so glad they changed them.
    I'm glad they didn't keep anything from the original GW1 alpha aesthetic.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing is that it ended up looking absolutely nothing like it did in this alpha video, pretty much everything was redone.
    Yeah, they got a whole art team for i.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    I have a question, I pre-purchased the game, and I activated the key and linked my Guild Wars 1 account to it.
    Where can you download the Beta?
    I tought I saw something of "We will mail it" but I'm not a 100% sure, any idea's or knowledge about this?

Tyvm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    I'm glad they didn't keep anything from the original GW1 alpha aesthetic.
    The terrain reminds me of DAoC .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone knows if the Thief will excell with dual daggers, or a dagger/pistol or both?

Quote Originally Posted by pikaKipz View Post
    Anyone knows if the Thief will excell with dual daggers, or a dagger/pistol or both?
    Thief will excel at whatever weapons you give it. >.>
    They're trying not to make any profession vastly superior with any one weapon combination, that would defeat the purpose of HAVING weapon combinations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaKipz View Post
    Both, its based on the weapons you choose.

Btw. the original models for GW1 actually looked a lot like WoW chars (cartoony), so glad they changed them.

Funny thing is that it ended up looking absolutely nothing like it did in this alpha video, pretty much everything was redone.

Yup, i am glad they did so too haha, i actually adore GW graphics, i find it quite pleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by azzer24 View Post
    Yup, i am glad they did so too haha, i actually adore GW graphics, i find it quite pleasant.
    I love the GW graphics and style much more than any other game I've played

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    I love the GW graphics and style much more than any other game I've played

Yeah it has a special something, i can't put my finger on it, like Borderlands did with their game, something completely different, not to say GW did that, but it's damn good anyway :P

Deleted
    I'm probably late but wasn't this thread a sticky before..? I could have sworn it was ):

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kessos View Post
    I'm probably late but wasn't this thread a sticky before..? I could have sworn it was ):
    The answer is one page back. There was no more need for it to be a sticky.

Deleted
    Uh, guys, I was browsing the whole concept art thing on the wiki, and I came across this:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File...oncept_art.jpg

Anyone have any idea where this would be? I hope it's in game, it looks incredibly pretty - like everything - and I really, really really want to go and see it

Deleted
    Yeah it looks quite modern, but at the same time it half looks like it would fit Divinity's Reach (I'm sure I misspelt that but oh well), and I'd love it to be in the human noble story somehow...
    It looks so pretty.
    The game's concept art - and the actual game too - never ceases to amaze me. I'm half afraid I'm just going to spend the beta weekend drooling over pretty places...

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    Uh, guys, I was browsing the whole concept art thing on the wiki, and I came across this:
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File...oncept_art.jpg

Anyone have any idea where this would be? I hope it's in game, it looks incredibly pretty - like everything - and I really, really really want to go and see it
    According to the wiki it is a dungeon, http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lord...one%27s_estate.

edit- Here is a SS from a video released in 2009 with similar design to the concept art. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File...n_building.jpg
    Last edited by Tithonus; 2012-04-12 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow! The inside Beautiful (as is the outside) but boy to they pay attn to details, cant wait to see this in game, whenever that may be, Ah ArenaNet Artists, you rock my world