10+ Year Old Account
    bah, i am debating whether or not to go for GWAMM. i am currently at 30/50 (my HoM is in my sig) but i would like some people to do it with to stave off boredom and monotony, who knows it may even turn out to be fun. if anyone is interested let a brotha know.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimusmc View Post
    im opposite then, i get 1 pair of shoes that goes with everything i never dress up so dont need those shoes.. i despise boots. :P
    Even if you're just wearing jeans and a tee, some days it's nice to wear sneakers...some days boo-its etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post

You can tell a lot about folk by their footwear IMO.
    Indeed!
    When I judge a person Ive never met before (and lets be honost, we all make our first impressions based on looks) I always look at their footwear first, men aswell as women.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verazh View Post
    Indeed!
    When I judge a person Ive never met before (and lets be honost, we all make our first impressions based on looks) I always look at their footwear first, men aswell as women.
    Ha! Me too!!! It just gives you more information.

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    If you ignore someone their post will be "folded up" so you can't see it, they will still be able to see your posts - also you can still see what they post if someone quote them making ignore a bit pointless at times.

The main reason I took him off my ignore list was that he posts so much that sometimes half the page was "folded up" posts.
    Well - we're all getting along now, that's the main thing huh :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    My jaw. On the floor.
    I don't see what's so surprising about that? I agree, graphics are easily one of the least important things about a game for me. A shit game that looks pretty (and there are tons of examples of this) doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Ah!

Jeez, am I the only one who's never used my ignore list? Perhaps I don't need to because everyone is already ignoring me ha!

So how does it work - if I ignore you, I don't see your posts...but you see mine? Or, neither of us can see the others?
    Heh I didn't even find out there was an ignore list until recently, don't really see the point in using it but mehhh...
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-04-19 at 05:54 PM.

Same here mate :-)

I wouldn't go as far as to say that shoes make the man...but they do complete the outfit.

You can tell a lot about folk by their footwear IMO.
    Heck yea. I don't "buy the guys don't care about footwear" thing. Some men probably be apprehensive about admitting such depending on their upbringing. Deep down, I think men are as vain[er!] as women when it comes to appearance. ;d

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I don't see what's so surprising about that? I agree, graphics are easily one of the least important things about a game for me. A shit game that looks pretty (and there are tons of examples of this) doesn't interest me in the slightest.
    The comment was made in jest, dear. Don't be bad at the internet.

Deleted
    You guys are being so sexists, surely everyone, man or woman, wants to look pretty.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only part of me that's vain is my hair. But unlike most guys, I like long hair.

My girlfriend will be the first to tell you I'm way too feminine, but I still don't get the shoes thing. I like to keep it simple.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Indeed!
    And what do you think about a guy in his early 20s wearing black basketball shoes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    None of us did, hold your horses.
    Then why are tons of people constantly saying "we got the game client from GW2 beta"!!!??

/cry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    And what do you think about a guy in his early 20s wearing black basketball shoes?
    Dunno. Id need not only the shoes, but the whole outfit and the rest of his looks to be able to make an impression. Dont we all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed!
    You're weird.

I look at hair first and foremost, it's rather hard not to!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You're weird.

*shrugs* guess Im weird then. Each to his/her own

You're weird.

I honestly hardly ever notice shoes. XD

Head > Torso > Legs > Feet

Anyone find any guild recruitment threads that are worth perusing?

Quote Originally Posted by Harradrane View Post
    Anyone find any guild recruitment threads that are worth perusing?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ild-Wars-Guild

Just saying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Well...it's not just the shoes, I have black high-tops...it's the fact that the shoes paint a brush stroke that adds more information about the whole picture - sometimes it can be just another stroke...but sometimes it can be quite powerful and realigns the rest of the painting.

For instance - say there's a guy in a really expensive business suit...but he's wearing really old and muddy shoes. There's a story there...there's something going on that you can't just see from the surface.

To be fair, I had my own psychotherapy practice for years and am deeply fascinated by this kind of thing...

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 07:32 PM ----------

You're weird.

You would think - it would be as hard for us to not notice your shoes as it would be for you to not notice some persons hair...

Well...it's not just the shoes, I have black high-tops...it's the fact that the shoes paint a brush stroke that adds more information about the whole picture - sometimes it can be just another stroke...but sometimes it can be quite powerful and realigns the rest of the painting.

For instance - say there's a guy in a really expensive business suit...but he's wearing really old and muddy shoes. There's a story there...there's something going on that you can't just see from the surface.

To be fair, I had my own psychotherapy practice for years and am deeply fascinated by this kind of thing...
    ^ Absolutely. Haggerty gets it. Shoes are telling of one's tidiness, social status and attention to detail.

Obvs. I will notice other aspects of a man's appearance, but his shoes do not go unnoticed.

Deleted
    460k subs on facebook here's the art: http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/7092056785/

"For hitting the 460,000 fan milestone, we give you some gorgeous concept art of Eir: "This piece by concept artist Jamie Ro shows the iconic norn heroine Eir Stegalkin making an underwater discovery." " - Guild Wars 2 (ArenaNet)

I love the tattoos.