Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Awesome! Do I just post on the thread to get an invite?? I like the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Harradrane View Post
    Awesome! Do I just post on the thread to get an invite?? I like the idea
    There's a lot of people, and the thread has stopped updating the member list. So I guess just post in the thread to say hi and when the game is released there will be a lot of invitations to people who PM in game. @_@

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    You would think - it would be as hard for us to not notice your shoes as it would be for you to not notice some persons hair...
    No, because you have to look down at the ground to see a person's feet. It's rude to not look a person in the eyes!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    No, because you have to look down at the ground to see a person's feet. It's rude to not look a person in the eyes!
    I just stare at their chest.

What a lovely collarbone you have!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I love the way the hair is made

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Heck yea. I don't "buy the guys don't care about footwear" thing. Some men probably be apprehensive about admitting such depending on their upbringing. Deep down, I think men are as vain[er!] as women when it comes to appearance. ;d
    Absolutely!

I think in some cases it uses different channels - but the same core drive exists in all of us. A guy might scoff at shoes - but try very (too) hard to appear "masculine", or obsess about his physique or always have a quick one-liner or a million other things....a lot of them related to physical appearance in one way or another. We're a social species...

Quote Originally Posted by larynx View Post
    i just stare at their chest.

What a lovely collarbone you have!
    DAT CLAVICLE!

caps

I've been trying for days to get the prepurchase CE but every store is sold out :'( insert "sad panda pic here"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You would think :-)

I can take in your footwear from across the room and in a microsecond. It's not like we're having a conversation and I'm just looking at your feet the whole time...the chances are, you won't even notice - unless you're wired the same way.

As for looking a person in the eyes - in my experience, that's something that gets very creepy, very quick ha!

There have been studies conducted that suggest the shoes are one of, if not the most important aspect of your outfit. On the other hand the first features that you notice when meeting someone for the first time tend to be the eyes or mouth (smile).

Ahem... I think we're a bit off topic. So WvW, how many are going to dedicate a character to it full time in the upcoming BWE?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    We're getting along ok.... for now
    Yeah, yeah :-) I know for a fact that if we were all in a GW2 dungeon we'd all have each others back.

This is just the boredom before war - and there will be war :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roflatorlunde View Post
    ...glorious. Eir is the biggest reason why I'm having trouble deciding between a male or female norn first.

also, not entirely unrelated (EoD silliness/spoilers, although I think I'm one of the last people actually getting around to reading that silly book):

[url]http://i40.tinypic.com/34xhu8z.png[/url]
    Last edited by Milanor; 2012-04-19 at 07:22 PM.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    There have been studies conducted that suggest the shoes are one of, if not the most important aspect of your outfit. On the other hand the first features that you notice when meeting someone for the first time tend to be the eyes or mouth (smile).
    Definitely - I think there're levels of engagement...the observations I make from 20 feet away aren't the same ones as I'd make if we were face-to-face...it's just layers of information. Reciprocally, if, say, at a party I'd turned around and you'd been right there and we'd chatted - I'd have taken in your face (and obviously the conversation)...seen the rest of you peripherally...but wouldn't feel as if I'd had a "complete picture" until I'd had a "complete picture", as it were.

Ahem... I think we're a bit off topic. So WvW, how many are going to dedicate a character to it full time in the upcoming BWE?
    Do you mean, like an exclusive WvW? If so, I don't think I will...in other games I get *close* to a character and want to play them through...in all ways. I've certainly decided on classes etc based upon my desire to want to PvP(E)...I wanted to experience the frost mage PvP - but enjoy using the mechanics and going on adventures in all circumstances.

Mesmer and Rogue deeply appeal to me right now...and I want to explore and learn and grow with all of it...

In summary, I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm more character-orientated than functionally orientated...

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you mean, like an exclusive WvW? If so, I don't think I will...in other games I get *close* to a character and want to play them through...in all ways. I've certainly decided on classes etc based upon my desire to want to PvP(E)...I wanted to experience the frost mage PvP - but enjoy using the mechanics and going on adventures in all circumstances.

Mesmer and Rogue deeply appeal to me right now...and I want to explore and learn and grow with all of it...

In summary, I suppose what I'm saying is that I'm more character-orientated than functionally orientated...
    OH SNAP

GOIN ROGUE AND GOIN ON ADVENTURES

:P

I'm thinkin' of actually having my second or third character be the same race as one of the prior ones and having them be mostly a WvW character. As for class...I have no freakin' clue. Engineer and Necromancer both sound pretty sweet for both small and large-scale PvP shenanigans.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

I've seen a lot of people talk about leveling up exclusively by playing WvW, that's not anything I'd ever do as I want to get all the personal story/dynamic event fun with each character I level as well. I feel like you're kinda missing out by doing that even if WvW is pure awesome (which I think it will be). I'm not judging, just wondering if anyone wants to put ANet's words to the test and see how plausible the WvW-exclusive character is.

Content scaling. You miss out on nothing by leveling.

Content scaling. You miss out on nothing by leveling.
    Unless I'm reading too much into it these players are not planning on doing any standard PvE content once they get out of the tutorial area and can hit the Mists.

Unless I'm reading too much into it these players are not planning on doing any standard PvE content once they get out of the tutorial area and can hit the Mists.
    Yes, but there is no disadvantage or missing out if they do either way.

Yes, but there is no disadvantage or missing out if they do either way.
    They still miss PvE DEs and some Personal Story, no? Unless by "missing out" you mean "gear".

Also: dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're not interested in any of that, they're not missing out on anything.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.