http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/live...s-reddit-iama/

You will gain exp and loot during wvw so you can level up in WvW all the way to 80.
    Items and gold can be looted from players so if you die you will have to repair, but you will also be earning currency to offset those repair costs. You will not be looting actual items from enemy inventory, rather getting drops from a loot table like you would from a mob.
    The same loot you get from killing mobs. I’ve gotten quite a few rare drops from players in the beta already
    When you kill someone you get gold or even sometimes items.
    Our goal is for the rate of XP, and loot gain to be similar in WvW and PvE. It will never be exactly the same but it should be close enough that you don’t feel disadvantaged by playing one vs the other.
    Is Loot Scaled To Level? Confirm or Deny…

Confirm

Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    They still miss PvE DEs and some Personal Story, no? Unless by "missing out" you mean "gear".

Also: dungeons.
    No missing out because they can always go back and participate in the content scaled down

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

They still miss PvE DEs and some Personal Story, no? Unless by "missing out" you mean "gear".

Nah, you get cash and items in PVP roughly equal to PVE. Also if they want to do PVE DE, dungeons and so on- they can go PVE at their leisure. PVE DEs happen in WvW too.

Edit: Or Grandpab already covered it. Sigh. I am sorta doing a million things at once today.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    I don't see what's so surprising about that? I agree, graphics are easily one of the least important things about a game for me. A shit game that looks pretty (and there are tons of examples of this) doesn't interest me in the slightest.
    I love beauty (by definition?)...and I also love "the game".

Sometimes they come together...sometimes they don't...if "a game" had *only* beauty then it wouldn't be "the game" - I have never bought a game because it promised to give me a beauty experience...but I do enjoy the beauty experiences of games.

If a "game" was *just* a beauty experience...would it be a game?

Depends on your definition of "game"...but I think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Loot Scaled To Level? Confirm or Deny…

Confirm
    Most important part of the message imo.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Milanor View Post
    OH SNAP

GOIN ROGUE AND GOIN ON ADVENTURES

:P

I'm thinkin' of actually having my second or third character be the same race as one of the prior ones and having them be mostly a WvW character. As for class...I have no freakin' clue. Engineer and Necromancer both sound pretty sweet for both small and large-scale PvP shenanigans.
    Rogues = adventures :-) That's why they've called "rogues" :-)

Ooooh, the engineer looks like fun and total mayhem!

For PvP, I love tricky and slippery...I wanna mess with your head, I wanna give you a hard time...

---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 10:38 PM ----------

Well, yeah - but...that's not missing out.

I mean...if I go to a restaurant and order steak, and love it...I'm not missing out on the other things on the menu. I'm just making a decision about what I want to eat...and I enjoy my time there.

People can choose for themselves what experiences they want to have...and do what they place most value on.

If they logged on to the game and were bored - but refused to try new, recommended, things...that could be missing out - which is to say, there is an experience you could be having that agrees with you more...

Does that make sense?

Our goal is for the rate of XP, and loot gain to be similar in WvW and PvE. It will never be exactly the same but it should be close enough that you don’t feel disadvantaged by playing one vs the other
    Oh my god... might just level all the way in WvWvW
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Oh my god... might just level all the way in WvWvW
    It's very tempting indeed...

Will you be able to get skill points when you level (As in do you get like 1 point per level in addition to challenges)? that would be the only thing that stops me from leveling purely in it. I want to have all my utilities as son as possible.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

http://www.arena.net/blog/the-beta-w...vent-is-coming

As suspected no Asura or Sylvari...however Lions Arch is gonna be available =)

Guildcast in 10 minutes woooo, and Parks and Rec is gonna be on half way through Guildcast...whyyyyy!!!
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-04-20 at 12:56 AM.

Deleted
    What rascals!

I want to play *now*!

So it seems to me, it starts 7pm London time...and ends, I don't know, 7am Monday morning...so I need to take Monday off work...

But hang on...we're on BST not GMT....so that means replace all 7's with 8's....

Got it....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    What rascals!

I want to play *now*!

So it seems to me, it starts 7pm London time...and ends, I don't know, 7am Monday morning...so I need to take Monday off work...

But hang on...we're on BST not GMT....so that means replace all 7's with 8's....

Got it....
    IMO, stock up on 5 hour energy, and call in late to work if your job starts too soon to get there on time after servers shut down at 8am.

Then again, I found nothing has any effect once you've been awake for a certain number of hours...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    IMO, stock up on 5 hour energy, and call in late to work if your job starts too soon to get there on time after servers shut down at 8am.

Then again, I found nothing has any effect once you've been awake for a certain number of hours...
    I'll be fine...I can kinda come and go as I please...I'll do a work-at-home or just take the day...my leave year resets in a few weeks anyway and I was saving a few for pure gaming weekends...whatever, I'm sorted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Will you be able to get skill points when you level (As in do you get like 1 point per level in addition to challenges)? that would be the only thing that stops me from leveling purely in it. I want to have all my utilities as son as possible.
    Yes, you get one skill point each level from level 5 and onwards.

I just got a reminder to register my account - which I already have. Did anyone else get this?

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    I just got a reminder to register my account - which I already have. Did anyone else get this?
    If it's not from noreply@guildwars2.com...

Then uh... yeah, I just shouldn't have to even begin that train of thought. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Yeah I did a few hours ago.

So for anyone else that watched tonights Guildcast, the "open world dungeons" that Elizabeth was talking about, is that basically just like a cave with a dynamic event in it, or is it something we haven't seen before?

Deleted
    Looks like I've missed some ratings.

Games:
    Gameplay = Story > Aesthetics > Graphical quality

It's important to make a distinction between aesthetics and graphical quality. A game can look great in aesthetics even though it's not Crysis 2-realism. I could never play a game without story, and I value story and gameplay equally.

People:
    Face > head > decorations (jewelry, tattoos, so on) > torso > extremities (legs and arms) > clothing.
    I wear shoes. It keeps my socks from getting dirty. That, and them being comfortable, is all I care about in shoes (apart from specific situations, like using rubber boots in marshlands), so I'll wear pretty much whatever.