Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Where could you access the trading post when on the road? I know you could list it by right clicking, but what about buying?
    Opening the commerce tab. (gem button, top left. Also O key by default.)
    Don't think you could buy and have, think you had to go to a trading post NPC to actually pick up items you had bought.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Don't think you could buy and have, think you had to go to a trading post NPC to actually pick up items you had bought.
    Yeah, same for getting your gold for selling something. You need to pick up gold collected from sales and items you've bought at a trading post.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Yeah, but it's not like getting to the trading posts were difficult with waypoints

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Not sure why that could be, mail is supposed to be instant.
    Would be fun if there was a minimal chance for getting a sick or fat mailcarrier-bird to carry your mail, making it go slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniko View Post
    Well, it was an issue, when I was playing with my roommate (most of the time), got a good item for him, but wasn't able to give it. I tried mailing it, but the mail always arrived much later, mostly when we had already switched to different characters. Could have been just a problem with busy servers though, will see in the future.
    This may sound extremely silly, but were you checking your mailbox as soon as it was sent?
    I noticed that the actual mail icon was not telling me that I had mail if someone in my party and nearby sent it, it seemed that the game figured I knew that the person there was sending me mail and didn't have to remind me.
    Not sure why that's the case, and it is most likely a bug.

Deleted
    In that case, I shall just blame my roommate, ha!

So, I keep having this nagging feeling that something was missing about the ranger profession, and that some other profession would be more my playstyle, but I don't know which one that would be, and I had to be level 15 to get a true feeling about the profession, and if my little sister hadn't had her birthday party on Saturday, I might have gotten 2 profession up in these levels. Is there anyone who found a fast way to "test" if you liked the feel of the profession?

the "Auction House" feature is just AWFUL. it makes GTN look good, in comparison.

lol, did i touch something wrong, did i hurt your feelings.

i just pointed out that there's one feature in this game that sucks, you dont agree then cry me a river

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    the "Auction House" feature is just AWFUL. it makes GTN look good, in comparison.
    Just from watching vids of how it works it looks like one of the best trading systems I've seen in a game...

...why do you think it's awful? It seems to have the best features of eve, plus more, and all kinds of handy market analysis and easy to use and time saving features (that for example wow had to rely on addons to deliver)

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Just from watching vids of how it works it looks like one of the best trading systems I've seen in a game...

...why do you think it's awful? It seems to have the best features of eve, plus more, and all kinds of handy market analysis and easy to use and time saving features (that for example wow had to rely on addons to deliver)

yeah it sounded good on the videos until i had a go with it, i hope its not its last iteration and they chnage it to be more streamline, all i can say is try yourself.

in all MMO's i've played over the last 10years, the AH is were i spend most of my time, gw2 is just not good enough.

i love the statistic part of it, i really do, but the rest is not what i would expect from a 2012 MMO.

Rest of the game lives up to the hype to be perfectly honest, but not the trader

yeah it sounded good on the videos until i had a go with it, i hope its not its last iteration and they chnage it to be more streamline, all i can say is try yourself.

in all MMO's i've played over the last 10years, the AH is were i spend most of my time, gw2 is just not good enough.

i love the statistic part of it, i really do, but the rest is not what i would expect from a 2012 MMO.

Rest of the game lives up to the hype to be perfectly honest, but not the trader
    Worldwide market with a buy order system AS WELL AS a very good and convenient bid system, that you can use anywhere in the game world?
    I don't know. Took me all of .5 seconds to figure out and use properly.
    I'd love a description of what you mean by it needing to be 'more streamline', I can't think of a better MMO market from any MMO I've personally played. (I have not played EVE. Have heard amazing things about their market, but have not personally played.)

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    No you posted some nonsense without specifying what exactly gripe you had it, basically you seem like a whiner, and then you used acronyms which I suppose most people have no idea about as your only example.

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 04:23 PM ----------

So basically you aren't really spending your time actually playing the game, why don't you play some stock market simulation game instead?
    *snip*

---------- Post added 2012-04-30 at 03:26 PM ----------

[/COLOR]for your information, i actually sent a very long feedback post to the people that matter, and you clearly are not one them, and i dont have to explain myself to you.

Please don't call others fanboys (even through pictures). Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-04-30 at 04:15 PM.

I thought the AH was very easy to use. The option to "place a order" and have someone fill it was amazing. All in all i thought the game was a ton of fun. Cant wait til next beta to see where they go with everything.

For your information, i actually sent a very long feedback post to the people that matter, and you clearly are not one them, and i dont have to explain myself to you.
    I'm sure you're right.
    We're completely illogical fanboys for asking why you think something isn't "streamlined" enough when you gave absolutely no reason why and no one else had complaints about it. (From what I've seen. I've heard nothing but praise for the marketplace, and have nothing but praise for it from using it.)

Not being streamlined enough would generally mean that a feature somewhere was hard to use, correct?
    If you're the only one complaining about it, perhaps you were just unable to figure out how to use it properly and requesting the help of someone in local chat would have been a better alternative to bashing?

clearly, there's no point for me to continue to post more about this matter.

i found it awful, i provide feedback to ANet, problem solved.

i very happy for you guys that think its good the way it is, so lets leave it like this.

clearly, there's no point for me to continue to post more about this matter.

i found it awful, i provide feedback to ANet, problem solved.

i very happy for you guys that think its good the way it is, so lets leave it like this.
    "The trading post is terrible."
    "How so?"
    "I don't need to tell you, loser. I told Anet. You don't matter. Fanboy."
    Great way to win internet arguments.

Moving on..
    I want another BWE.

Woah, I should know better than to go out for breakfast, it seems. I'm astounded that out of all the complaints anybody might be able to plausibly have, it would be about the Trading Post, which is absolutely brilliant. Like... there's opinions and criticisms, and then there's straight up head scratchers; I literally cannot think of anything wrong with the auction system.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Woah, I should know better than to go out for breakfast, it seems. I'm astounded that out of all the complaints anybody might be able to plausibly have, it would be about the Trading Post, which is absolutely brilliant. Like... there's opinions and criticisms, and then there's straight up head scratchers; I literally cannot think of anything wrong with the auction system.
    And apparently asking for a reason is too much to ask for.
    Oh well, in this situation the subject is best changed.

I got to play 7 proffessions to level 10-15 each, and my god is it hard to pick 1 i love the most (did not get to try elementalist).

Mesmer, Warrior, Guardian, ranger and necromancer is the 5 i loved the most to play, Engineer and thief was not me.

The playstyle for each profession is so far from eachother as it could be, which is a very good thing.

The DE's was quite fun to do, and exploring was so rewarding.

The weekend was to short though.

Meh, just don't answer him anymore then, it's fine he does not like a feature, but he is being a dick.