Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    So Peters basically said what I said in a few threads; keep moving, use terrain, build smart, keep the camera in constant motion. Sick of these Anet guys stealing my tips. Pfft.
    I've played MMOs for years with both hands on the keyboard during combat (swiftly moving mouse when needed)...I'm not sure that's gonna work out so well for me though. Have dusted my G13 down and am gonna do some intense mouse-cam training.

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 08:04 PM ----------

That reminds me of something that made me chuckle over the weekend...

So, I'm all for the increased social gaming experience...I love it, of course I do...but - I found myself cursing the helpfulness of strangers slightly when I wanted to get my head around how effective each skill was, and how to use them. Every time I opened up on something three people would appear and help me take it down..."gaaaaaaa - I just want to explode a clone!".

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Or can fire into the air/wall/whatever when you don't have a target, omg imagine that!

From that list posted earlier it seems several (not all) are UI issues, which is a choice by ANet to make the players watch the world rather than the UI. I don't even see the need for a target-of-target window, when attacks will hit *anyone in the way*! Don't want to get hit? Don't stand in the path of the sword/hammer/axe/arrow/fire/frost/lightning/earth/jaws/did I miss anything?
    That's not very practical or clear. Esp. in large groups- you often get hit by mobs from all sides without any clarity on what is firing at you specifically. Highly doubt there is a player in the world so skilled at the game they can pick out which mobs are aggro'd to them in a DE such as the crossroads being overrun with a large group of 30 or so.

What's hitting me? Everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question: If I cancel my annual pass AFTER D3 is released (which is in two weeks)...

Do I get to keep it? *fidget*

Guild Wars 2 has done what my girlfriend has tried to do for the past 5 years: caused me to be completely bored of WoW.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

That's not very practical or clear. Esp. in large groups- you often get hit by mobs from all sides without any clarity on what is firing at you specifically. Highly doubt there is a player in the world so skilled at the game they can pick out which mobs are aggro'd to them in a DE such as the crossroads being overrun with a large group of 30 or so.

What's hitting me? Everything.
    Right but at the same time, target-of-target is only going to tell you what your target is targetting, not what is targetting you, so you'd have to tab through EVERYTHING to find what's attacking you. I could see them making it so you auto-target something if you don't have a target and it's attacking you though (if they don't already do that, I didn't actually notice this weekend)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    One thing I will miss from WoW: Nameplates. I used the Tidy Plates mod, and I had it set to show the HP in different colors based on whether or not they were targeting me.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    One thing I will miss from WoW: Nameplates. I used the Tidy Plates mod, and I had it set to show the HP in different colors based on whether or not they were targeting me.
    Yep nameplates and UI scale at least would be nice to have.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Deleted
    Question: If I cancel my annual pass AFTER D3 is released (which is in two weeks)...
    no they take d3 than too - i asked them on telephon^^

Do I get to keep it? *fidget*
    I doubt it. I suspect they'll remove the game from your BN and force you to go buy the box to add another live copy to your account. Can you even 'cancel' an annual pass now?

Deleted
    you cant cancel annual pass

only way is you get your account banned - but dunno - maby have to pay than too for the year

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Right but at the same time, target-of-target is only going to tell you what your target is targetting, not what is targetting you, so you'd have to tab through EVERYTHING to find what's attacking you. I could see them making it so you auto-target something if you don't have a target and it's attacking you though (if they don't already do that, I didn't actually notice this weekend)
    That;s not how you use ToT effectively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I doubt it. I suspect they'll remove the game from your BN and force you to go buy the box to add another live copy to your account. Can you even 'cancel' an annual pass now?
    You can stop paying the monthly subscription.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    you cant cancel annual pass
    Yes you can - you just stop paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    I doubt it. I suspect they'll remove the game from your BN and force you to go buy the box to add another live copy to your account.
    Maybe I'll just ask Blizz support. ^_^

That;s not how you use ToT effectively.
    I know how to use ToT effectively, but it's not effective to use it (in a huge mass of targets) to pinpoint just what's hitting you. And as I said a few posts earlier, something might be targeting your friend standing beside you but hitting you, and ToT wouldn't help you find that out.

---------- Post added 2012-05-01 at 03:41 PM ----------

Yes you can - you just stop paying for it.
    Or call them and give them a sob story about losing your job or some such

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

You could also look at where stuff is flying from.
    In GW(original) infusers would look at animations to determine what friendly person was being aimed at. That requires skill, looking at a healthbar change colours is a very inactive way to do the same thing.
    Yet a game is supposed to challenge you.

This happens in all MMO's and WoW greatly suffered from it, people think you actually need addons to play the game. People think you need x or y z to since it's handy. I don't recall the add-on name but the one that bliz made sure wouldn't work anymore since that wasn't intended. (it was showcased with festergut and showed harmfull areas on the ground)
    People frowned upon that addon yet loads of people used it.
    Same with insta travel vs fp, you don't need it it's a lazy way of doing it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You could also look at where stuff is flying from.
    Not easy when there's 15 centaur in the area from content scaled up to match the 20 people in your area, with fancy magic effects flying both ways. In fact, I'd argue it was downright impossible.

Just watched a WvW Keep siege by Team Legacy and i have to say "THAT IS HOW YOU DO WORLD PVP"

That was fucking amazing. Real strategy no mindless zerg. They infiltrated section by section it was really fun to watch. I just hope w.e server i roll on one of the guilds i join will be a WvW focused guild and i want to experience what Team Legacy did.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped paying attention to it for a while, but did they ever get there official forums working? And how come it's not on the actual GW2 website?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I stopped paying attention to it for a while, but did they ever get there official forums working? And how come it's not on the actual GW2 website?
    Um, yeah, it's been working all weekend. O_o

Just go to forum.guildwars2.com

Not sure why it's not on the official site yet, but I bet that's because it's still in beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    It's forum.guildwars2.com. Seems like it's on the official site to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inora View Post
    think 2 problems on your side - my fps was fine

1. first win7 set gw2.exe in taskmanager always on lowest priority - you can rightclick and set it to high, was for me like 20-30 fps more in combat
    2. in known issues u can read overtakt CPU bring shitty performance - set it to normal and its fine

ye its not optimized now - gw2 use only 1 core and use not rly the gpu
    Yeah I noticed it was CPU heavy but I never thought about the priority for Win7. I will be doing that next beta, thanks for the tip.
    WoW Hunter WarriorPaladin Death Knight
    D3 Crusader
    Gw2 Lvl 80 Dragon Hunter, Lvl 80 Warrior, Lvl 80 Revenant
    Bnet GrapeSoda#1671
    Gw2 GrapeSoda.5980
    Hit me up, let's play.