I was on FoW (eu) and didn't have any lag, I did however get the "this zone is full... message" but I could still play fine.
    Anyone has any cool stories from the BWE?
    Personally I was questing around the 18lvl mark when someone playing guardian ran into a lot of centaurs and died pretty fast (there were 7-8 of them) after he had killed 2.
    I kited for 5hours with my ranger but killed'm all and rezzed the poor fella.
    He says thanks, and runs straight in to die again. Pretty funny imo

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    My sarcasm detector just exploded! And it's built to withstand Asuran levels of sarcasm D:
    It doesn't help that you've now heard me in TS and know that I'm even more sarcastic than I am on the forums. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    My ganon avatar does not approve of your sarcasm! FEAR HIS TRIDENT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It is. College kids are not at school and generally MMO attendance drops off GREATLY during the summer months. MMOs are inherently about time investment. Just bad business and natural human reaction to do other things in the summer.
    I've definitely experienced the annual drop in guild attendance.

I guess what gives me pause for thought is (and I'm by no means certain that I'm not talking crap) that MMOs can get a lot of bad press if their servers etc melt, problems with authentication, accounts, billing, loot lag, last minute bugs, support can all cause a very bad stink...so launching at a quieter (but by no means empty) time of year could give a bit of breathing space. Also, because of the nature of an MMO - the company is playing the long game...they want people to be playing in 5 years time...so a more relaxed ramp up to begin with, smooth service, get a loyal initial following, get them to be saying positive things to their friends...go for the marketing campaign in the fall/Christmas when you know you have a solid offering...

Like I say, I could be talking crap...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    It doesn't help that you've now heard me in TS and know that I'm even more sarcastic than I am on the forums. D:
    I must say that the grinning charr avatar certainly helps portray the sarcasm in most of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallanna View Post
    I must say that the grinning charr avatar certainly helps portray the sarcasm in most of your posts.
    He approves of all of my posts.
    ALL OF THEM.
    That time I was wrong and Mif corrected me? My Charr approved of my post, not Mif's.

so does anyone know how many people actually participated in the beta aka Pre purchased the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    He approves of all of my posts.
    ALL OF THEM.
    That time I was wrong and Mif corrected me? My Charr approved of my post, not Mif's.
    'Charr approves! *thumbs up*'. Somehow, DA:O is now in my head.

Also,
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    so does anyone know how many people actually participated in the beta aka Pre purchased the game?
    No, but it would be nice to have a number of pre-purchases. However, some people at the beta had the PAX codes so not all of them were pre-purchases, so if they give us beta numbers they wouldn't be completely accurate.

Wait, that's a grinning Charr? I thought he had a mouthful of carrots... kinda how the Charr are ashamed to eat strawberries. What a f---ed up race.

Wait, that's a grinning Charr? I thought he had a mouthful of carrots... kinda how the Charr are ashamed to eat strawberries. What a f---ed up race.
    Not intentionally. It looked like more of a snarl in the original picture. I didn't realize how much of a grin it looked like until I was touching up the picture.
    Then I thought about it, realized he'd be looking at my posts and grinning, and went "That'll do pig. That'll do."

Deleted
    Charr are a silly race. They have four ears!

AND ARE CATS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Charr are THE BEST race. They have four ears!

AND ARE CATS.
    I kinda fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the lighting makes it look like his teeth are yellow.

Did you notice there is a lot of sexism and cultural bias against women in the Norn and Charr? They make mention of the fact the Sons of Svasdhgh don't respect women and the story even has them talking down to you if female. In the Carr story they mention how the BADGUY Legion resent and don't respect females.

I was like, "Assholes!" the whole time. Dunno. That stood out to me in those racial stories.

Deleted
    Did you notice there is a lot of sexism and cultural bias against women in the Norn and Charr? They make mention of the fact the Sons of Svasdhgh don't respect women and the story even has them talking down to you if female. In the Carr story they mention how the BADGUY Legion resent and don't respect females.

I was like, "Assholes!" the whole time. Dunno. That stood out to me in those racial stories.
    But you do have the counterpoint to that though. Norn women in normal society are respected like men, and Kalla Scorchrazor (I hope I spelled her name right!) in the charr basically kicked the flame legion back into its place, died but gave her 'sisters' respect again. She also has a giant freaking statue in the memorial area of the Black Citadel.
    Also both the sons of svanir and the flame legion are supposed to be assholes.

Personally - and although a friend of mine absolutely hated them - I love the charr race, and particularly the 'gender issues' that they had previously and seem to be over it.
    Seeing Kalla's statue was an amazing moment for me, I might have squee'd and taken a lot of pictures with my female charr just kneeling there.

10+ Year Old Account

Well the sons of svanir are weirdo cultists anyway, and flame legions are tards too. Just makes it more pleasurable when you kill them!

The Flame Legion have always enslaved their women and considered them not fit to fight, which was why the other legions were able to kick them off of their pedestal after realizing "Oh yeeeah. Women are kinda cool. And can fight as well as us". Think there was some big fight with a male imperator and a female who challenged him that made the other legions respect females again.
    800 males + 800 women VS 1000 males. Awwyeah, the lady charr beat teh flame legion.

(Yes, I realize it was just a given lore reason as to why there were no female Charr in GW1 likely written after the fact. I don't care, it was still a nice backstory and I liked it. Easier to feel connected to a race that has had to deal with discrimination and whatnot.)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm also curious as to what happens to the women that go to fight Jormag. The males always come back as icebrood to kill people, but the women never return. Curious curious me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'm also curious as to what happens to the women that go to fight Jormag. The males always come back as icebrood to kill people, but the women never return. Curious curious me.
    I'm assuming they kill them. Isn't that what they do to the weak? I can't see why, or where they'd keep them but now I'm quite curious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    The sudden realisation that Jormag is a tentacle-dragon.