Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Your future tense and past tense, it confuses me. Did you ever find a way? I believe it's impossible using the num pad, but I seem to remember doing it fine with the top number keys. Don't really need modifiers on the mouse anyway, never really took advantage of it.
    He may just no longer play WoW, hence the past tense on the first part.

The second part makes more sense than "though I'm sure there was a way." or "will be a way." to me. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    He may just no longer play WoW, hence the past tense on the first part.

The second part makes more sense than "though I'm sure there was a way." or "will be a way." to me. :\
    The past tense is that I stopped trying because I just use Shift/Alt/Ctrl on my keyboard anyways. I was mostly experimenting with it once to see if it could be done.

I just wish I could get a Nostromo. That would make re-binding F1-F4, weapon swap, and dodge... much easier.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

/latetothread.

Really looking forward to seeing this thing go live.

Sad that Monk is not in the game anymore. I had multiple monks leveled in GW1.

Interesting that paladin... er Guardian... is in there instead.

Going to be a tough call for me between Warrior and Guardian, for a Charr alt-male, er female, or whatever the thing they claim is female is...

Bless up and praise to the Most High Jah! Equal Rights and Justice
    MMO Blog: http://kichwas.wordpress.com/
    Political Diary: Jyotai @ Daily Kos | Rasta Music

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcady View Post
    /latetothread.

Really looking forward to seeing this thing go live.

Sad that Monk is not in the game anymore. I had multiple monks leveled in GW1.

Interesting that paladin... er Guardian... is in there instead.

Going to be a tough call for me between Warrior and Guardian, for a Charr alt-male, er female, or whatever the thing they claim is female is...
    Just because it doesn't have human-boobs, doesn't it mean it ain't female.... The current Charr female actually does seem more realistic, since their anatomy would've evolved more similar to cats.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

gw2 and my naga are currently set up like this for me
    1-5 normal keys, edsf movement
    naga : 1-3 = skills 7-9
    naga : 4-7 = atunements (takes over the Function keys basicly)
    naga : 8 = weaponswap
    naga : 10+11 = heal +elite

So depending on how it feels after having played the game seriously I've got 4buttons to bind on my naga atm

at whoever wanted to macro alt+1 in the naga. Why not just macro it into the game with modifiers, it's what I did and that worked fine.
    (i think there's also an addon specificly for ppl with a naga but i've never used it)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, those mice are 5600 dpi. I wonder if anyone legitimately needs that. o_O
    Nope. It's just a way to sell it to stupid people who think more must mean better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Nope. It's just a way to sell it to stupid people who think more must mean better.
    To be fair, the mouse is still good on it's own even without that. :P

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-p...aser-mouse-g9x

Hey look, 5700dpi, same price as the Naga, AND made JUST for CoD! Even better it "used to be" $20 more! Marketing is fun. <3
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-09 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here were my binds for GW2 BWE

On my Naga:
    Mouse Button 5 : Dodge
    Mouse Button 4 : Weapon Swap
    Num 1 : Weapon Skill 1
    Num 2 : Weapon Skill 2
    Num 3 : Weapon Skill 3
    Num 4 : Weapon Skill 4
    Num 5 : Weapon Skill 5

On my Keyboard:
    C : Self Heal
    Q : Utility Skill 1
    E : Utility Skill 2
    R : Utility Skill 3
    Z : Elite Skill
    1, 2, 3, 4 : Class Skills
    WASD :Strafe Left; Back Pedal; Strafe Right; Forward.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Here were my binds for GW2 BWE

On my Naga:
    Mouse Button 5 : Dodge
    Mouse Button 4 : Weapon Swap
    Num 1 : Weapon Skill 1
    Num 2 : Weapon Skill 2
    Num 3 : Weapon Skill 3
    Num 4 : Weapon Skill 4
    Num 5 : Weapon Skill 5

On my Keyboard:
    C : Self Heal
    Q : Utility Skill 1
    E : Utility Skill 2
    R : Utility Skill 3
    Z : Elite Skill
    1, 2, 3, 4 : Class Skills
    WASD :Strafe Left; Back Pedal; Strafe Right; Forward.
    You can bind modifiers as single keys by the way, so Z could be shift instead for example.

But anyways, I approve. Kind of similar to my binds, just you have a Razer naga is it's a lot easier.

I used Shift, S, and X for abilities in addition to what you have.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can bind modifiers as single keys by the way, so Z could be shift instead for example.

But anyways, I approve. Kind of similar to my binds, just you have a Razer naga is it's a lot easier.
    I bind the exact same way in WoW (Or any MMO for that matter that supports hotkeys). All Attack spells on the naga, all utility on the keyboard. Trinket Middle Mouse button, short CD buffs or stances on the 2 extra mouse buttons. lol
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Don't know about you, but when I enter a tank in BF3 and I am in the gunner seat, having higher DPI at the flip of a switch is really great since the game automatically lowers the speed at which you turn substantially. If I recall, just about every game that I have played (including the trebuchet and other siege engines in GW2) that has had this mechanic has benefited greatly from increased DPI mice.

I bind the exact same way in WoW. All Attack spells on the naga, all utility on the keyboard. Trinket Middle Mouse button, short CD buffs on the 2 extra mouse buttons. lol
    I really want a naga after this thread. >_<

---------- Post added 2012-05-09 at 03:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post
    Don't know about you, but when I enter a tank in BF and I am in the gunner seat, having higher DPI at the flip of a switch is really great since the game automatically lowers the speed at which you turn substantially. If I recall, just about every game that I have played (including the trebuchet and other siege engines in GW2) that has had this mechanic has benefited greatly from increased DPI mice.
    In Tribes it's like that with the vehicles, but I realized higher DPI didn't make them turn faster, they just turned really slow in general. The higher DPI just affected the aiming, but not movement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bind the exact same way in WoW (Or any MMO for that matter that supports hotkeys). All Attack spells on the naga, all utility on the keyboard. Trinket Middle Mouse button, short CD buffs or stances on the 2 extra mouse buttons. lol
    I pretty much just put all abilities on the mouse and only use keyboard for movement and modifier keys.

OKAY WE GET IT DRAKE YOU HAVE A BETTER MOUSE THAN ALL OF US.

/cries

10+ Year Old Account
    OKAY WE GET IT DRAKE YOU HAVE A BETTER MOUSE THAN ALL OF US.

/cries
    There there... $80 would solve all your troubles.

My troubles would take thousands. :<

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

You want to be a real boy?

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post

It must be nice to have money.... be nice to have shift modifiers instead...
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phishy714 View Post
    Don't know about you, but when I enter a tank in BF3 and I am in the gunner seat, having higher DPI at the flip of a switch is really great since the game automatically lowers the speed at which you turn substantially. If I recall, just about every game that I have played (including the trebuchet and other siege engines in GW2) that has had this mechanic has benefited greatly from increased DPI mice.
    That sounds like a way to cheat really.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-05-09 at 07:50 PM.

That sounds a way to cheat really.
    It's a clever use of game mechanics!

razor naga, and I prefer my 4th and 5th mouse buttons left of left click instead of behind the mouse wheel.
    indeed! im glad i own the old version. those 2 buttons BEHIND the scroll wheel.. wtf! who can click that