10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    But at no point during that video did they say "Endgame is 100% done" either, I'm just unsure what relevance it holds.
    So the point now is, Until Anet release something official that says oh hey guys yes rumor is true the game is not finished, we should just shut up and assume it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    So the point now is, Until Anet release something official that says oh hey guys yes rumor is true the game is not finished, we should just shut up and assume it is.
    We're not allowed to discuss possible rumors and the implication of said rumors until we're sure they are true..?
    It's not like we're sitting here going "PRE-PURCHASE CANCELLED, ENDGAME IS BROKENZ."

Well we will see what wee will see. ^^
    Even if it would contradict their "we release when we're done"-politic of the past a little bit, I'm not too worried about a not 100% finished game.
    I'm still playing TERA! I can handle unfinished games.

(And I'm too lazy to cancel my pre-purchase anyway!)
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-20 at 11:19 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    1. The accounts will have a system authenticator (digital and possibly physical) similar to WoW - official information will come out next week.

2. In case of account hacking the account may be restored to their prior state before the intrusion.
    We already knew both of them.

Also i found the "source" of the Stress Test rumor,
    Clearer source
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-20 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    No MMO is ever finished, the game is always changing, upgrading. You won't be paying for a sub, just for the game (which will be giving you the same amount of hours in offline games), so really no reason for anyone to whinge.

Deleted
    I don't know if the sarcasm is just lost on me over twitter, but is there actually a stress test or are they being satirical?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    I don't know if the sarcasm is just lost on me over twitter, but is there actually a stress test or are they being satirical?
    That's what GW2status.com believes, and I don't think they'd risk their reputation unless they had a good source.

Deleted
    Oh, oh my.

Deleted
    Doesn't the whole "We're not 100% done with endgame" kinda contradict what they have said about endgame in previous interviews?

How many pre purchases and pre orders do they have btw any estimates?

End game is kinda relevant i think without having read to much about the game i have read that it takes a really long time to ding 80 so i am not to fuzzed about it. We ll see when we get there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    All that they have said about that, is that they are very happy with the sales numbers my guess would be between 2-3 million so far.
    Last edited by mmoc2f42a3101f; 2012-08-20 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post

End game is kinda relevant i think without having read to much about the game i have read that it takes a really long time to ding 80 so i am not to fuzzed about it. We ll see when we get there.
    I'm guessing at least 500k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    I'm guessing at least 500k.
    Wee bit more than that

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.vgchartz.com/preorders/

says 211k preorders (non-digital) in US.

While it's not a very reliable source for total preorders, I would assume digital sales to be higher than that for the US, say 300k

Also, GW1 was more popular in europe, and I assume gw2 will be as well, so let's add another 600k total.

I'm guessing about 1.1-1.2 million, and I base that on no reliable sources whatsoever
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Wee bit more than that
    Your guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Rather View Post
    Have any of you expirienced that playing a ranged like necromancer or what ever being lot more fluid than melee orientated specs? i had really hard time playing thief while necromancer was like a glove

Allso HOW CAN ONE GET RID OF BANANA FLIES/ FLOWER FLIES
    Hmm, i didn't like the thief way of melee either, but when i did it on a mesmer, warrior, guardian and ranger it all felt fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your guess?
    Decoding order numbers from buy.guildwars2.com gives around 1.4 to 1.5 million (albeit including GW1 cash shop purchases, but that's not that many). Assuming 500k box copies worldwide isn't a stretch seeing as it's number 1 on Amazon in every country, and you're looking at 2 million.
    Last edited by Mif; 2012-08-20 at 11:57 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Decoding order numbers from buy.guildwars2.com gives around 1.4 to 1.5 million (albeit including GW1 cash shop purchases, but that's not that many). Assuming 500k box copies worldwide isn't a stretch seeing as it's number 1 on Amazon in every country, and you're looking at 2 million.
    Not taking into account the people buying the day it comes out right? These numbers are purely pre-order/pre-purchase?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not taking into account the people buying the day it comes out right? These numbers are purely pre-order/pre-purchase?
    Yep.

I'll also reiterate the point that those numbers are all tinfoil hat work and not even in the same hemisphere as reputable.

Your guess?
    They said sometime ago that their pre-purchase goal was 1m. And that was a high estimate.

B4 even BWE2 they said that exceeded all their hopes for pre-purchases and had to increase server capacity.
    There's no official figures...but it's clear it's already over 1m.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-20 at 12:03 PM.