10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see this posted anywhere it might have just been up http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/twilight-arbor/.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, you can get gems from the paid tournaments?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Its so cute how geeky Anet is about their game :P Almost like the entire staff would do Magic: The Gathering tournaments in their spare time.

I wish I could work in a company like that, but alas, seeing as I know jack about programming, there's no way I can do that. =/ bummer.
    I agree - as a developer I cant help but be envious of the ANet devs. A place with that kind of company philosophy and spirit would be my dream job!

When I was at university I kinda thought that thats what most dev jobs were like...

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 06:41 PM ----------

"Phantasms will no longer be replaced by new illusions if there is a Clone that can be replaced instead"

Yum!

Someone has done a good unboxing of the GW2 CE:

Can't wait till I get mine

I'll refuse to watch that, I want mine first :>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aluano View Post
    Someone has done a good unboxing of the GW2 CE:

Can't wait till I get mine
    I watched a video of someone unboxing it earlier, it really looks amazing. I am super jealous, it's sooo much bigger than I was expecting.

Deleted
    I want the boooooooooook

Deleted
    Is there a stress test later today or something? I just seen a tweet saying there's a test later.

Im new to the GW2 scene I have no clue how they run things I just pre purchased the game today.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Is there a stress test later today or something? I just seen a tweet saying there's a test later.

Im new to the GW2 scene I have no clue how they run things I just pre purchased the game today.
    Stress test in 30 minutes
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-08-21 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    I want the boooooooooook
    The book's the bet part imo.

Is there a way to level up in GW2 skipping the events? I mean, I know they're fun, but a friend of mine, curious about the game, asked me if events were optional, or a demanded part of the game.

I didn't knew what to answer, seeing as your personal story is just a handful of quests (a quest-chain of about 10 quests tops every 10 levels, that's not exactly a lot) and the wiki lists that there are 350 Renowned hearts on the game (the closest equivalent of quests outside of your personal story).

Is it possible to level up, at a reasonably fast speed, skipping the events entirely? or you just HAVE to hop from event to event?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Well honestly I think the best way to level is to forget about leveling. That seems to bring a checklist mentality to it. If you get rid of the checklist and just play and explore, the leveling will take care of itself.

With that said, I'm sure you could level without doing the dynamic events but I would think it would be harder to avoid doing them then just doing some accidentally.

Jesus these 20 minutes are too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Jesus these 20 minutes are too slow.
    And worse will it be after the event ends and we have to wait till launch

(Unless there's another stress test )

Is there a way to level up in GW2 skipping the events? I mean, I know they're fun, but a friend of mine, curious about the game, asked me if events were optional, or a demanded part of the game.

I didn't knew what to answer, seeing as your personal story is just a handful of quests (a quest-chain of about 10 quests tops every 10 levels, that's not exactly a lot) and the wiki lists that there are 350 Renowned hearts on the game (the closest equivalent of quests outside of your personal story).

Is it possible to level up, at a reasonably fast speed, skipping the events entirely? or you just HAVE to hop from event to event?
    Your get xp from: Gathering, crafting, killing (grinding), renown hearts, DEs, WvW, personal story, exploration...did I miss any?
    So if you don't want to do DEs, you still have 7 other methods of getting xp. Of course, renown hearts and personal story are one-shot experience boosts, so you can't level purely on them. But that still leaves 5 other repeatable methods of gaining experience.

But in reality, if you try to avoid events, you're missing out on a lot of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Well events are the vast majority of content and the ones that provide the most experience.

But there is crafting, renown hearts, WvW fights (Arrowcart can powerlevel fast), Killstreak boost rampage, exploring and personal story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind people if you buy the discounted copy of GW2 from green man gaming and you key says it's already been used then it most likely has there's been stories of GMG giving the same keys out twice.

I'm sure you can attempt to do it that way. I'm not sure why you would, but sure. You can skip hearts if you want, those are by no means necessary, you will end up completing some anyways just doing random events anyways. I don't know if you can skip ALL events, that kinda kills the entire reason to play PvE, for me at least. It would be hard to NOT to complete at least a few events just killing random mobs out in the world.

Of course, you could always level up solely in WvW. Those are still events (taking keep, defending keeps, supply caravans etc...) but it's something you'd be doing anyways regardless.

A-net has even come out and said that you could lvl 1-80 only through crafting if you wanted to.
    Last edited by Bluedragonwolf; 2012-08-21 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    The book's the best part imo.
    Indeed, I love those books.
    Although, there's some other cool stuff in it too.

So happy I got that, can't wait to get mine, will be mine within the 25. and 28. if the retailer is to believe.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-08-21 at 06:54 PM.

Well, maybe I should had explained better. I'm pretty sure the events are fun, and I'm also pretty sure that getting rid of the "I must level up" mindset is the first step in just getting in the game and enjoying it (much like how we rarely care what level we are in skyrim, we just plunge into this virtual world and enjoy it in all its glory)

However, and this was the "armor-piercing question" by my friend: What about alts?

After you've leveled your 6th character to 80, the whole "shiny and new" perspective is gone, adn you just want that sucker on the level cap ASAP so you can get back to your main (In the case that you are like us, and just NEEDS to have 1 of each class at the cap, regardless of which one is your main)

So yeah, we could forget about leveling and just enjoy the world, but eventually (roughly by the 6th alt) its gonna boil down to "get this toon to the cap as fast as you can" and since events can't be rushed................ there is a valid point on whether or not there is an alternative way to level up.

It happened to me before, with the revamped vanilla zones in cataclysm, (Specially zones like silverpine and redridge) I was having so much fun, I essentially forgot I was leveling up and just immersed myself on the story. But by the sixth alt I just wanted to blaze through it all.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)