Deleted
    Should I "level" up my computer? I got now Pentium III and nvidia 4200 graphic card. Im getting steady 50fps in GW2, but im not sure if it's enough.
    Last edited by mmoc08bbbf072a; 2012-08-26 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    People seem to get very angry whenever I mention something about WoW. It's like they have a personal vendetta against the game. Too funny.
    I don't think its funny, but there does seem to be an anti-wow vibe in the air, maybe not from "all" the users, but from many, its like there's this doorman at the entrance of the forum handling these cards and saying "Welcome to the club, here's your wow-hating card, don't lose it or we'll have to kick you out"

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    why are you mentioning WoW anyway
    just play the goddamn game
    Its innevitable, lets look aside at the moment that wow is the largest MMO out there, (And thus, any game hoping to make it in the market, one way or another IS competing against it) this is a wow fansite, and as such, plenty of new GW2 players, or POTENTIAL GW2 players, also inevitably come from wow.

Treating them like lepers, and spitting on wow as if its a living breathing insult to you and your family isn't exactly the most "welcoming" attitude.

I agree that game vs game discussions are better left for vent sessions, and in-game chats, in forums they almost never end well. But harmless comparisons (That don't focus on which one is superior) shouldn't be treated with such a scorn.

Granted, the hate comes from both sides of the fence. I've also seen too many wow fans act with spite to any competing MMO out there, and be dicks about it if said MMO doesn't make it (Just look at how many bile-soaked posts were placed in the SWTOR forums when the game announced it was gonna be free2play). So this isn't something exclusive to Gw2 fans, and its more of an internet thing.

In TVTropes they call it "The G.I.F.T Theory"

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

*sigh* Somehow it takes minutes for me now to check the availability of a name at the end of character creation.
    Anybody with the same problem here? o.o

I have to wait literally 5-10 minutes until I get the "name is already taken" message.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Any thoughts on what stats would be better for each class?

Trying to figure out if it's best to go all power or maybe a mix of power/precision for an elementalist..
    Last edited by Acry; 2012-08-26 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeh View Post
    Any thoughts on what stats would be better for each class?

Trying to figure out if it's best to go all power or maybe a mix of crit/precision for an elementalist..
    Same here but i'm sticking with Fire/Air as my main traits, so im going condition dmg for my burns etc. with a lot of power.

Dammit, I wish Engineers could wield assault rifles. Its a shame the commando class was just an april's fools, I would had loved automated fire-arms on the game. Rifles are meh, pistols are just like smaller rifles. Auto-cannon is the way to go.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Same here but i'm sticking with Fire/Air as my main traits, so im going condition dmg for my burns etc. with a lot of power.

i went fire/air aswell, i did some pvp and stacked all the gear with +condition gems (or what every they, sigels or something) my burns were doing insane damage to people. as for leveling, i cant seem to find a use for water/earth, really the only time i use air is for the speedboosts ;\ im only lvl 13 at the moment, so maybe it gets different as i get higher

10+ Year Old Account
    Best shot I could get of the Shatterer, he flies really quickly and fades into the fog before you can even see his entire body.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice one

Anyone know how to get to the point of interest under the island at Viathan's Arms?
    <-- That is otterly adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Best shot I could get of the Shatterer, he flies really quickly and fades into the fog before you can even see his entire body.

Nice catch of him though, i've been so busy i forgot to take screenshots <.<

10+ Year Old Account
    So I just found this out, didn't really pay attention to it till now, but you don't have to be at your bank to deposit your crafting items (ore, lumber, etc). Can just do it anywhere.

Helps a lot when you run low on inventory space.

I don't know if this has been asked in this thread before, if it has and a solution has been provided, please point me to that post.

Basically, I'm from India. As a result of my location, I supposedly cannot buy a GW2 EU CD Key. I can only buy a US CD Key.

Now some of my friends who are already playing tell me that regardless of whether you buy a US or EU CD Key, you can create characters in both regions and play them, sort of like Diablo 3. But they are not sure whether this is permanent. Is it a permanent feature?

Now my question is : Do I just buy the US CD Key, because I only want to play on EU since the ping will be better for me and my WoW Guildies will be playing on EU Realms as well. Also is that double region feature permanent i.e buying a US CD Key allows you to play on both US and EU Realms?

Also there seems to be a problem with my Debit Card, and hence I have to buy my CD Key from Offgamers. Will this be a problem in case of being able to play as soon as I get the key? Or should I wait till 28th and then buy it?

Quick question but does anyone no the the Font of Rhand portal (closed) is in Diessa Plateau?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's refreshing to see in game chat how much people are loving this game, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... seriously!

Oh and anyone who thinks this game is easy, i challenge you to do the 'Fire Elemental' part of a DE Chain, in the Asura Starting area... a level 15 'Boss' who kicks your ass, intended or not, it was fucking brilliant! I just hope Anet don't take to the Nerf bat

10+ Year Old Account

Little bit disappointed in what these people are doing. For those that don't know, this little cave spawns Skale at a fast rate and a Veteran Skale worth 800 Exp that spawns every 1:30 to 2mins. They just stand there spamming abilities, can this be classed as an exploit? Because the people doing it are gaining levels quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post

Little bit disappointed in what these people are doing. For those that don't know, this little cave spawns Skale at a fast rate and a Veteran Skale worth 800 Exp that spawns every 1:30 to 2mins. They just stand there spamming abilities, can this be classed as an exploit? Because the people doing it are gaining levels quickly.
    If they really want to ruin their entire gaming experience that way, who are we to stop them?
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    It's refreshing to see in game chat how much people are loving this game, makes me feel all warm and fuzzy... seriously!

Oh and anyone who thinks this game is easy, i challenge you to do the 'Fire Elemental' part of a DE Chain, in the Asura Starting area... a level 15 'Boss' who kicks your ass, intended or not, it was fucking brilliant! I just hope Anet don't take to the Nerf bat
    I really dislike that boss, you get hit once by his lava thingy, and you're completely screwed. But damn does it feel good to finally down the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro89 View Post

Sure seems like an exploit to me.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-27 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post

Where is he located exactly I want to try that event!

Has anyone spotted any reference or hints to when guesting will be switched on? I'm currently an EU based player with a US home server to play with friends but I don't want to stay there, I'd rather guest there. I also don't want to be charged gems to move back to an EU server so I'm wondering when to jump back.