Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    1 million pre-purchases? Not bad, but I'm also not impressed enough. Was hoping for better than that.
    True that ... 1 mill is not enough ):

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Now only for Anet to learn NOT TO PATCH DURING PEAK HOURS... and it will be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still ain't found a trait resetting guy in Black Citadel. I've found my trainer, and the guy selling the commander books, but not a guy who resets traits for me. I just wanted to spend my points in a different tree. :<

---------- Post added 2012-08-28 at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Now only for Anet to learn NOT TO PATCH DURING PEAK HOURS... and it will be fine.
    What's the matter with patching during peak hours? They don't take the servers down for patching.

All you do is log out, download, and log back in.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Still ain't found a trait resetting guy in Black Citadel. I've found my trainer, and the guy selling the commander books, but not a guy who resets traits for me. I just wanted to spend my points in a different tree. :<

What's the matter with patching during peak hours? They don't take the servers down for patching.

Only... 1mln people getting "Your game will shut down for patch in 3min15s" then all people trying to get in at the same time?
    Thats what happened now. I managed to get on before it borked and can play, but friends cant.

Pretty sure the trainer is the one who resets perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    Pretty sure the trainer is the one who resets perks.
    ....who? O_o Any idea where he is on the map? >_>
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 04:09 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

....who? O_o Any idea where he is on the map? >_>
    The class trainer that is. Haven't tried it myself but he's allways had a dialog option of resetting perks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalmanusa View Post
    The class trainer that is. Haven't tried it myself but he's allways had a dialog option of resetting perks.
    Oh. Well now I feel dumb. For some reason, I never saw that talk option!

Is anyone of you having troubles with logging into an account on guildwars2 page? IT says "invalid password" for me. I even reseted it but no luck so far.

10+ Year Old Account

And here's my little norn warrior
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me nuts, but I kinda wish they'd spend another month or two polishing up a few more pieces of the game code.

Maybe it's just that gamers are outright impossible to please, but it seems like there are certain issues that should really have been addressed before launch in order to create as great a first impression as possible.

I'm not personally disappointed - having a blast, and no major errors. But it's clear that's not the case for everyone. It's hard to say if I'm a minority, though, considering that forums are, already, a vocal minority.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-28 at 05:48 PM.

Im not sure if its the right place to ask this but i decided to buy digital edition.But https://buy.guildwars2.com/en/ still says prepurchase.That made me curious.
    Also whats the size of the client?
    Last edited by Bznga; 2012-08-28 at 05:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So got to the Blazeridge Steppes, i knew this was the home of The Shatterer and starting from the bottom of the map he's constantly flying overheard roaring. As i worked my way up the map it was finally time to fight my first dragon!

Amazing fight.

Deleted
    So... I can see they have removed option to switch square minimap to compass? I hope they will add that option later. I really like compass more.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    How, what lvl are u?
    You can buy it at The Grove. Can't wear it until 35 though.

I bought the Norn cultural armor for xmuting. Pretty nice dress.

Is there an easy way to get into WvWvW? I've been in queue for over an hour each night now and never got in.

Can a fellow elementalist offer some advice. What is the preferred way of close range combat? I switched from a staff to a dagger which seemed to offer me some close range abilities.. is that it, or should I be switching out of fire to one of the other elements for close range fights where I can't keep distance between myself and the mobs?

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Can a fellow elementalist offer some advice. What is the preferred way of close range combat? I switched from a staff to a dagger which seemed to offer me some close range abilities.. is that it, or should I be switching out of fire to one of the other elements for close range fights where I can't keep distance between myself and the mobs?
    Depends on exactly what your goal is. If you're intent is to be in close range, then daggers is probably the best bet, using fire for damage and air for control (I go scepter/dagger currently). Otherwise, it's mostly down to preference, but still keep in mind the roles of the different attunements. I've found that the first ~15 levels can be done in pretty much any attunement, but after that you have to become proficient in attunement swapping.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Depends on exactly what your goal is. If you're intent is to be in close range, then daggers is probably the best bet, using fire for damage and air for control (I go scepter/dagger currently). Otherwise, it's mostly down to preference, but still keep in mind the roles of the different attunements. I've found that the first ~15 levels can be done in pretty much any attunement, but after that you have to become proficient in attunement swapping.
    Thanks for that. Sounds like i'm on the right path. I do need to work on the other attunements. It will be nice to be able to use some crowd control.