Happy Exroyal is Happy

Wouldn't it be smart to keep yourself from completing a map until level 80 for best loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Wouldn't it be smart to keep yourself from completing a map until level 80 for best loot?
    Far as I can tell, zone completion doesn't reward loot. I've been getting transmutation stones and mystic coins, as well as coin and karma.

Then again, I've only completed 1-15 zones so far. Been jumping around too many toons.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I get armor and stuff from map completion, from all over 1-15 zones and cities

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Far as I can tell, zone completion doesn't reward loot. I've been getting transmutation stones and mystic coins, as well as coin and karma.

Then again, I've only completed 1-15 zones so far. Been jumping around too many toons.
    Usually you get 2 pieces of random gear, 3 transmutation stones and around 20 to 60 pieces of a random crafting material (iron ore, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Weird. Never got any loot yet. Maybe I'll get some from Diessa Plateau.

Even so, I wouldn't worry about it. I can get max loot from other places, such as crafting.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

So, about that Trading Post... >_<

Deleted
    I love this game, check out my youtube channel, SkywalkGames

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    it is done on the level of the area i am over 50% done with the map and each area if i do like items they are max level of that area rather then your level (i am level 80)
    Intel i7 2600k | NZXT Havik 140 | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 3x Liyama E2407HDS(5760x1080) | Intel 520 Series 120GB
    2x EVGA GTX 690 SC Signature 4096MB in SLI | 16GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133 | CoolMaster HAF X

So after about a week I have to say this game is great except for a few things. One is obviously the trading post. Now that can be an irritant but I'm used to games without having an auction house of sorts so while it is irritating to not have it, it doesn't really deter my enjoyment. The next thing is a biggie though and that is the grouping mechanic. It simply is broken, at least for me it is. I have tried on 10 different occasions to do some sort of dungeon and have yet to even start one since every group I get into can't get into the same dungeon together. I know others here haven't had a problem but there are a lot of us where we can't do them because the game doesn't let us. More so than any other issue (barring the security issues) this really has to be addressed. What I find odd about this is that they worked fine in the betas.

Oh and, get a better LFG tool. GW1 had a better tool for crying out loud.

Anyway, other than those gripes I have had a blast in the game.

So after fighting the Shatterer 3 times i got one where the lag wasnt terrible etc etc. Then i went to Boodtide coast just to get the last 2 bars for dinging 50. Got caught up in a pirate event chain. Let's just say that even though the Shatterer was way more epic looking, the fight goes to the Hydra Queen. I'm not going to say more, ANet could have done a better job with The Shatterer. If they did something so good with the Hydra Queen they could easily did it with him too.
    Last edited by Exroyal; 2012-09-02 at 06:17 PM.

I have only done the first 2 dungeons. None of us can get into the same instances either. -_-

Pretty bad, yea. I am sorta leveling a Guardian now while helping people out occasionally. Mostly I am AFK in LA or my HOM while playing another game.

Have to say, the PVE is extremely tedious and thin. There is a fair amount of PVE in the game such that I wouldn't say GW2 is a "PVP game". Though it certainly is a strong indication that a lot of the game is built to support PVP in the long term over PVE. At least in the current state.

Deleted
    Is anyone else having trouble making a new character? I keep getting an error message telling me I can't access the login server.

Deleted
    We're aware of the issues with server transfers, character creation, and character deletion and are working on getting them fixed. Thanks for letting us know! ~RB2

Source: Facebook.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    We're aware of the issues with server transfers, character creation, and character deletion and are working on getting them fixed. Thanks for letting us know! ~RB2

Source: Facebook.
    Ah ok. Also just saw this on twitter:

We are looking into the character creation issue. Thanks for reporting it! ^MK

Deleted
    Is there any capital cities like SW and ORG in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Is there any capital cities like SW and ORG in WoW?
    Each race has it's own massive city, 5 in total. There is the hub city for Lion's Arch. And the massive in-zone cities such as Ebonhawke.

Mhh, is it normal that when you server transfer your guild loses all influence?

Deleted
    The guilds are still buggy, wait 1-2 days and the influence will be back. The influence of my guild jumped a lot.

well we lost all upgrades and all influence, so we restarted lvl 1upgrade...