Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Ya know, I'm kinda surprised that Might isn't a percent damage increase, instead of a flat increase to Power and Malice. O_o

Considering they made a similar change for Vulnerability, anyways.
    It was easier to tell a new player exactly what increasing Might does, because they see increasing Power increases their damage by an amount they're used to.

From a PvE standpoint, how useful is dropping a target's defense by <X>? Is it an obvious thing? Is it actually counted as a group buff? Why? Is it just overpowered? You can't really follow that as clearly, especially from a new player. You need someone going behind the scenes and propping it up on forums doing the math for you. That's not really fun or enticing for people that don't really know the mechanic, which is what GW2 is trying to breach. We had enough Armor Pen with sunder (with or without Recklessness) charts to prove a mechanic like that isn't "fun".

Show Vulnerability to a player now? Oh hey, increases all damage taken by 1% per stack. It makes sense, and it tells you exactly how much it works, on both PvE and PvP targets.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The key is building up immense amounts of the T5 stuff while you're hunting for T6 stuff, and then mystic forging your T5 stuff into shinier T6 stuff. Don't just buy loads of T5 stuff off the TP and do that, though. You'd lose money.
    Oh yeah, forgot that the Mystic Forge had a feature like that. Thanks for the tip, will look into it!

I know this is moderately old, i.e. last night, but still...
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Pets can no longer be revived using the “F” prompt. This is because you can either use F4 to swap pets which will bring that pet back alive or you can wait until you are out of combat at which point you pet will revive automatically. We felt it was doing a disservice to Ranger players to incentivize them to spend a long time reviving their pet when it was a very inefficient thing to do and happened after combat anyway. This will also help clear up “F” to interact functionality.

And as a non-Ranger player, this is me:
    \o/
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Anyone know why the GW2 twitter account keeps posting things like "For too long a shadow has gripped the land..." etc.. are we due a small content patch?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Anyone know why the GW2 twitter account keeps posting things like "For too long a shadow has gripped the land..." etc.. are we due a small content patch?
    Calling it now, first expansion goes live in a week. Gives as much new content as the game currently has. Sells for 3 euros.

The voices in my head are very credible sources!

10+ Year Old Account
    maybe a buildup for the Halloween event
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Or the live action trailer ? :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I know this is moderately old, i.e. last night, but still...
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    • Pets can no longer be revived using the “F” prompt. This is because you can either use F4 to swap pets which will bring that pet back alive or you can wait until you are out of combat at which point you pet will revive automatically. We felt it was doing a disservice to Ranger players to incentivize them to spend a long time reviving their pet when it was a very inefficient thing to do and happened after combat anyway. This will also help clear up “F” to interact functionality.

And as a non-Ranger player, this is me:
    \o/
    This is me too! \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    Headless Palava Joko incoming!!1
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So I just finished AC with three Guardians and I stand with my point.

They are too strong. :/

(Guardians, not the instance)
    Did CoF with 5 warriors. I was the only one going regneration banner build while the others where going power/arms and defense. Im telling you, 5 warrior most op combo in game currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Did CoF with 5 warriors. I was the only one going regneration banner build while the others where going power/arms and defense. Im telling you, 5 warrior most op combo in game currently.
    You shoul've tossed a shout healer in there they're insane since they give offensive power with defensive healing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So I just finished AC with three Guardians and I stand with my point.

They are too strong. :/

(Guardians, not the instance)
    Or maybe other professions are too weak.

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It was easier to tell a new player exactly what increasing Might does, because they see increasing Power increases their damage by an amount they're used to.
    How useful is increasing your Power and Malice by 35? How much extra damage does that do?

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 10:45 AM ----------

Random question: When dual-wielding, does the sigil on the off-hand weapon apply to attacks from the main-hand weapon?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Random question: When dual-wielding, does the sigil on the off-hand weapon apply to attacks from the main-hand weapon?
    I don't think you offhand weapon can proc your main hand sigil. There would be no point in upgrading your off-hand that way.

Off topic: Just bought something with gems, however my item did not come and my gems are gone. What to do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I don't think you offhand weapon can proc your main hand sigil. There would be no point in upgrading your off-hand that way.
    Well what I mean is, say on my main-hand it's on-crit lifesteal, and on my off-hand it's on-crit bleed.

What I wanna know is if the #1 attack will cause the bleed, or if only the #4 and #5 will cause the bleed. If not, it makes things a bit less interesting.

Off topic: Just bought something with gems, however my item did not come and my gems are gone. What to do?
    Support ticket from their web site. Those issues have popped up now and then, but you should eventually get the item.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Or maybe other professions are too weak.
    Or that, I don't know. It was retarded, I had to dodge maybe three times, we had only one death and no wipe the entire instance, never had to graveyard-zerg and that with everyone but me being there for their first time. So much for "no tanks/healers" I guess

I'm guessing that is storymode?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well what I mean is, say on my main-hand it's on-crit lifesteal, and on my off-hand it's on-crit bleed.

What I wanna know is if the #1 attack will cause the bleed, or if only the #4 and #5 will cause the bleed. If not, it makes things a bit less interesting.
    I went to the pvp place to test this out.
    Had steady daggers on my necromancer, mainhand had 5% crit sigil, offhand had the AoE flameburst.
    The flame burst was triggering from just auto-attacking, so mainhand attacks seem to trigger it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    I went to the pvp place to test this out.
    Had steady daggers on my necromancer, mainhand had 5% crit sigil, offhand had the AoE flameburst.
    The flame burst was triggering from just auto-attacking, so mainhand attacks seem to trigger it.
    Well that's good to know. Otherwise, off-hand sigils would be relegated to boring crap like the +5% sigil!

10+ Year Old Account
    Any chance they'll change looting other players to some sort of auto thing in WvW? I'm constantly on the move and frequently miss the little bags appearing next to my feet.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random note: apparently, as a street rat, when you get the letter from Quinn, the letter plays as a voiceover. This has not happened with any of the other personal story letters, even along that same line.

Am I the only one noticing this inconsistency?