Anyone heard anything about Capes/Cloaks/Back items?
    Are there supposed to be Capes in the game? If so, why aren't there any?*

*except for the two you get from your PS... but those wont show up on your char

Guild Backpacks apparently are out there and cost 5g a piece (for slightly better stats than the 76 one from personal story).

As far as if they're visible, not sure, have better things to be spending my gold on at the moment.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    The guild backpacks are visible (but can be toggled off), they just look like a backpack with the guild emblem on them. The stats are literally like +2 or 3 better than the one from the personal story though so it's probably about the most minor upgrade you can get for 5g.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Halloween is soon, no? Excited to see what they've got in store for us. Mad King anyone?
    Yeah, they are definitely working on a holiday event. For the 10/28 patch ArenaNet said they there will be a "GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the personal story" and retroactive rewards if you've already finished the personal story. It's in this forum post.

Since I haven't played GW1, what was their token system like?

Also, here's a delicious looking recipe for a Chocolate Omnomberry Cake.

Anyone else saddened by all the negative posts?

I can't understand half of them otherwise it's "there's no raids so no endgame" ugh. At least I'm enjoying my time still, I'm never rushing and still have tons to do.

Also I'm happy for that blog from Arena Net, they are setting high goals, let's hope they get get something substantial by the end of November.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Yeah, they are definitely working on a holiday event. For the 10/28 patch ArenaNet said they there will be a "GW1-style token system so you can choose a better reward item when you complete the personal story" and retroactive rewards if you've already finished the personal story. It's in this forum post.

Since I haven't played GW1, what was their token system like?

Also, here's a delicious looking recipe for a Chocolate Omnomberry Cake.
    Tokens were used in the final mission (mostly) for each campaign, and you got exactly a single one per character, tradeable for a weapon of your choice. There were (a lot) of other tokens used for purchasing items, the others mostly being farmable

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodygrinder View Post

I can't understand half of them otherwise it's "there's no raids so no endgame" ugh. At least I'm enjoying my time still, I'm never rushing and still have tons to do.
    You seem to imply that people who "have nothing to do" are to blame themselves due to rushing, I very much disagree on this. I've chosen one toon to play the game through first so I've got 100% map completion with all the leftover skillpoints I got my 2exo weapons, with the money from completing everything I bought my exo armor. I then started doing dungeons (1full explo/day) so about 4h of play for 8days.

That's hardly rushing and there really isn't that much more to do (on my first toon), so personally I'd love some more dungeons or things like SF/FOW/UW/Deep/...

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You seem to imply that people who "have nothing to do" are to blame themselves due to rushing, I very much disagree on this. I've chosen one toon to play the game through first so I've got 100% map completion with all the leftover skillpoints I got my 2exo weapons, with the money from completing everything I bought my exo armor. I then started doing dungeons (1full explo/day) so about 4h of play for 8days.

That's hardly rushing and there really isn't that much more to do (on my first toon), so personally I'd love some more dungeons or things like SF/FOW/UW/Deep/...
    My view of rushing is pretty much what you did, there lies the problem, I've played this game for about 150 hrs and I only have 50% map completion on my main. I honestly take my time when I say I take my time, I enjoy the sights and play very thoughtfully, I do what I want to do not what I "have" to do. Sometimes I wonder if people can truly enjoy a game anymore or if they are just so competitive they can't slow down.

Look, no hard feelings about it I just don't see that as taking your time.

Also I'm happy for that blog from Arena Net, they are setting high goals, let's hope they get get something substantial by the end of November.
    Negative people are the most vocal. Don't give any importance to them. Especially since most of them don't even play the game. They often feel the necessity to bash GW2, out of fear or some misplaced sense of loyalty to their current mmo.

The positive are mostly in game and sporadically post on these fora, as I do.

not taking it slow doesn't mean you're rushing... If I drive in 2nd gear I'm taking it slow if I drive in 4th I'm playing normally and when I'm in 6th that's when I'm rushing.

Also those are the "gears" for me, for all we know your gears are 1-2-3

You come across as very condesending towards ppl who simply are faster than you (kinda like the "try hard" stuff in FPS games)
    Everything you say implies that I (and others who play at a faster pace than you) don't enjoy the sights, don't play thoughtfully and did things they didn't want to do but had to do. You also imply we "can't enjoy a game anymore".
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-10-05 at 08:22 AM.

Deleted

More annoyed that saddened. Most of them just sound like "Waaaa, waaa, waaa, me, me, me"

Guessing it's the same kind of crowd that cries about all games. Huge rush to get to top level without even doing most of the content and then running to the forums to cry as loudly as they can. Just bleh.... Anyways I try not to read those posts anymore.

I even noticed one poster from this forum who has been bashing GW2 ever since BW2 (and praising wow) actually bought GW2 and now continues to cry on their forums.... Go figure.

I hardly ever post and I love the game
    Last edited by mmoc1319205971; 2012-10-05 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really not sure whats considered rushing anymore, but I made it to 80 on my main during a course of 12 days with 96hrs played, don't know if I was rushing or not was just doing zone completion, basically not sure if that's fast or slow.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    I'm really not sure whats considered rushing anymore, but I made it to 80 on my main during a course of 12 days with 96hrs played, don't know if I was rushing or not was just doing zone completion, basically not sure if that's fast or slow.
    The problem is that people keep tossing the term around as if it's a scientifically measured and determined value. When we really get down to it, what "rushing" means when talking about games is simply "finishing the game quicker than I did/would", and even then "finishing" is a vague term these days unless we're talking about a hallway game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    The problem is that people keep tossing the term around as if it's a scientifically measured and determined value. When we really get down to it, what "rushing" means when talking about games is simply "finishing the game quicker than I did/would", and even then "finishing" is a vague term these days unless we're talking about a hallway game.
    Well I personally wouldn't considered myself finished with the game, just restarted on a new main and I'm having a lot of fun again. I feel I should tell the bored people though, you technically own the game step away for a while go play some other games and come back when you want to no one should limit themselves to just one game of course you would get bored, hell I would no matter how much I enjoy it.

Well I personally wouldn't considered myself finished with the game, just restarted on a new main and I'm having a lot of fun again. I feel I should tell the bored people though, you technically own the game step away for a while go play some other games and come back when you want to no one should limit themselves to just one game of course you would get bored, hell I would no matter how much I enjoy it.
    You can't have multiple mains, you always can only have one main. You can make another toon and you can make it your main but then your previous toon is no longer your main...

Thing is people who are bored don't dislike or hate the game. I really love the game I hate the buggs but they'll get fixed, the anoying part is that there really isn't that much to do. "yea i'm going to kill Jormagg now" isn't an option due to respawn timers. Running a dungeon more than once doesn't reward you as much as it used to so it's less appealing to do it.

If you compare to GW1 there was a lot more to do or the playtime just was longer, I played for nearly a month before I finished that game and it took me another month or two before I actually had completed FoW or UW. Now I did my PS in less than a week whilst also doing WvW.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-10-05 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    You can't have multiple mains, you always can only have one main. You can make another toon and you can make it your main but then your previous toon is no longer your main...
    My main is the character I'm currently on.

Lick on that lollipop for a while.

10+ Year Old Account

Thing is people who are bored don't dislike or hate the game. I really love the game I hate the buggs but they'll get fixed, the anoying part is that there really isn't that much to do. "yea i'm going to kill Jormagg now" isn't an option due to respawn timers. Running a dungeon more than once doesn't reward you as much as it used to so it's less appealing to do it.

If you compare to GW1 there was a lot more to do or the playtime just was longer, I played for nearly a month before I finished that game and it took me another month or two before I actually had completed FoW or UW. Now I did my PS in less than a week whilst also doing WvW.
    When I said new main I meant exactly that, I deleted my old main to start a completely new one originally war now guardian.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    My main is the character I'm currently on.

Lick on that lollipop for a while.
    You can have one main.

You can have alts.

You can have characters.

If you play one character a lot, and that is "your real character", then it's your main.

If you got characters besides what you consider your main, then it's alts.

If you don't have one character you consider your main, then it's characters.

How I define it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    You can have one main.

You can have alts.

You can have characters.

If you play one character a lot, and that is "your real character", then it's your main.

If you got characters besides what you consider your main, then it's alts.

If you don't have one character you consider your main, then it's characters.

How I define it.
    If I hop on my necromancer to do some jumping puzzles, that's my main.

If I then go on my warrior to play with a friend, that's my main.

Then I get on my mesmer and kill some peeps in W^3, that's my main.

After that I do some solo PvE with my ranger, that's my main.

Later I'll try getting the hang of the guardian, that's my main.

Afterwards I'll play with the thief, that's my main.

Subsequently I'll play around with elementalist builds, that's my main.

Finally I might strap the grenade kit on my engineer and just go bonkers, that's my main.

You, as well as everyone else, are not in such a position you can decide what my characters are or are not. The very notion of "main" is ridiculous, and assumes you have one character you care about much more than the others. Of course you do. The one you care the most about is the one you're playing. All the others, nothing will happen to them, they're frozen in cyberspace, maintaining the state they were in when last you saw them. The only one you care about is the one that you're currently controlling. To anyone who'd like to claim one of my characters to be a "main" above all others, I counter with, you're a hippopotamus. That's also a word grabbed out of thin air and applied to something without any scientifically approved facts behind it.

When I said new main I meant exactly that, I deleted my old main to start a completely new one originally war now guardian.
    It hurts my eyes to see this! Why (just curious)?