Deleted
    On another topic, here again it shows the strengths of the sidekick system. They can introduce new high level content but make it accessible for its introduction to everybody. I was sceptical about this feature as I heard about it the first time, but it has turned out to be really neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    On another topic, here again it shows the strengths of the sidekick system. They can introduce new high level content but make it accessible for its introduction to everybody. I was sceptical about this feature as I heard about it the first time, but it has turned out to be really neat.
    problem is ppl prefer "real" lvl 80s due to traits etc not scaling

One thing that this new dungeon will do is to show the real need for a proper LFG tool.

It's hard enough to get a dungeon group now, I'm betting it will be nearly impossible to get a group for the older dungeons once this one is released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    One thing that this new dungeon will do is to show the real need for a proper LFG tool.

It's hard enough to get a dungeon group now, I'm betting it will be nearly impossible to get a group for the older dungeons once this one is released.
    You think? I think it's really easy to get a group for everything, really :S

Quote Originally Posted by Eiserne Drossel View Post
    You think? I think it's really easy to get a group for everything, really :S
    Well on Yaks Bend it is hard as heck. Maybe it's just the time that I play or whatever but I've only been able to get in 3 dungeon runs since the game released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    problem is ppl prefer "real" lvl 80s due to traits etc not scaling
    We're talking open World content here, so no need to try to appease people who only take 80s

Deleted
    AC exp runs are going on all the time (at least in IoJ) because of the quick runs and the money you make

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    The Design Philosophy implies that Ascended Armor shouldn't exist in the first place.
    Where is the "like-Button" when i need it?

Well on Yaks Bend it is hard as heck. Maybe it's just the time that I play or whatever but I've only been able to get in 3 dungeon runs since the game released.
    On desolation it's quite ez to get groups for TA, AC, CoE, HotW and CoF. CM and arah are a bit harder but still doable.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-11-12 at 05:33 PM.

Mmm ive just started farming for my dungeon set and ive seen plenty of groups advertising. Must be a time of day thing. Most advertising i see in Lions Arch comes in the evening. So may just depend on when you are playing.

Deleted
    I don't want to drag the ascended topic in here, but you know what I find funny? people screaming REFUND after 3 months and probably pouring hundreds of hours into this one-time purchase. I should have tried this after I watched a quantum of solace...

Yeah people will take advantage of generous policy that ArenaNet has. In my opinion they should look at the purchase date. If you have had the game for more than a month then no refund for you.

Yeah people will take advantage of generous policy that ArenaNet has. In my opinion they should look at the purchase date. If you have had the game for more than a month then no refund for you.
    There's a difference here though. This is going against something that sold a lot of people into the franchise, the fact that there is not/will not be a power creep. It's written into the manifesto, it's quoted as one of their responses in "How to measure success" on their blog.

That they're flat out going against their original design intent is enough to completely sour the experience completely for the past four months.

There's a difference between not liking it when it came out or because you thought it was going to be something different, and liking it until they changed their own rules.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well I have over 400 hours played in the game. If I never play another minute I would still consider it a well spent purchase.

Deleted
    There's a difference here though. This is going against something that sold a lot of people into the franchise, the fact that there is not/will not be a power creep. It's written into the manifesto, it's quoted as one of their responses in "How to measure success" on their blog.

That they're flat out going against their original design intent is enough to completely sour the experience completely for the past four months.

There's a difference between not liking it when it came out or because you thought it was going to be something different, and liking it until they changed their own rules.
    Sorry, but that's just...no. You can't just stay there and state that hindsight is nullifying all the fun you had so far, except you didn't really had fun but all of your fun derived from waiting on something in the future.
    Sure, the now will always influence how we see the past. But it's not giving you any right to ask for your money back in ANY circumstance.

It's like having a long relationship breaking up because of whatever and then claiming that all the years were a waste of time. they weren't. And more especially you're definetly not going to ask for a refund for all the presents you bought. (well...some probably would, but there neither legislative nor moral justification to be had)

Quote Originally Posted by Corros View Post
    Sorry, but that's just...no. You can't just stay there and state that hindsight is nullifying all the fun you had so far, except you didn't really had fun but all of your fun derived from waiting on something in the future.
    Sure, the now will always influence how we see the past. But it's not giving you any right to ask for your money back in ANY circumstance.

It's like having a long relationship breaking up because of whatever and then claiming that all the years were a waste of time. they weren't. And more especially you're definetly not going to ask for a refund for all the presents you bought. (well...some probably would, but there neither legislative nor moral justification to be had)
    Actually, a closer experience would be a three course meal at a restaurant, and taking a bite out of a dessert that's long since expired. Its presence and effect can be felt and detract from the enjoyment long before.

I cannot gain a refund from NCSoft, seeing as I bought my copy physically from a third party retailer (EB Games/GameStop), but I fully understand the feeling and respect those that seek theirs in regards to this. And it's not up to you to honor someone else's return. It realistically is NCSoft's.

This turn right here, to me, would justify such a feeling, an expression of displeasure associated with the whole ordeal, that I'm not even sure I want to play anymore. This is subjective, but based on my experience, it holds as true as any fact when applied to my enjoyment.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Actually, a closer experience would be a three course meal at a restaurant, and taking a bite out of a dessert that's long since expired. Its presence and effect can be felt and detract from the enjoyment long before.

I cannot gain a refund from NCSoft, seeing as I bought my copy physically from a third party retailer (EB Games/GameStop), but I fully understand the feeling and respect those that seek theirs in regards to this. And it's not up to you to honor someone else's return. It realistically is NCSoft's.

This turn right here, to me, would justify such a feeling, an expression of displeasure associated with the whole ordeal, that I'm not even sure I want to play anymore. This is subjective, but based on my experience, it holds as true as any fact when applied to my enjoyment.
    Actually, it's more like going to the same restaurant you've always gone to because you enjoy their beef. Then while you're there, you're informed that starting in a few weeks, they'll stop serving beef. You can't refuse to pay up for your delicious beef because there will not be more beef in the future, nor can you demand they refund you for all the beef you've eaten in the past.

This news, while not welcome to some (I stay on the fence until I hear more about it), does NOT mean you can turn around and say "you know, now that I've heard this I've decided that I did not enjoy the game up until this point and I want a refund for it". You cannot un-enjoy something you've enjoyed. And if you didn't enjoy it in the first place, you've had PLENTY of time to ask for a refund until now.

Wanting a refund for time spent until now is just self-entitled bullshit.

Nothing personal, Kelesti. You're still my favorite mod. <3

Two things:

1. I was told I was your favorite mod. >.>

2. Seeking a refund is understandable.

The game is meant to be played perpetually. A large selling point up to now was a hard cap on power. Also a distinct lack of both endgame and linear progression. Anet have made posts, written articles, advertised on these aspects and so on for years.

I can remember their old game magazine adverts that said something to the effect of, "Skill decides!"

If I bought into a perpetual project under the pretense it was designed a certain way and the developers decided to do 180 on that design-- understandable how some may feel slighted or falsely led. Even more so for those that bought gems under the pretense that the game's design goal was fixed in a certain manner.

I am not saying one would get a refund. But it is understandable why one would seek a refund because Anet essentially lied.

Deleted
    1. That was before it was revealed that Kelesti and I use the same keybinds. Sorry, dear.

2. Wanting a refund is fine. Expecting a refund is self-entitled bullshit. That's as far as I'm willing to stretch on that point. And I'll still stick to my reasoning that one cannot un-enjoy things that have happened in the past. Depending on how ANet does this (still sittin' on my fence), yes, they could potentially screw over people who liked that there would be no further gear improvement. But if that was the only thing that made the game enjoyable to them... by the Gods are those people shallow.

1. I use the the most optimal keybinds. You guys are playing wrong. -_-
    2. Agreed on refunds.

Though I would say a power ceiling is a HUGE draw to the game. Hand in glove with many other design touchstones of the series. If Anet added gear disparity to PVP that would be a big change.

I am not comparing the ascended armor to actual gear disparity. Merely the change of dynamic. Such a change would be a large shift in the draw of that game mode within the GW series. It is reasonable to say many PVP orientated players were intrigued by the prospect of normalized PVP in an MMO setting.

Just as it is reasonable PVE orientated players were intrigued by the prospect of skill detriment access and non-progressive gear system(s).

Not saying I think such p[layers deserve a refund by my own judgement. Though a shift in a major aspect of design, one that was sold and marketed from the series inception is an understandable position for some to be pissed off about. Enough that they desire a refund.