Deleted
    reef drakes!

10+ Year Old Account
    That "Go back to wow" seems pretty common nowadays. Relative to this subject, today as i was taking my usual stroll on Star Wars The Old Republic , i kept reading this in chat as a reply to the recent Free to Play(ers) when they didn't like how something was done in the game. Followed usually by "Play pandas" or "Leave to pandaland" or any variation possible.

Deleted
    mmo-communities tend to function like neighboring cities or areas: they just hate each other. the more similar the games are from an objective point of view, the more hate is spewn around. human psyche is a weird thing.

today I had the most epic experience in a game… ever.

It happened in the Karka cave, but it had nothing to do with the encounter. There is this lava-pool where the boss died a horrible death, found a dead guy in there and wanted to revive him… well how stupid am I? ^^ Got ignited and it hurt like hell… tried to climb back up but I couldn’t find a way outside and so I died horribly. When I looked at the next waypoint… well… I had only the first one unlocked.

Well I way lying there and was joking with some other guys when suddenly someone jumped in there too. He tried to help me but he shared my misery. More and more people tried to help and after a few deaths later they actually managed to help – it was epic ^^ I was never more proud to be a part of this community. Those guys beat lava Made my day!

I think the mob damage in the new zone is ridiculous.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Seconded. The damage is way, way too high.

I think it's perfect, my lvl 20 war was surviving without much issues...

Can someone tell me what there is to do on karka island?

Ive explored the whole dang thing and only saw 3 events. 2 were in the sea.

Seems stupid that they introduce a new zone, do the one time event chain and then there are no more DE.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    There is a series of events that repeat themselves but its certainly not chocked full of em. I have done the taking the island event several times and there is a very long chain event where the Lion's Guard patrols the island that is several events one after the other. There is the consortium gather quest, couple of them on the islands connected to the main one with land bridges and the Shark. that I have seen so far

Quote Originally Posted by TheJekyll View Post
    Seconded. The damage is way, way too high.
    I don't think it is. I think it's perfect. Taking out a veteran is now something to be proud about again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maythael View Post
    Same for the HP. If people are already skipping far less tough mobs in Orr while farming nodes there is no reason to fight anything in Lost Shores or even revisit the zone when the rewards are so crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Same for the HP. If people are already skipping far less tough mobs in Orr while farming nodes there is no reason to fight anything in Lost Shores or even revisit the zone when the rewards are so crap.
    While I agree the mobs there are "tough" and a bit over tuned there is far from "little" reward there. Anyone notice that the rare crafting mats drop like candy off of the skelks? With the current price escalation of crafting mats this is a great place to bank until the market adjusts or simply easily farm some mats for profession leveling and crafting rares.

I would like to see some better drops off of mobs but I havent been back since the end of the event to see if anything changed. I do however LOVE another place to farm Orichalcum and Ancient wood though and its a very nice change of pace.

I'm not the one to complain, but these Karkas are somewhat hard. Not because of their health and damage, but due to the fact that if you move around, there's always one more around there in the woods who you'll most likely aggro and two karkas is difficult to deal with.

On another note: I love this new zone. I think it's so much more beautiful then Orr.

The trouble I have is the Kraka spawn almost instantly.

For example, I just killed two of them in Sunshore Shoals. I stopped to type in guild chat for less than 10 seconds. Both recently killed kraka respawned right behind me. -_-

It's just like Orr-- nothing too tough but the respawn and density so obviously is not sent through balance passes at Anet. I am sure at this point that they don't have a team that does QA. It's just the actual programmers themselves doing QA.

Yeah I have to agree that arenanet doesn't really have a handle on the spawn rate in this game. It's partly why I can't play for a long time in a single setting. I get fatigued by the constant combat (and with action oriented combat it is even more fatiguing) in GW2.

Deleted
    I queued for the event many times and got to see none of it due to the server lag making it unplayable for me . And now my Trading Post is bugged, can't buy anything even though I have more than enough for the stuff (the buyout button is greyed out) this has been happening to me for a day and after two tickets no response from Arena net. I love this game but their customer support is awful.

Only certain areas are like that though. Which is why I suspect Anet doesn't have a dedicated QA team.

Like for example, in SFF there is an area where the hyleks take quite a while to respawn. Just up the temple the bandits respawn as fast as you slay them. In Timberline Falls the Grawl just north of that one town in the river are packed like sardines. Go down to the valley and the Ettin barely muster a force of 3.

There is no consistency to it all.

I wish areas like the troll village in BTC or Jotun area in were more common. Those areas are great fun with just the right amount of spacing and terrain for those mobs. And just the right respawn for action and fun.

I love fighting the trolls in Bloodtide Coast, Jotun in Wayfarer and pirates in Lornar's Pass. All great fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Jotun in Wayfarer great fun.
    You mean potato farm jotuns? If so - no. It's not fun. Kill everything , veteran left. Oh look... they all respawned >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only certain areas are like that though. Which is why I suspect Anet doesn't have a dedicated QA team.
    They definitely do. I remember seeing it in one of the pre-launch videos. It was 3-5 people or something like that which is far too small IMHO. On my present project we have 3 developers and 3 testers. 1 tester for each of the two sub-systems and the third one trying to break things.

The new zone is kind of half a zone, and really just gives some fresh air after Zombie Isle aka Orr. I can see them maybe adding a progression with Skill points and Vistas later too, and some extra events.