With the chat box open it's shift left click on the waypoint.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyrl View Post
    My drops in Orr have been really crappy, did 3 runs of plinx, 3 tars, 3 arenas, 1 full server reset Arah, starting at the zone entrance, and didn't get 1 rare yesterday. It was the first time in Orr since Plinx spawn timer has been increased.

Edit: 80~MF

I saw somewhere that Plinx was nerfed. Good move, there are lots of good events on that map.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hrouda
    We haven’t scrapped the old dungeons. We tried something new with Fractals, and so far it’s been very successful. I was on the team that built fractals, and now I am on the bug-fixing live team with a focus on our ‘old’ dungeons to fix bugs in there and see what I can do to spice them up a bit.
    We’re certainly not going to just sweep the old dungeons under the rug. I will be working very hard on improving the dungeons.
    (Source)

Will they be dropping Ascended tokens? Because if it's not, I can guarantee that finding runs to do these will be next to impossible because no one cares when they could be using the Fractal drops, or holding Fractal Drops for forge recipes when the next set comes out.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Well with the new recipes dropping in the older dungeons I think they might keep ppl interested, sadly only fieuw ppl seem to know about the new recipes.

I still haven't played in a dungeon since the first week of release.

I just think instances like that was the wrong way to go in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "We don't want to obsolete old dungeons, so put in a new dungeon that only gives the higher stats. As yet again, we can't just can't seem to learn from what happened in every MMO ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I still haven't played in a dungeon since the first week of release.

I just think instances like that was the wrong way to go in this game.
    You'd be surprised how easy the dungeons are nowadays once you're accustomed to the mechanics and have the appropriate spec.

It feels like cata heroics where you'd die to your own mistakes but without dragging the whole group down because you can run back on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by cywang86 View Post
    You'd be surprised how easy the dungeons are nowadays once you're accustomed to the mechanics and have the appropriate spec.

It feels like cata heroics where you'd die to your own mistakes but without dragging the whole group down because you can run back on your own.
    I'm sure you are right. But what I mean is, this should have (in my opinion) been an mmo that was based on the open world. If they wanted to put more exclusive content then put in some elite areas such as the Underworld and Fissures of Woe from Guild Wars 1. I just don't think regular 5 man dungeons fit into the type of mmo that GW2 is or was trying to be (they seem to be going more mainstream with some of their recent design decisions).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'm sure you are right. But what I mean is, this should have (in my opinion) been an mmo that was based on the open world. If they wanted to put more exclusive content then put in some elite areas such as the Underworld and Fissures of Woe from Guild Wars 1. I just don't think regular 5 man dungeons fit into the type of mmo that GW2 is or was trying to be (they seem to be going more mainstream with some of their recent design decisions).
    Those were instances basicly (loved them btw )

after playing to level 5 in FotM i can't wait for more dungeons (or a revamp of the old ones)
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

A while ago Jon Peters said something that has been taken out of context. He said that only two people were working on the things he was working on (which was true – but he meant it differently than how it was received) and people have taken that to mean that we only have 2 people working on balance, or PvP, or both (at this point it’s morphed into different things in different threads).
    Based on what was said, I understand how it could have been construed, so I wanted to be as transparent as I can be, so that you know what’s happening inside the studio.
    PvP
    On the PvP team we have programmers, designers, QA and an environment artist (Darrin Claypool – he’s the guy who just finished making Temple of the Silent Storm). Many PvP features need all members of the team, but some are programmer intensive, or art intensive. For example, while we’re still working on custom arenas and other core features (which involve server programmers, UI programmers and gameplay programmers), designers and artists were able to build the recently released “Temple of the Silent Storm”. Because the map required no code, we simply worked with art, design and sound in order to support this map’s needs. Work on custom arenas requires zero environment art, so those two features (custom arenas and a new map) don’t impact one another greatly, as far as work flow goes.
    WvW
    For WvW, we have a similar setup. We have designers, QA, programmers and environment artists. WvW is a massive piece of the GW2 pie, and the WvW team is able to focus on WvW needs. While many of us in the company may give feedback/ideas/suggestions to the WvW team, they are the ones who actually implement and carry out those changes.
    Balance
    When it comes to balance, we have multiple people who give feedback/guidance/suggestions, even though a smaller subset actually implement those changes (which is what Jon was saying in his post). After we have balance meetings, a few of the designers implement the changes. If it’s a WvW change, the WvW designer will implement that change. If it’s a PvP change, one of the PvP designers implements it (again, this is what Jon was saying). If it’s strictly a balance change, then we have a designer do it that has the bandwidth (sometimes it’s me, sometime it’s even Izzy, but usually it’s Karl or Peters). Currently, when we have balance meetings, the following people are present in various combinations, depending on the topic:
    Jon Peters – game designer
    Karl McLain – game designer
    Representatives from the WvW team, including QA and design
    Representatives from the dungeon teams, including another game designer
    Representatives from the live response team, including QA guys who play ALL aspects of the game A LOT
    Other representatives from the PvP team, like Tyler Bearce (designer) and Roy Cronacher (QA)
    Izzy – lead designer
    Myself – game designer
    When we’re in those meetings, we’ll talk about hot topics, and issues that are currently a big issue for a certain piece of content. We also listen to high level players, we read the forums (sometimes we even take the best-written posts, print out 10 copies, and bring them to a balance meeting), and we play the game to get a feel for ourselves. Just because you don’t see a change that YOU want, keep in mind that someone else may disagree. Just because we don’t do every single change YOU want, doesn’t mean we don’t care about you or the game. We just try to make the best changes for the greatest number of players.
    I just wanted to clear this up to let you guys know a little bit more of what happens here inside the studio so you understand more of what Peters was trying to say. He’s just as busy as we all are, and with a lot of us gone for Thanksgiving (he’s not here right now), I just took it upon myself to try to clear this up a little.
    Cheers
    Ok so instead of 2 people being idiots the whole team is full of lazy people producing half assed content and useless balance changes.

thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    With the chat box open it's shift left click on the waypoint.
    Ah, thanks!

N00b question #2: Where do you get back piece upgrades? x_X

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Ah, thanks!

Ya don't

The only real upgrades were just released. You have to craft them see this:

The only other way is to finish your personal story. You get a crappy masterwork level back slot. The Halloween event also gave a back slot but that's over now.

Deleted
    Your Guild Wars 2 account has been suspended for an account issue.
    Error code : 45:6:3:2114

Totally awesome ArenaNet Q_Q. This game is rushed by whole YEAR.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    Those were instances basicly (loved them btw )

after playing to level 5 in FotM i can't wait for more dungeons (or a revamp of the old ones)
    Yeah they are. But they feel like areas to play in. They could add in a bunch of dynamic events to those areas (in GW1 they just had quests in various places and stages of them). To me they would seem like explorable world areas but you would need a group to be in them. Regular mmo style dungeons just seems out of character for the game.

I haven't participated in the new dungeon so I can't comment on it. But it seems to have gotten rave reviews. Perhaps if they went with more innovated instances like that one I'll change my tune on dungeons. Although I still don't like the associated gear with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Ah, thanks!

Your guild crafter sells them. I think its called guild armorer, iirc. Its a few gold for minor stat upgrade. There are also event related back slots, natch.

New Blog Post went up. Not sure how to feel on this one.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

New Blog Post went up. Not sure how to feel on this one.
    Literally lost it as,

"Last weekend we released our free Lost Shores mini-expansion"

There are is no possible way I can relate the eyerolling that occurred.

So, finally got my GW2 account; any way for a human to have their home instance set in Rurikton? Need to know so I can reroll if it is possible.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    So, finally got my GW2 account; any way for a human to have their home instance set in Rurikton? Need to know so I can reroll if it is possible.
    As far as i know, the one district which is your home will stay your home instance forever and can't be changed.

(Source)

Will they be dropping Ascended tokens? Because if it's not, I can guarantee that finding runs to do these will be next to impossible because no one cares when they could be using the Fractal drops, or holding Fractal Drops for forge recipes when the next set comes out.
    I think a large portion of GW2 player base still cares about cosmetic gear. Those that have they look they want already wont be running old dungeons sure, but alts and new players who dont have that "look" will be continuing to run the old dungeons. Assuming the Fractal set doesnt look better than all dungeon sets that is.