Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    As far as i know, the one district which is your home will stay your home instance forever and can't be changed.
    So all humans home in Salma District? Can't, say, choose Commoner heritage at creation and have you home district be different from that of a Noble?
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    1. I use the the most optimal keybinds. You guys are playing wrong. -_-
    2. Agreed on refunds.

Though I would say a power ceiling is a HUGE draw to the game. Hand in glove with many other design touchstones of the series. If Anet added gear disparity to PVP that would be a big change.

I am not comparing the ascended armor to actual gear disparity. Merely the change of dynamic. Such a change would be a large shift in the draw of that game mode within the GW series. It is reasonable to say many PVP orientated players were intrigued by the prospect of normalized PVP in an MMO setting.

Just as it is reasonable PVE orientated players were intrigued by the prospect of skill detriment access and non-progressive gear system(s).

Not saying I think such p[layers deserve a refund by my own judgement. Though a shift in a major aspect of design, one that was sold and marketed from the series inception is an understandable position for some to be pissed off about. Enough that they desire a refund.
    It is, if it happens, I will get to 80 and will quit and sell my account. I have no time or interest for a treadmill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    New Blog Post went up. Not sure how to feel on this one.
    What utter crap. There is zero content on the new 80 map and they said they will be adding content to the months to come.

Why don't you fucking have content to start before you "add on" to it. Sugar coating nonsense.

Guys, guys. That was a mini-expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd when i read that. Other than a new pvp map, a new dungeon, the zone is empty. If that was a mini expansion then, on a actual expansion we'll have probably 3 zones, 2 dungeons, 1 pvp map, and a new class/race.

I also feel "betrayed" about this new tier of gear. I specifically left a certain game because i could no longer justify logging in only to keep up in item levels.

I don't even feel like playing anymore. I'd rather pay a monthly fee then a mini expansion.

This is a mini-expansion: link.

Load these patch notes into open office and see how many pages you get. Hint: more than 14 less than 16.

I don't mind the fractals thing or Sunshine Island. But this smug wording and marketing Anet have taken to is kinda shameful. Get a grip, Anet.

Sunshine Island.
    You don't mind that half of this "mini-expansion" is empty and useless?

I find that hard to believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post

I do mind personally, i enjoy completing zones and when i logged to find it didnt have Vistas, Skill Challenges and more than the couple PoIs/WPs i was dissapointed.

I don't. But I also don't consider it a "mini-expansion" either. It's just a tiny little zone to play around in.

As a mini-patch? I am cool with that-- log in, run around for a spell, kill some stuff, move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    I do mind personally, i enjoy completing zones and when i logged to find it didnt have Vistas, Skill Challenges and more than the couple PoIs/WPs i was dissapointed.
    They added ONE new waypoint yesterday.

Rejoice!

They added ONE new waypoint yesterday.

Rejoice!
    So..its like a tiny expansion? Is anyone actually going to the new zone except for an Ori run? I've gone there only 2 times i believe and I found it quite disappointing.

And I agree completely with Fencers - the way they are sugar coating and marketing is not very good. Something, somewhere has gone wrong with Anet. I don't know if its ncsoft or whatever but something is not right there sadly.

In fairness, I think it's a pretty good patch, and coming monthly is great, there is so much to do in game I haven't done nearly enough to complain about more content, in fact I am concerned I won't see content because it's coming too fast.

My only concern is the treadmill, completely not interested in it.
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

AMA with Chris Whiteside on Reddit on Monday Nov 26

I guess this will be interesting. Guys, go for constructive feedback.

Personally I don't care that much for the little content on Southsun Cove. A new dungeon mode (new rules, not the same dungeons we had before), new PvP-Map, new Jumping Puzzles, bugfixes, class-changes,... + We got quite a lot to do a short time before this update at the halloween-event, there was some really fun content in there. There is still a lot for them & for us to do in existing zones (release was not THAT long ago) and bugs need to be fixed. A live environment has a lot more variables than a beta could ever have, so I'm willing to give them a bit more time. Furthermore there will be a new holiday event soon too, not much time in between all those updates.

considering all this I'm ok with the way it is at the moment. I really can't say that I've nearly seen all of the content and it will take quite a while until I have. I hope the upcoming scaling-changes make it more exciting to play with friends in <80 areas. Really can't say I'm bored with all the content. Going through a zone a second or even a third time got me quite a few new experiences too.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2012-11-22 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    AMA with Chris Whiteside on Reddit on Monday Nov 26

I guess this will be interesting. Guys, go for constructive feedback.

Personally I don't care that much for the little content on Southsun Cove. We got quite a lot to do a short time before this update at the halloween-event, there was some really fun content in there. There is still a lot for them & for us to do in existing zones (release was not THAT long ago) and bugs need to be fixed. A live environment has a lot more variables than a beta could ever have, so I'm willing to give them a bit more time. Furthermore there will be a new holiday event soon too, not much time in between all those updates.

considering all this I'm ok with the way it is at the moment. I really can't say that I've nearly seen all of the content and it will take quite a while until I have. I hope the upcoming scaling-changes make it more exciting to play with friends in <80 areas. Really can't say I'm bored with all the content. Going through a zone a second or even a third time got me quite a few new experiences too.
    My question to you all is, whats your "/played" if it exists in GW2, how many hours do you play a day? etc.

I was a little late picking up the game because of financial issues but I think I have given GW2 a nice amount of attention. Ever think you are all consuming content too quick? No wonder Fractals has endless difficulty

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    My question to you all is, whats your "/played" if it exists in GW2, how many hours do you play a day? etc.

I was a little late picking up the game because of financial issues but I think I have given GW2 a nice amount of attention. Ever think you are all consuming content too quick? No wonder Fractals has endless difficulty
    495 hours since release and not even close to having seen all of the world/content. boredom? what is this? I can only speak for myself, but I'm pretty sure if I would go through each and every zone I've done so far again, it would still be fun for me. I go through "old" zones a lot in order to play with my friends anyway, can't say I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    I play maybe 30-40 mins a week nowadays. New games came out + stuff.

Ever think you are all consuming content too quick?
    No, I just played the game normally from release till now. I do not PVP so completing the zones 1by1 and random events are pretty much the extent of content I enjoy.

It usually only takes an hour or two to finish a zone.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-22 at 02:34 AM.

It usually only takes an hour or two to finish a zone.
    Playing the game this way just leaves a shallow experience...

just to show what I mean:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTF9T...feature=g-user

Well from what I know of Fencers, she is a power gamer type. And yeah, GW2 doesn't lend itself well toward that type of game style. But then she seems to enjoy the game, so *shrug*

This is a mini-expansion: link.

Load these patch notes into open office and see how many pages you get. Hint: more than 14 less than 16.

I don't mind the fractals thing or Sunshine Island. But this smug wording and marketing Anet have taken to is kinda shameful. Get a grip, Anet.
    haha, mini-expansion... were they always this smug or did something happen over at Anet? Hostile takeover? Aliens?

I bought Rift the day before yesterday. Even though I'm only level 13, I love it. Thanks to you Fencers. I've been watching you (write about Rift). o.O