Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kitt View Post
    What Gw2 has, which WOW hasn't?
    Fun? And Asura.

Quote Originally Posted by Aljaž View Post
    Fun? And Asura.
    To be more specific gw2 doesn't use dailies, wows current and only method to get people into the world. Not to mention they are all grind X dailys which are extremely boring and draining and they don't give the excuse "you don't have to do them even though they give good loot"

So is it time to call this game a failure yet? Boring and dead. They forgot to add excitement into this game. Even Rift has more life these days lol.

Mod edit: Please post constructively.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-12-10 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gainesvilleg View Post
    So is it time to call this game a failure yet? Boring and dead. They forgot to add excitement into this game. Even Rift has more life these days lol.
    Yep the time has come. It's dead bro. They should've add pandas to save it. And dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt View Post
    I played WOW, but i'm thinking about trying something else. Do you think GW2 will be good idea? What Gw2 has, which WOW hasn't?
    - No sub fee
    - Twitch action based combat system
    - Equalized PVP
    - 3 faction mock world PVP
    - Organic questing
    - Personalized story telling/progression
    - No raiding
    - No class trinity

Some changes to WvW coming with Wintersday patch. The biggest one is the Breakout Events for losing WvW servers...

Breakout events
    We’ve added a new event type to WvW called Breakout events which trigger when one or more teams have been pushed completely out of a map. They’re designed both to help players break out of severly camped portal keeps and to provide assistance in establishing a foothold in each map. Here’s what designer Matt Witter has to say about them:

Break Out Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps. An NPC commander will appear in the team’s start area and an event will start that prompts players to gather around. Once enough players are in the commander’s presence he will summon his trusty dolyak to give all allies in the area full supply. He will then lead the charge to the nearby objective and give players protection and assist with building siege to assault the objective with. Those benefits, along with a defensive boon that he applies to all nearby allies, makes the attacking players a force to be reckoned with. Defenders will have their work cut out for them, as once the gate or wall piece is destroyed the commander will move to the tower lord inside and attack anyone in his path.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    To be more specific gw2 doesn't use dailies, wows current and only method to get people into the world. Not to mention they are all grind X dailys which are extremely boring and draining and they don't give the excuse "you don't have to do them even though they give good loot"
    I play both WoW and GW2 and I find both fun. And believe it or not I actually find the dailies to be fun, especially now that they put some story progression in them. Heck I love questing more than anything in both GW2 and WoW. I in fact spend most of my time doing questing and leveling new characters in both games as I stay as far away from dungeons and raids in both games, since I absolutely despise dungeons and raids in MMOs, although I do really like WoW's new scenarios, but those are like the old group quests just presented in another way.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2012-12-11 at 04:36 PM.

Quick question:

Got to 36 on my Warrior and looking ahead to the new trait manual at 40, I'm only half able to afford it (lost a bet on the Cattlepault LOL). So, question is about how easy it is to acquire gold at higher levels? I picked up a Midnight Fire dye that I would like to keep, but I really need the four-ish gold I can get by putting it up for trade; if I can easily make up the cost later, I won't worry about it too much.

Been trying to fully clear one zone before moving on to the next, so that probably has also presented a significant deterrent to my cash flow as I'm still working on the Diessa Plateau.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

At least other MMO's have PvP or other stuff to go out and do.
    Doesn't Guild Wars 2 as well? I am pretty sure they do.

Also GW2 has dailies. They are just not compulsive like much of everything else in the game.

Other mmos have dailies...and raiding. That's about it, for pve anyway. MMOs suck, plain and simple.

Yea. The model of MMOs can be pretty constraining. I don't think MMOs deliver gameplay modes better than or as good a other genres. EXCEPT large group pve encounters. Like the one and only thing MMOs can provide not commonly seen or executed in other genres is raiding.

MMOs are kinda bad games in a certain sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Quick question:

Got to 36 on my Warrior and looking ahead to the new trait manual at 40, I'm only half able to afford it (lost a bet on the Cattlepault LOL). So, question is about how easy it is to acquire gold at higher levels? I picked up a Midnight Fire dye that I would like to keep, but I really need the four-ish gold I can get by putting it up for trade; if I can easily make up the cost later, I won't worry about it too much.

Been trying to fully clear one zone before moving on to the next, so that probably has also presented a significant deterrent to my cash flow as I'm still working on the Diessa Plateau.
    It's quite easy, just fractals, get a couple of orange quality weapons (exotic iirc) and then use the highest savage kits, fast ectoplasms that sell for a nice high price.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Doesn't Guild Wars 2 as well? I am pretty sure they do.

Also GW2 has dailies. They are just not compulsive like much of everything else in the game.
    You're forgetting about beer brawl... by the way where are the other promised mini-games :C?

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Quick question:

Have they actually fixed the Cattlepult yet? It's been the last thing I need to complete that zone for months, but every time I go out there it's still disabled.

As for the manual, don't buy one from the NPC. Look it up on the trading post and then put in an offer (don't buy instantly). I've gotten the level 40 manual for 20s+ less than buying retail.

It's tough to say about the dye since prices of dyes seem to keep climbing. I'd personally be inclined to hold onto it. Case in point, a few weeks ago you could get the Abyss dye for 5g now it's up to 20g. You may get 4g for that dye now, but when you go to buy it again the cost may have inflated.

I don't really know what to advise if you don't have at least 80s by level 40 other than sell, sell, sell. You can always check the TP for the going rate of ore and wood and farm a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    MMOs are kinda bad games in a certain sense.
    And I love them to pieces . I play them far more than any single player games and I don't even raid or do dungeons in MMOs, heck I barely take part in the social aspects of MMOs at all. My main reason for playing MMOs is the character (non gear) progression and story progression of the world, I like playing in a game world that's going to expand (hopefully) for many years and have my character(s) grow with that story and world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Have they actually fixed the Cattlepult yet? It's been the last thing I need to complete that zone for months, but every time I go out there it's still disabled.
    Worked fine for me, yeah; almost got that zone cleared, just some POIs and a vista or two, I think.

And I didn't realize those manuals could be auctioned - I'll look into that when I get on later. Thanks for the tip.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    You're forgetting about beer brawl... by the way where are the other promised mini-games :C?
    Implemented after guesting.

NATCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    When speaking in the context of, "Reasons to go out into the world.", no. It doesn't have PvP or many of the other reasons that people in other MMO's might venture forth into "the world". =D
    Well, WvW is their open world PVP. I suppose one can look at WvW in a sense of a large warfront. And that's fair.

There are the same reasons to travel the GW2 world as any other MMO I have played; crafting, gathering, questing, story, dailies, achievements, exploration, etc. Pretty standard stuff.

They're not that way in other games, too. People just make them out to be. It's weird, because we keep hearing the logic of, "Well, you don't have to go that high into fractals." or "Well, Ascendant gear isn't that big of an upgrade." and yet a daily in WoW that gives 150 reputation and 12 gold is suddenly twisting your arm to the point of breaking.
    Don't know about Warcraft. But to one degree or another, dailies are needed to progress in many mainstream MMOs which are heavily stat driven. That really isn't so in GW2 at all.

Like at a certain point X amount threshold of gear is needed in Aion, SWTOR, Rift, et cetera. Or at the least you are placing yourself at a disadvantage by not having that enchant or trinket.

You sorta have no real advantage in GW2. I barely notice even having exotic gear. Everything is slightly meaningless/trivial.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-12-12 at 02:34 AM.

ANet has done a great job of getting rid of the bots (though I'm not too happy about the quadrupling of dye prices because of that). Here's a short update about the issue...

Mike Lewis on the War Against the Bots

In the month of November, we terminated over 34,000 accounts for operating bots in Guild Wars 2. Moreover, we have observed a serious decrease in the population of bots in the game – and so have you, our players. The number of bots reported every hour worldwide has dropped from more than 2,000 in October to a much healthier 20 as of this writing.

I find that funny since I've been reporting the same 3guys since release and they're still there... (i also found a new group of 4bots in ml who are ingame 24/7)

There are still bots around but I see a lot less of them.

What I have been seeing lately are these gathering bots. They teleport from gathering node to gathering node. It actually makes it hard to report them since they go rather fast.

Guild Wars 2 has a trailer running before The Hobbit in some markets. Very smart idea. Here's a pic someone posted on Reddit...