The boss before that one is the hardest one, iirc. Harder than the expo mode bosses actually.

They may have changed it at some point though. I haven't done story mode in quite a long time.

yeah he was pretty hard, I don't know how I managed to survive the battle, coming back from quite a few downstates. Some of the group had to run back through a group of mobs we didn't kill... they didn't hunt us down to the bossroom, so we left them alive - as a sign of good will ^^ I died at the last boss 3 or 4 times, next time no glass cannon run in this dungeon.

---------- Post added 2013-01-10 at 08:58 AM ----------

the one thing I'm a bit dissappointed though are the open world boss-battles. Here a little idea to make those a bit more interesting http://redd.it/16ad82

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I think the thing why experiences differ a lot is the nature of dynamic events. You can run through a zone and engage dozen of events while someone else finds none the next day. A few events are still bugged also, so they might not even trigger. My Ranger who explored Queensdale for example couldn't find an event for half an hour. I didn't have such a experience a 2nd time though.

I agree that events shouldn't run on 5min-timers, I guess we will have to wait for a few updates in this sector (which will come, as they mentioned).

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/28/gu...play-together/

This are their goals, which sound pretty cool. I'm ok with having less events now and more as new content comes over time... the game is huge as it is and I can see that it takes a lot of work to make the world feel alive and growing constantly. Personally I'm not bored with what we have now and I'm 80 since a month after release.

the reason why I believe them with this is because they have a live team for exactly this.

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...30#entry969335
    Pretty interesting...
    Meh still no offcial word about January update?
    Maybe I'll get this game today or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    Pretty interesting...
    Meh still no offcial word about January update?
    Maybe I'll get this game today or tomorrow.
    Colin Johansen posted that there will be a "blog post in about a week or so that summarizes the high level plan for the first 6 months of 2013 for GW2. Then each of the individual releases for January, February, etc. will have their own release pages on our website, as well as blog posts describing specific important new features where appropriate. More info coming in about a week once it’s all edited and localized!"

Deleted
    So all level 80 gear have the same amount of stats? I know there is armor sets for diff playstyles like conditional dmg armor and such.

So T3 cultural are equal with the Vigial order armor?
    is exotic armor bettet then rare stats wise or is it just cosmetic?

Thanks!

all level 80 armor of the same rarity has equal amount of stats.

it goes from Junk -> Basic -> Fine -> Masterwork -> Rare -> Exotic

Exotic is the top level of gear at the moment (there will be another level of gear called Ascended but the armor and weapons haven't been put in yet). So every level 80 exotic piece of armor will have the same amount of stats, just that they will have different allocations like condition damage, power, precision, etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by carnifex2005 View Post
    Colin Johansen posted that there will be a "blog post in about a week or so that summarizes the high level plan for the first 6 months of 2013 for GW2. Then each of the individual releases for January, February, etc. will have their own release pages on our website, as well as blog posts describing specific important new features where appropriate. More info coming in about a week once it’s all edited and localized!"
    Thanks for info! Great!

I wonder if they're going to do anything for Valentine's Day. I checked the GW1 wiki and it didn't look like they had an event for it.

Ascended weapons are definatly in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    all level 80 armor of the same rarity has equal amount of stats.

it goes from Junk -> Basic -> Fine -> Masterwork -> Rare -> Exotic

Exotic is the top level of gear at the moment (there will be another level of gear called Ascended but the armor and weapons haven't been put in yet). So every level 80 exotic piece of armor will have the same amount of stats, just that they will have different allocations like condition damage, power, precision, etcetera.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm planing to buy the vigial order armor when i ding 80 and then farm dungeons for the twilight arbor armor. Is this possible or have i missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I'm planing to buy the vigial order armor when i ding 80 and then farm dungeons for the twilight arbor armor. Is this possible or have i missed something?
    Unless you're doing it for the looks, I'd suggest buying the rare crafted gear from the Trading Post instead. It'll generally be cheaper, and you have more choice on the stat distribution that you want.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    Unless you're doing it for the looks, I'd suggest buying the rare crafted gear from the Trading Post instead. It'll generally be cheaper, and you have more choice on the stat distribution that you want.
    Oh god! Rare Berserker's Gladiator armor are sold for ~30 silver at TP. Thanks for informing me.

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Oh god! Rare Berserker's Gladiator armor are sold for ~30 silver at TP. Thanks for informing me.
    No problem lol! I did the same mistake, but I actually like the look of the vigil armor I did buy, so it was still worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I wonder if they're going to do anything for Valentine's Day. I checked the GW1 wiki and it didn't look like they had an event for it.
    There was only weekend/week mini events leading up to Cantha Fest in June/July in GW1.

There was no Valentine's Day in Guild Wars 1. April Fool's Day and Talk Like A Pirate day were also mini holiday events. Easter week was a thing though- you got candy and stuff.

Candy in GW1 = buffs.

They have the Cantha New Year at the end of this month. I very much doubt that will be in GW2 though.

Valentine's is not really a big holiday or anything (at least in my opinion) . I expect them to do something regarding Easter though, as that is as big as Christmas is. We can only wait and see

It's not a big holiday, but there's a lot of fluff you can add for it. In fact, as I recall WoW had a much bigger 'to do' with the annual V-Day event than they did for Easter (Noblegarden) for years.

Mostly I just keep wondering when to use my BL keys. :P I read somewhere that the permanent recustomization kits were either 1) only during Wintersday or 2) had their drop chances doubled during Wintersday. So, not sure if I should bother using them when there's not some kind of event happening since most of the stuff that comes out of them is meh.

Enjoy it. I know I did.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Is anybody else's TP interface bugged? Mine was fine up until a day or two ago, now it's barely legible and it looks like whatever scripts it usually uses just aren't loading.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Is anybody else's TP interface bugged? Mine was fine up until a day or two ago, now it's barely legible and it looks like whatever scripts it usually uses just aren't loading.
    I noticed the other day if I changed the UI size to small through the options menu that the TP text got clipped and smooshed. Returning the UI size to normal solved it.
    Valar morghulis