Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I noticed the other day if I changed the UI size to small through the options menu that the TP text got clipped and smooshed. Returning the UI size to normal solved it.
    I tried changing the size of the UI as well as the resolution (something someone on the official forums suggested) and I'm still getting this:

Deleted
    Should i go Berseker's armor or Knight's armor for my GS warrior? Is Berskerker's a little bit too glass canon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I tried changing the size of the UI as well as the resolution (something someone on the official forums suggested) and I'm still getting this:
    That definitely looks like a resolution issue, Lane.

Are you playing in Windowed mode by chance? Does the resolution in game match the resolution for Windows?
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by alteam View Post
    Should i go Berseker's armor or Knight's armor for my GS warrior? Is Berskerker's a little bit too glass canon?
    1. Berskerer everything.
    2. Pop ruby orbs in your armor
    3. Wreck stuff

Depends on your build I would think. If you're glass cannon build with no survivability traits, you should probably go Knight's. If your build has a bit of survivability, you might be able to afford to go with Berserker's. You could always mix and match too if you wanted, you don't NEED to go all one thing. It all depends on preference really though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairPhoenix View Post
    Depends on your build I would think. If you're glass cannon build with no survivability traits, you should probably go Knight's. If your build has a bit of survivability, you might be able to afford to go with Berserker's. You could always mix and match too if you wanted, you don't NEED to go all one thing. It all depends on preference really though.
    My traints are 30/30/0/0/10 so i guess Knight's is better for me then

My traints are 30/30/0/0/10 so i guess Knight's is better for me then
    NOOOO, stay away from knight's gear. Berserker all the way...

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    NOOOO, stay away from knight's gear. Berserker all the way...
    say this to the guy who is constantly in down mode/dead when running dungeons. People learn... eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    say this to the guy who is constantly in down mode/dead when running dungeons. People learn... eventually
    Learning to dodge is better than grabbing tough/vit. Grabbing tough/vit makes you "not learn" how to dodge/evade dmg (nor what dmg should be healed when) meaning you're a worse player overall just because of this.
    I've had numerous posts explaining all this in detail
    namely
    Here with some numbers to clarify
    and
    here at the top

Learning to dodge is better than grabbing tough/vit. Grabbing tough/vit makes you "not learn" how to dodge/evade dmg (nor what dmg should be healed when) meaning you're a worse player overall just because of this.
    I've had numerous posts explaining all this in detail
    namely
    and
    partly agree, you'll get hit eventually if there are enough enemies and you have not traited for vigor. You can be decent at dodging + have good survival stats too.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That definitely looks like a resolution issue, Lane.

Are you playing in Windowed mode by chance? Does the resolution in game match the resolution for Windows?
    I play in Fullscreen Windowed mode. It's never been an issue before a few days ago. I didn't try all the other resolutions, but I tried two different ones along with changing the UI scale back to normal and the result was still the same.

Edit: Turned out to be something with my internet options. This is what tech support suggested that finally worked:

1. Go to your Start Menu and then select the Control Panel.

2. Open "Internet Options."

3. Go to the "Advanced" tab.

4. Click "Restore advanced settings" and click the "Reset..." button.

5. In the new windows click "Reset" and once the progress is complete click "Close."
    Last edited by Lane; 2013-01-16 at 09:19 PM.

Deleted
    *Yawns* I haven't played GW2 for some time already and I'm thinking about return. Is it as dead as people say? Spam lfg fractal level XY in LA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    *Yawns* I haven't played GW2 for some time already and I'm thinking about return. Is it as dead as people say? Spam lfg fractal level XY in LA?
    Totally dead only bots and 10 fanboys play it, and yeah people only play fractals now, no one kills dragons and there are only npc in wvwvw. Jokes aside there are people playing to give you an idea check here www.gw2lfg.com and see how many groups are formed.

Deleted
    also dont forget that you can try it whenever you want since you dont have to resub.

Deleted
    Yup , I know that site. But it's from all worlds.

Still no news about January content update :/ and it's 20 already

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    If guesting comes out the 28th it's probably safe to assume the patch will too. It's too late in the month for a preview when its just a week away.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    have you missed both of these?

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/17/gw2-dev-...17-transcript/

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/19/gw2-coli...script-jan-18/

I feel like ANet maybe should have waited 1 extra year before releasing the game. Looking at these posts and interviews, they have a lot of plans to make the current world better, better bosses etc. If they did like an 1 month beta last year, looked at what they lacked in the game and then released it with more mini activities, guesting, better boss mechanics and etc, i would be super pleased, but cant say im dissapointed in the currnent game as i have spent a lot of time on it.

But hey, its better late then never and now in about 6 months time im guessing the game will have really improved.

The problem isn't that things weren't tested enough, the problem is that anet simply doesn't listen to player concerns.
    Lots of bugs have been reported since Beta (and the first set of try outs with nda's) that simply never got fixed.

Another issue is that the things they do fix are mostly trivial or simply so imbalanced that the next patch they need to nerf it again (mesmers).

The general feel that I (and many others) have is that anet simply doesn't seem to realise the effect of their changes/how to balance classes. If you look at portal you notice howmany halfassed attempts they've made to fix it and yet all of them fall short.