Yes, you may be right, but thats another case. Polish and balance should come after real content is released. To this day, Blizz cant balance the game so i dont expect Anet to be able to balance it.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I feel like ANet maybe should have waited 1 extra year before releasing the game.
    I feel like this has been said about every MMO I've played since WoW.

Indeed Lane. The problem would then be all the OTHER things that didn't ship with the game and someone else would say "they should have waited 1 extra year before releasing the game".

I am enjoying the game I bought, so why would I want to have waited til September 2013 to have had all the enjoyable moments so far? That just seems silly to me.

Whatever your opinion on GW2, I think you'd be hard pushed to find something actually game-breaking.

And remember, you aren't paying a sub every month until they fix your pet issue, so you aren't losing anything if you don't fancy playing until they get round to addressing it

I enjoy GW2 as is, but I also don't participate in a lot of the activities that seem to cause angst (notably PvP). Had GW2 not come out when it did I suppose I'd either be back to playing WoW or Rift, and I probably would have quit them in short order due to their end game focus. So, I guess that'd leave me with Skyrim. :P

Indeed, GW2 truly is the "Skyrim" of MMOs. You wander, get into adventures. Pick up/leave anytime. It even has the simple action/twitch mechanics of a Skyrim or Kingdoms of Amalur.

A very accessible game.

Nah, i'm loving GW2 so far. Recently started lvling an Asura Guardian, and have to say, it's something else, so much fun. Although the Lost Shores have nothing to offer, i love that place. I dunno, just like that island. Hope they will expand on it and stuff.

Wow. In the middle of a raid and I get an email alert saying someone from China is trying to access my account.

I quickly try to log in to GW2.

Well, my account has been hacked. >.>

wow, that really sucks fencers

and knowing arenanet's response time on these things, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    I feel like ANet maybe should have waited 1 extra year before releasing the game. Looking at these posts and interviews, they have a lot of plans to make the current world better, better bosses etc. If they did like an 1 month beta last year, looked at what they lacked in the game and then released it with more mini activities, guesting, better boss mechanics and etc, i would be super pleased, but cant say im dissapointed in the currnent game as i have spent a lot of time on it.

But hey, its better late then never and now in about 6 months time im guessing the game will have really improved.
    The problem with that statement is that being a MMO it would never trully be ready...And the "wait" for another year would polish a few things, of course, but it would leave other stuff at the same level. So in my point of view I strongly believe a game needs to be launched in order to grow (again specially in MMOs). But regardless yeah, nothing is perfect, there were things that could've been better handled...but I don't think the launch time per-se was one of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Wow. In the middle of a raid and I get an email alert saying someone from China is trying to access my account.

I quickly try to log in to GW2.

Well, my account has been hacked. >.>
    Wow that's sucks. Hopefully you get it back quickly.

Did anyone noticed increase of events after last patch ?

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Oh, yeah. I was out in Queensdale doing my daily last night and I not only saw Shadow Behemoth for the first time in months, but all of the champion events were spawning constantly. Now if they'd only tweak the cost of travel (or increase monetary event rewards) I'd actually be able to do them all without losing money. :P

Also did one of the jumping puzzles in the Norn area today and holy smokes I felt like Frodo going through middle of a mountain. Not even a Tolkien fan. It was 3 different jumping puzzles chained, very cool.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

There's quite a bit of QQ on the official forums regarding 4+1 cof farm teams. I don't get this, it's simply the minmaxing community "looking" for peers...
    My friends and I have a very clear description regarding our team "lf exp wars full glass(link gear) cof p1farm " and then people are anoyed when they get kicked after linking knight's gear...

I'm sad that they're looking into changing the mag event on p2. I find it a great dps-check and lots of fun

I have yet to step into a dungeon other than the storymode Ascalon Catacombs one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    My friends and I have a very clear description regarding our team "lf exp wars full glass(link gear) cof p1farm " and then people are anoyed when they get kicked after linking knight's gear...
    I'm not trying to be annoying or anything but why would you do that?
    A group of blue-geared lvl80s can faceroll almost every dungeon with a bit of team play. Sure, having good gear and high damage helps, so it's fine if you expect people to be decent geared. But your requirement seems OTT and unnecessary to me. You're doing CoF (!), not high-level Fractals.

Also, the "link gear" part reminds me why I got fed up with WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I have yet to step into a dungeon other than the storymode Ascalon Catacombs one time.
    I recently came back from a break, and started running explorable dungeons for the first time. Having an absolute blast so far. Just as a heads up, please inform your group if it's your first time running a dungeon, especially explorable. You'd expect to instantly be kicked, but people are a lot more tolerant than I gave them credit for. There's usually one person taking the reigns of a dungeon, so you don't need to know everything beforehand, he/she will usually take time to explain.

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    I'm not trying to be annoying or anything but why would you do that?
    A group of blue-geared lvl80s can faceroll almost every dungeon with a bit of team play. Sure, having good gear and high damage helps, so it's fine if you expect people to be decent geared. But your requirement seems OTT and unnecessary to me. You're doing CoF (!), not high-level Fractals.

Also, the "link gear" part reminds me why I got fed up with WoW.
    A couple of reasons:

1. Glass gear is the best, we want to farm it meaning the more runs in less time the better (this requires a certain build)
    2. Zerging minimises the requirement of team play and simplifies fights => less deaths
    3. We state our purpose and our requirement. To avoid people trying to leech we have to get people to link gear (yes one person in tough/vit/x gear makes a big difference)
    4. I've done CoF so many times I can do it blind. I'm not there for an experience so the faster it's over the better.
    5. In wow "link gear" was used for pretty much every non-casual guild. When you apply you have to link armoury, explain gems/chants/talents and basic rotations.
    6. If you're in blues/greens you're probably not experienced so you're wasting 4 ppl's times. If you want to do it join a regular group not a SC-group
    7. People seem to think that knight's armour = glass. So we need a way of checking if they actually are glass or not.
    8. If you're trying to deceive us, you don't deserve to come with us.

9. (seperated a bit) links to what thejekyll said. If you're a noob it's ok but we're not a group that tolerates them. When I'm doing cof1+2 on my ranger or ele noobs are welcome IF they say in advance that they have no experience with the dungeon. Wiping due to someone not understanding mechanics (or generally wasting time) annoys me, you're also again trying to leech so you deserve a boot.

In comparison, let's say you're on a skiing trip with friends and friends of friends. You ask if everyone knows is a good skier and all say yes. So you head to the hardest slope (since this is what you find fun) and all of a sudden it turns out that the friends of friends are on their ass 70% of the time.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-01-25 at 12:17 PM.

So, is there a GW2 equivalent of Jesse Cox or Total Biscuit anywhere on YouTube?

Wooden Potatoes does a lot of stuff. Probably the most consistent and the best produced.

Dontain does some stuff too.