10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So, is there a GW2 equivalent of Jesse Cox or Total Biscuit anywhere on YouTube?
    I would assume Total Biscuit does GW2 videos still. He was very excited for it before launch, interviews with Devs and played beta with devs too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    I would assume Total Biscuit does GW2 videos still. He was very excited for it before launch, interviews with Devs and played beta with devs too.
    TB doesn't do GW2 videos at all. He barely played the game. Just recently mentioned GW2 in a vlog as a "good game" he doesn't have time or inclination to play vis-a-vis work/other games.

TB only really liked WOW as an MMO. He is an FPS guy with his other major MMO love being Planetside 1. Noe he runs [i think] a huge Planetside 2 guild, or outfit rather.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-27 at 05:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernling306 View Post
    Actually he hops around from game to game. He hasn't played since beta he lost interest in the game according to this recent video go to the 17:45min mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4diB5BrqBg

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    TB doesn't do GW2 videos at all. He barely played the game. Just recently mentioned GW2 in a vlog as a "good game" he doesn't have time or inclination to play vis-a-vis work/other games.

TB only really liked WOW as an MMO. He is an FPS guy with his other major MMO love being Planetside 1. Noe he runs [i think] a huge Planetside 2 guild, or outfit rather.
    Yeah and (un)fortunately I'm on the same server he is. He's not a bad guy, but the derps that worm their way into his outfit end up hindering progress rather than help it (Dumb teamkilling, general stupidity, no sense of tactics)

Not a lot of MMOs generate World of Warcraft level of speculation, interest, theory crafting, viewership or "intensity".

That isn't to say other MMOs are worse off or can't support such things. But you really are not gonna get the same volume of websites, podcasts, memes and so forth out your Teras, Rifts and Guild Wars 2s.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Actually he hops around from game to game. He hasn't played since beta he lost interest in the game according to this recent video go to the 17:45min mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4diB5BrqBg
    Was just a short blurb but his explanation about not playing seems plausible enough, especially in his line of work as he pointed out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Was just a short blurb but his explanation about not playing seems plausible enough, especially in his line of work as he pointed out.
    Yeah, the people who are in that type of business with exception of WoW can't stay focused on one game. (He did come out and say he did lose interest in the game but I'm not going to over analyze that) A MMO usually does take a serious time commitment as he mentioned. Well I hope for the people who depend on WoW as their bread & butter money maker that when it does loose momentum the next big thing be it Titan or w/e continues to be lucrative. My gut feeling is nothing anytime soon will be able to do that. People like TB know that and branched out quickly to be more of an "all around" game coverage personality. People that come to mind for example are like Lore from GBTV etc the day will come when that cow won't have much milk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    (He did come out and say he did lose interest in the game but I'm not going to over analyze that)
    yeah, but you did take this out of context. he explained why and it had little to do with the game and everything to do with his line of work and the saturation of GW2 content channels at launch. he even explained, in earlier videos, why he had stopped producing GW2 content during beta; it was due to his schedule and that there were more people producing the same content faster than he was so he had no unique angle from which to present his GW2 content.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Thanks. Anyone happen to know why Jesse doesn't do WoW videos anymore?

Maybe he doesn't play wow anymore?

Out of curiosity:

How much your loading times are?
    I just ran a test
    LA = 16 secs (first login) and 22 secs (from heart of the mists)
    Cursed Shores = 38 secs
    Caldeon Forest = 28 secs
    Heart of the mists = 24 secs (first login) and 14 secs (from LA thru menu)

Honestly It always felt much more than this ahaha. But anyways you guys have similar timing of loading?

I haven't actually timed it but it always seems like Lions Arch always takes the longest to load.

If I had some extra cash I'd get a solid state drive but no monies at the moment.

Maybe he doesn't play wow anymore?
    As far as I know he still plays WoW, but it's gotten to the point where he's really only interested in raiding and not much else with the game. I know he did some videos of the Pandaria beta, but that was the last videos of WoW I've seen from him. I think most of his MMO content is in the form of live streams now, I've seen a couple of his GW2 WvWvW live streams and some of his WoW raid live streams. I haven't seen any recently though, but that's because I typically prefer not to watch live streams.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Thanks. Anyone happen to know why Jesse doesn't do WoW videos anymore?
    Jesse still plays WoW. Once he leveled/quested in MOP he switched to mostly raiding. Jesse has streamed some of his WoW raids.

Kind of a funny note: There was a guy streaming WOW last night and he had almost 2k viewers. I looked at his stream to see what sort of content was competing with Path of Exile [which was getting nice views last night]. This guy was streaming his Orc idling in midair for a good 40 mins. Almost 2k viewers.

A LOL streamer was somewhere near 7k viewers. He was eating dinner for about 20 mins with a Notepad on screen reading: BRB FOOD.

The immense popularity of League of Legends and World of Warcraft still surprise me sometimes. Heh.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-01-27 at 11:27 PM.

Kind of a funny note: There was a guy streaming WOW last night and he had almost 2k viewers. I looked at his stream to see what sort of content was competing with Path of Exile [which was getting nice views last night]. This guy was streaming his Orc idling in midair for a good 40 mins. Almost 2k viewers.

A LOL streamer was somewhere near 7k viewers. He was eating dinner for about 20 mins with a Notepad on screen reading: BRB FOOD.

The immense popularity of League of Legends and World of Warcraft still surprise me sometimes. Heh.
    Im pretty sure those ppl are doing other things while waiting for the streamer to continue streaming i dont think they are watching an afk stream. Yay for multiple tabs/Windows on internet browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Im pretty sure those ppl are doing other things while waiting for the streamer to continue streaming i dont think they are watching an afk stream. Yay for multiple tabs/Windows on internet browsers.
    Well, of course. Though it is still quite impressive to maintain such high viewership through lulls in content.

A LOL streamer like Wingsofdeath total viewership sometimes eclipses the entire viewership of several other games/channels combined.

I think that's pretty remarkable.

I feel like will smith, I just don't understand

I feel like will smith, I just don't understand
    You mean you feel like Will Smith's parents. Smith got it, so to speak.

Parents just don't understand. :P

You mean you feel like Will Smith's parents. Smith got it, so to speak.

Parents just don't understand. :P
    yeah. will smith is that one watching video streams of other players, I'm his parents

Jesse still plays WoW. Once he leveled/quested in MOP he switched to mostly raiding. Jesse has streamed some of his WoW raids.
    Ah, okay. I don't typically watch streams, so that would explain it.

Thanks for those GW2 YouTube channels, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Out of curiosity:

How much your loading times are?
    I just ran a test
    LA = 16 secs (first login) and 22 secs (from heart of the mists)
    Cursed Shores = 38 secs
    Caldeon Forest = 28 secs
    Heart of the mists = 24 secs (first login) and 14 secs (from LA thru menu)

Honestly It always felt much more than this ahaha. But anyways you guys have similar timing of loading?
    I know I've clocked at least a full 2 minutes zoning into LA, and that is unfortunately standard for me. Orr is bad too, but nothing's as bad as LA. I haven't timed any of the other zones. I know Divinity's Reach is almost as bad as LA, the other capitals not nearly as much. Queensdale always seems to take a long time too.